Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    C/L did the right thing, IMO.
    Zazoui simply didn't suit them. I hope the new team will manage to provide a better and suitable FD for them.

vCash
    Honestly I don't think they is gonna help them much. Zazoui seemed to improve their technique and challenged them in the material she gave them. They are not comfortable with being more edgy?

They fell in the rankings because they've skated like crap. Luca is better skater than Anna and this has become more and more noticeable. I really do hope they find what they are looking for. But they better be careful what they asked for cuz they just may get it. New coach, new programs and they'll ranking will not change.

I don't see placing in the top 6 at euros with this coaching change and definitely not in the 10 top at worlds.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Maybe it's only an interim arrangement..'til next year. If they're just going down the ladder with every successive competition , they have nothing to lose by making a change now..even if they need to make a further change next season.

For F/S last year , I thought Linichuk was their official /main coach, but Camerlengo was their choreographer..? ...Was he an official /secondary coach as well ?

I think Camerlengo would be a good choice for C/LN..I like them very much, and hope they'll find a good situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    how many more pairs Z and S could embrace? V/M, D/W, Sam/Bates, Khohk/A, Shibs, Chock/Zuerlein, Tobias/Stagniunas plus some less known couples - quite crowdy over there!
    Can you imagine what their J/GP season must be like? And what their J/GPF experience is going to be like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Zazoui seemed to improve their technique and challenged them in the material she gave them. They are not comfortable with being more edgy?
    I can agree to the part about the edgier material (though the FD they're going to ditch was utterly boring so I can't wait for that) but I def. cannot see how they were improving in their technique... I'd say quite the contrary actually. I had hoped they would come to their senses last year afetr worlds (Anna was totally crushed after the FD, poor girl) but any time is better than never... I'm curious to see them at Nats, it's little more than a month from now...

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Maybe it's only an interim arrangement..'til next year. If they're just going down the ladder with every successive competition , they have nothing to lose by making a change now..even if they need to make a further change next season.

For F/S last year , I thought Linichuk was their official /main coach, but Camerlengo was their choreographer..? ...Was he an official /secondary coach as well ?

I think Camerlengo would be a good choice for C/LN..I like them very much, and hope they'll find a good situation.
    Good first point. And for the (for me) obligatory F/S clarification: Last year they started officialy with Pasquale + Paola Mezzadri as coaches (plus Paola acting choreographer with other people), but later switched their US base to Linichuck, basically cutting Pasquale out (not them, the federation. They actually insisted to have him listed as coach and accredited to events anyway, after all the work they'd done together). They worked the rest of the season with Linichuck/Karponossov in the US, and Mezzadri as choach plus other choreographers when they were in Italy.

It will be interesting to see what Paola will do with Anna and Luca and how it will all work out. After all, Anna grew up skating with her (back when she skated up till Jr with Matteo Zanni). Then when Mezzadri/Pelizzola split, Anna/Luca went with Pelizzola and only later moved to Lyon.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    They fell in the rankings because they've skated like crap. Luca is better skater than Anna and this has become more and more noticeable. I really do hope they find what they are looking for. But they better be careful what they asked for cuz they just may get it. New coach, new programs and they'll ranking will not change.
    Yes... maybe instead of them getting a new coach, it should be him getting a new partner... Where are all the fierce divas in Italy? I miss Barbara.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Yes... maybe instead of them getting a new coach, it should be him getting a new partner... Where are all the fierce divas in Italy? I miss Barbara.
    Amen to that!

Barbara's skating ability was WOW. Barbara is the one of the best ice dancers male and female of her generation. Musicality exceptional, Versatile in every music genre/style.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I hope they ditch that lame SD as well.
    Shush, it's the best SD I've seen so far this season.

BTW - The pbp thread said F/S are no longer coached by Krylova/Camerlengo? If that's true, C/L might consider them as a less crowded alternative to S/Z. They worked wonders for F/S - huge improvement in their skating.
    Faiella/Scali have already been training under Linichuk last season.

