Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mongolian Figure Skating News ;)

I've been checking all competition results for the last several years and I've never yet seen any figure skaters from Mongolia yet.

Mongolia is an ISU member and has speed skaters, though.

Just noticed that Maral-Erdene Gansukh is going to compete at 2011 Asian Games. Is it there first time ever for Mongolia or does anyone remember other Mongolian skaters?

Banned Member
    vCash
    probably...

vCash
    Cool! Maybe there were Mongolian skaters before at the Asian Games, but I've never seen any at Four Continents or Junior Worlds or JGP (where obscure Asian skaters usually show up first).

vCash
    I can think of some 394805389459 ex-USSR male skaters with 230984209384 american female skaters who could represent Mongolia in ice dance, now that Azerbaijan became less of an option....

vCash
    Here are the results of the 2010 Mongolian Nats:

Ladies:

1. Batsukh Namuuju
    2. Erenetuya Oyunchuluu

Men:

1. Ochirbat Nyamsambu
    2. Batsukh Bayarkhuu
    3. Munkh-Erdene Shinetur
    4. Turbat Zorigbadrakh

2008 Ladies Jr. Champion:

Chinbat Naranchagaa
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Thanks so much Nomad and Eislauffan.

Where did you get that from? The ISU communication with Nationals results?

I've been looking through it each year but didn't remember Mongolian names on it.

So they do have skaters! I wonder why they aren't getting sent anywhere.

North Korea - I can understand. Political reasons and money.

Maybe in case of Mongolia it's money too?

vCash
    Ziggy, www.planete-patinage.com does a good job of tracking skaters from small federations, including incorporating results from the ISU communications and results from minor international competitions. Judging by the interactive Mongolia page, where there is no additional information beyond what Nomad mentioned, I think it likely that the Mongolian Federation has never before sent its skaters to international competitions.

vCash
    Maybe they were waiting to get skaters who could land double axels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    Ziggy, www.planete-patinage.com does a good job of tracking skaters from small federations, including incorporating results from the ISU communications and results from minor international competitions. Judging by the interactive Mongolia page, where there is no additional information beyond what Nomad mentioned, I think it likely that the Mongolian Federation has never before sent its skaters to international competitions.
    Yes, only information I have about figure skating in Mongolia came from the ISU Communications.

I'm not sure there was a national championship for 2008 and 2009, but Chinbat Naranchagaa is listed as the number one (and only) of the national results. After searching her name on google I have found a "blog" on her, saying that she lives in USA and take part to some US local competitions.

For 2010, it seems that's a national championship. Gansukh is not listed but she's only 14 years old (according to her bio on the AWG site)

So, probably a new figure skating country

vCash
    Great to hear, hopefully their skaters start competing at other international events soon.

vCash
    Nirti's site (Planète Patinage) is pretty damned impressive. I refer to it often.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    nirti, I didn't know you were the webmaster for Planète Patinage! It's my favorite website for finding out about OAS and OES.

vCash
    Thanks

Yes it's my website
    Maybe should I make more advertising for my website on my profile here, but I don't know how. ^^

To continue about central Asian figure skating, on the participant list of the Nestle Cup in january, there was some skaters from "KGZ". I think it's Kirghizstan, but the skaters were withdrawn before the start. Usually, skaters from non-ISU countries doesn't have the right to participate at ISU events. But I've found informations that there is a skating rink in Bishkek (the Kirghizstan main city), and the country were sometimes considered as the "richest" of the USSR-Central Asian countries, so... why not the 65th ISU member? ^^

vCash
    Click on the "UserCP" link near the top of the page, then click "Edit Your Details" in the column on the left, then type in the URL in the "Home Page URL" box, and then click "Save Changes."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirti View Post
    To continue about central Asian figure skating, on the participant list of the Nestle Cup in january, there was some skaters from "KGZ". I think it's Kirghizstan, but the skaters were withdrawn before the start. Usually, skaters from non-ISU countries doesn't have the right to participate at ISU events. But I've found informations that there is a skating rink in Bishkek (the Kirghizstan main city), and the country were sometimes considered as the "richest" of the USSR-Central Asian countries, so... why not the 65th ISU member? ^^
    Yes, hopefully Kirghizstan is going to join the ISU soon. I thought it was a member already.

Click on the "UserCP" link near the top of the page, then click "Edit Your Details" in the column on the left, then type in the URL in the "Home Page URL" box, and then click "Save Changes."
    If you're a supporter, you can also put the link in your signature.

I didn't know about your website before but being an obscure skater fan, I'm certainly gonna start visiting it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nirti View Post
    So, probably a new figure skating country
    When I lived there in 1999-1996 there wasn't even an ice rink. Funny to think of Mongolians as figure skaters but why not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    I can think of some 394805389459 ex-USSR male skaters with 230984209384 american female skaters who could represent Mongolia in ice dance
    Could you list them here?

vCash
    Yes, I've already made that (But with the "former" URL of my website, I've changed it), but it's only possible to see it by click on my profile...

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy
    If you're a supporter, you can also put the link in your signature.

I didn't know about your website before but being an obscure skater fan, I'm certainly gonna start visiting it now.
    Oops, I'm not a "supporter". ^^
    Hehe yes, my website is especially made for "obscure" figure skating More I find a link to an "incredible" competition (like by example the Icelandic Nats ^^), more I'm happy

For the kirghiz lady, his name is Nadin KHROMYKH. She earn 14.75 points in the short program in novice category, with 2S<+2T<< and 2Lo<< (but with 1A). But she withdrew for the free program... (http://www.axeltorun.pl/mentor-gam-n...uk-cup/results).

On "silver" category, Vanessa ALDEKOVA finished 10th (with 2Lo, 2F, 2S, 2T), Aleksandra NESTEROVA 14th and Mariia PANKOVA 23th.
    And on "bronze" category, Nataliia SEMENOVA finished last. Idem for Danil SVETLICHNYI on the boys field.

So, with a team like this, there is quite no doubt that Kirghizstan has now an ice rink...

vCash
    Oh so they definitely must be an ISU member if they did compete after all. I didn't remember all the results.

Nice! More skaters!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    God, the announcers at worlds would really struggle with their names. How the hell do you pronounce "Erenetuya Oyunchuluu"?

I remember in 2009, one of them attributed Miki Ando to Canada, and that was on a good day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast