vCash

Australian Adult Skater Tibbi Straub has passed away

Some of you may know Tibbi who competed at the Obertsdorf Adult competitions over the years. This morning I was told that last night he passed away, suffering a major heart attack.

Condolences to his wife Sharon. He will be sadly missed from the Australian skating scene.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I only met Tibi and Sharon a couple of times when we were home in Sydney a few Christmases ago, but they were both very friendly and helpful, and Tibi encouraged us to stay in touch.

My husband was only speaking to Tibi a few weeks ago at Penrith ice rink, and we'd been looking forward to getting to know he and Sharon better.

This is very sad news indeed.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing the news. I saw some posts on Facebook from other adult skaters and recognized him from the photos, but wasn't sure where he was from. This is sad news indeed - everyone who had met him at Obertsdorf spoke very highly of him.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I saw them routinely in Oberstdorf each year. He was a very nice man, who was very going and loved to skate. I can't imagine how Sharon is dealing with this loss. So sorry ....

vCash
    Tibi was a great guy and will be sorely missed.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.