I say yes to that idea for Capellini/LaNotte.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Faiella/Scali have already been training under Linichuk last season.
    Must ask (slightly off-topic): what was wrong with her skirts in China?

vCash
    They were very long, and she wasn't doing anything to manage them with an arm, for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Shush, it's the best SD I've seen so far this season.
    Ugh! Saccharin-laden schmaltz! It's so cutesy-cutesy and sickeningly sweet it makes my teeth ache just watching it. The music choices alone are and

The best SDs I've seen so far all come from Gorshkov/Petukov - interesting, well thought out, an artistic whole, AND the movements actually fit the music well [not a given anymore unfortunately]. They did SDs for Hoff/Zav, Riazanova/T and Kos/M in juniors. My 3 favorite programs so far. I'm just hoping they perform them well.

vCash
    I disagree that Zazoui didn't suit them. Their Requiem for a Dream FD was perfect for them and Muriel did that for them.

They should stay with Zazoui and just get a new FD from her IMO, especially now that they've done away with that bs uplifting crap, Zazoui could give them a much better piece along the lines of Requiem for a Dream.

vCash
    Anyone else wondering how long it will be before we hear that F&S are ditching the Flamenco FD for a new one? I'll be shocked if this one stays around.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure there are more and most complicated reasons why the left Zazoui rather then a simply not very good free dance,and of course the Federation must have a role in all this.

I'm worried,I've always been a fan of C/L, and from next season on, they will most likely replace F/S as first couple as F/S will probably retire.. and they are just not ready yet! Not because they're too young or unexperienced, but a coaching change requires time and patience to work: will they go for *another* coaching change this summer? are they going to look for a new team abroad this season (pretty impossible)?. I don't think they're going to stay with Mezzadri for the future seasons but on the other side, there are not too many options in Europe..

I was expecting them to have "the" great season this year or the next one, now
    Oh boy, I hate mid-season coaching changes so much!
    CaroFan™

vCash
    The question is if they're placement at NHK just had to do with their free dance. Since F/S are still not retired, C/L are still only #2 in Italy...

But apart from that, I had the feeling that they stagnated ever since they've been with Zazoui. Maybe it's simply a coach-skater match which didn't work out? Maybe style and work technique didn't work? Zazoui is a good coach but I think if coach and skater don't go together... Something doesn't necessarily have to happen, not every coach is right for every skater.

I wasn't too fond of either programs last season and the FD this year isn't blowing me away as well. Something was just bothering me about their programs.

They need a coach who can make them reach their potential; I doubt it's already reached but technically, they didn't seem to have made any progress during the 2008-2009 to 2009-2010 season.
    I don't think it's the artistry they have problems with but the technique and I hope they find someone who can bring their technique to match their artistry.

On a side note, who does Zazoui have left to coach now? Are the Germans still with them? There aren't any elite skaters left, are there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    On a side note, who does Zazoui have left to coach now? Are the Germans still with them? There aren't any elite skaters left, are there?
    Carron/Jones

and in junior
    Brown / Bott
    Zahorski / Miart
    plus partly Papadakis / Cizeron
    all 3 couples barely missed the qualification for the JGPF and have ambitions for Jr Wolrd

vCash
    Ugh! Saccharin-laden schmaltz! It's so cutesy-cutesy and sickeningly sweet it makes my teeth ache just watching it. The music choices alone are and
    It's a retro themed program that is supposed to imitate traditional ballroom dancing.

You might not like that music but it works very well with the idea they've chosen.

And how many dances have you seen in recent years with so many closed holds?

vCash

They are keeping the SD?

I'm OK with the SD, although Doris Day is a bit much, but I wish Anna did not have that strange skirt with the life of its own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    Carron/Jones

and in junior
    Brown / Bott
    Zahorski / Miart
    plus partly Papadakis / Cizeron
    all 3 couples barely missed the qualification for the JGPF and have ambitions for Jr Wolrd
    Right. Forgot about Carron/Jones...
    That's not a lot though, given how many couples there were during times of Marina and Gwendal.

Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Did politicking for Carron / Jones get annoying for C/L, do you suppose? C/J are about the same level at Worlds as C/L. Not everyone enjoys having that close competition at their training rink. OTOH, D&W and V&M seemed to thrive on it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast