Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    With Tomas the most important thing is stamina. He already has enough of everything else.
    True. Go Tomás!

vCash
    Sure T Verner is great, he has charisma and charm. He performs very well on his Michael Jackson program. However I don't think it was well choreographed. Obviously he chose the lyrical aspect of Michael Jackson's music to cut his music. And he indeed skates very smoothly, which is interesting since other skaters who skate on MJ's songs tend to be histeric which is exactly the contrary of what should be done IMO. But still it was so smooth that he forgot to put the hip hop energic moves.
    Amodio is too histeric for me but he put the energy into the choreography.

It's indeed very hard to skate correctly on Jackson's song !

There is another skater who uses Jackson's songs this year, I forgot his name, can someone see who I'm talking about ? I thing it's a japanese skater, not sure though. Well, I find that this skater uses the music the best I've seen this year. He really get the feel of the tempo and uses the right moves, not too much, not to little neither.
    Need to recall his name...

JEWELS.
    vCash
    I really enjoyed Verner's skating at CoC. Hoping he can make a run at the podium at Euros.

vCash

Tomas to all the podiums!
    May the glove rule this season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ninadel View Post
    Jeremy's my other favourite male skater, so I'm going to root for both of them. Assuming that Patrick will medal even if he sits down for the entire program, I'd hope that these two get the remaining two medals.

-At NHK Jeremy got very similar TES scores (67.15) to Tomas in CoC (68.94).
    -Both are using lutz temporarily as a placeholder for the quad.
    -Jeremy doesn't really have any weaknesses technically and is more likely to milk PCS with difficult transitions. Tomas needs to work on his spins, but has more exciting footwork and jumps.
    -Jeremy's Life is Beautiful program already looks like a finished product. Tomas' MJ is a little sloppy but will probably come together as the season continues.
    -Jeremy is more of an early season skater, Tomas a late season skater.

I would predict that Jeremy would beat Tomas in Russia if he skates clean because he's better prepared at this point, but by the end of the season (assuming both are healthy) Tomas will up his game.

I think people underestimate Tomas as an artist because he's getting the reputation of being a crowdpleaser. He's like a Candeloro but with strong skating skills and dancer-like qualities. Back-to-back with Mroz you can see how Tomas really uses his shoulders and arms, but it's so natural that it's easy to take for granted.
    Tomas and Jeremy also got very similar PCS scores at their first GPs, 75.56 vs 76.42, so they are clearly very comparable in that respect as well. I like Tomas's SP better than Jeremy's but Jeremy's LP better than Tomas's, at least at this point.

I think a lot will depend on if either men attempts the quad in the FS at COR and if Tomas gets edge calls on his flip again (he did at CoC but usually he doesn't). Jeremy fell on his 4t most of the time last season, while the 4t was one of Tomas's strongest elements last season; if they both attempt and land the quad, I tend to think Tomas would garner more +GOE for it as his jumps just seem bigger all around. However, if one of them attempts the quad and falls on it, while the other does a lutz instead and has a clean/nearly clean performance, it's a toss up over who will win.

I assume neither Jeremy nor Tomas will be attempting the quad in the SP at COR, so if they both go clean and Tomas doesn't get an edge call on his flip, I'd say he has a good chance to be ahead of Jeremy after the SP as I personally find his SP much more entertaining and watchable. The FS I tend to think Jeremy can win, but if he goes for the quad and falls on it, Tomas may be able to edge him out overall with a good performance - with or without the quad. The PCS should be very comparable and while Jeremy is generally better at spins, he was also having spin troubles at NHK, one of his spins in the SP didn't count and then he got some low levels in the LP. In terms of footwork, I think Tomas is slightly better, but again they are pretty comparable. I think a lot will come down to execution and the decision both men make about the quad, and if they land it should they decide to go for it. COR will be a nailbiter!

vCash
    if Tomas gets edge calls on his flip again (he did at CoC but usually he doesn't)
    I think he lips most of the time though, but sometimes the judges are just being nice
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    I think he lips most of the time though, but sometimes the judges are just being nice
    Poo. Maybe he will switch and do 3lz-3t as his combo then and do 3f or 4t out of steps?

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    I'm soooooooooo glad to see Tomas gain some consistency! It's been ages since he looked happy at a competition, and for once I didn't feel anxious while he competed. At this point, I don't really care if he medals or not----I just don't want him to bomb like he did in the past. If Verner can get on the podium, then so much the better, but as a fan, it's more important for me to be able to enjoy his performance without nervously biting my fingernails the whole time.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I love the name of this thread because it's true, IMO; Tomas is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_MhhCNHQa4
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I love the name of this thread because it's true, IMO; Tomas is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_MhhCNHQa4
    Apparently he's a really nice guy too. And smart, he speaks Czech, German, English, and French, wow!

vCash
    My dislike isn't fully irrational.

One reason: His costumes are always FUG.

The day I see him in a costume which isn't vomit inducing, I might reconsider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

OMG, you are so twisted... his costumes are often totally awesome! Loved the costumes from his 2006/2007 LP, 07/08 LP (in both cases, looooved the gloves), 09/10 LP and this season's SP. I mean, yeah, sometimes the costumes ARE pretty bad, but hey, show me a skater who ALWAYS dresses nicely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Please. He is a very attractive young man and I love most of his costumes. I thought both his costumes at CoC were very flattering and tasteful.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Apparently he's a really nice guy too. And smart, he speaks Czech, German, English, and French, wow!
    and Russian
    "it doesn't matter if you love what you do, but that you do what you love"
    a quote Tomas Verner () gave me to think about...

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I mean, yeah, sometimes the costumes ARE pretty bad, but hey, show me a skater who ALWAYS dresses nicely.
    Jeffrey Buttle! At the very least, I don't recall him ever wearing an outfit that I thought was absolutely fugly.

I generally like Tomas' costumes, and even when he's wearing a hideous one, I forgive him because he's such a cute guy.

Btw, does he allow his fans to friend him on Facebook?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deedeelocks View Post
    and Russian
    Wow. Overachiever

vCash
    Wow. Overachiever
    I did look out fo him at COC beacause of Pinky's enthusiasm for him. Loved his Gene Kelly. I haven't seen the MJ yet, but Universal Sports is still running COC this week.

vCash
    The fact that Mrozzz beat him in the FS made me a little ticked off, Tomas is so clearly superior IMO.
    ITA, in every aspect of his skating !

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quiero más Tomás!
    Dame más Tomás!
    Me gusta Tomás!
    Saludos Tomas Verner!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast