Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Two Pot Screamer
    vCash

Davison Out For The Season - Dube To Skate Singles

http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/bre...wAllComments=y

Sad for them, but about Dube skating singles again! It's a good way to keep training while Bryce recovers, I supppose.
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    That's extremely serious.

I doubt he's going to return to competitive skating.

I mean it's very much possible (cue Shen/Zhao) but after 3 months hardly moving his leg, it's going to take him an extremely long time to return to shape.

vCash
    Wow, good luck to her. I hope he recovers fully and quickly!

vCash
    Broken bone chip in the knee joint. I had that 18 years ago. I did not have surgery (since I was and am no athlete) but they put my knee in a cast for 6 weeks. It took me months afterward to get over the limp, but eventually it recovered to normal (sort of). I don't think the injury itself is necessarily fatal to his career but who knows ...

vCash
    So sorry to here about Bryce, I hope he can recover and that this won't end his skating career.

If Jessica does singles, do you think she might be able to qualify for worlds or four continents considering the caliber of the women's field in Canada without Joannie?

vCash
    Sorry to hear about Bryce . Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Wow, I didn't realize Bryce had had such a serious injury. Best of luck to Jessica.

ETA: and to Bryce, of course
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kates8 View Post
    Sorry to hear about Bryce . Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?
    I would imagine they'd give her a bye.

vCash
    Dube has all triples up to lutz, no? Her speed and carriage are superior to most Canadian ladies barring Rochette, so she should be in contention.

vCash
    This makes me extremely sad. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but now that S&Z are retired, D&D were by far my favourite pair, and they were one of the few teams I was actually looking forward to seeing in this season's very depleted field.

vCash
    The article said she skated singles in jr. but I'm sure she skated senior ladies last Canadians I was at. Ottawa, 05 maybe?

I might be wrong and it was only Bryce?

vCash
    Ouch, that's definitely worse than the vague "knee injury" we'd heard about. Poor Bryce.

How long has it been since Jessica did singles? A couple of seasons?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrrl View Post
    This makes me extremely sad. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but now that S&Z are retired, D&D were by far my favourite pair, and they were one of the few teams I was actually looking forward to seeing in this season's very depleted field.
    Me too

vCash
    Best of luck for a full recovery to Bryce.

Intersting training if Jessica does singles, she and Cynthia would really push each other I hope.

vCash
    It seems the couple has had their share of injuries and accidents.
    We’ve seen quite many injuries and surgeries this season so far. Lepisto, Nagasu, Bates, Virtue and now Davison, to name a few. Nothing would be more frustrating for the athletes than being sidelined for a long period with a serious injury. Wish a fast and complete recovery for each of them.
    Best wishes for Dube, too.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    The article said she skated singles in jr. but I'm sure she skated senior ladies last Canadians I was at. Ottawa, 05 maybe?
    I'm pretty sure she skated singles as a senior. I seem to remember that when people started to take notice of them as a pair, she was still skating singles. Or am I thinking of Meagan Duhamel....
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Pretty sure of that too... I would say 2006 and 2007 Canadian championships at the very least.

vCash
    Just wondering if Jessica did Sectionals in singles? Doesn't one have toqualify in Sectionals to go to Challenge?
    She didn't (Quebec sectionals just finished this weekend) and one does have to qualify. Perhaps there is some provision for discretion on the part of Skate Canada somewhere in the rulebook.

This really could change the feel of the pairs competition at Canadians, since I think the other pairs assumed they were fighting for silver or lower. Now they would be fighting for the gold.

This has got to be very tough for both of them, but especially Bryce. Sorry to hear about this.

vCash
    She skated in seniors a few times. The last time, I believe, was in 2008, when she finished sixth overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    I'm pretty sure she skated singles as a senior. I seem to remember that when people started to take notice of them as a pair, she was still skating singles. Or am I thinking of Meagan Duhamel....
    Quote Originally Posted by Choupette View Post
    Pretty sure of that too... I would say 2006 and 2007 Canadian championships at the very least.
    Jessica was 8th in 2006 Senior Ladies and 18th in 2007 (this was the year she only skated the short program.)
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast