Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhang & Zhang

34 36.56%
  • Sui & Han

59 63.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I am thinking more and more likely Sui & Han are now the #2 Chinese pair even if the Zhangs do return. Though Sui & Han are not eligible for Worlds this year I expect they will win their next head to head meeting with the Zhangs.

vCash
    SH still too young for the worlds, so I suppose they would compete world junior next year.ZZ still the #2 chinese pair.they have got 2 good progarams this season ,but they haven't got chance to show that. I wish they could go to worlds .

vCash
    As soon as Han hits pueberty, she will need a new partner. I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't see P/T a lock for the silver (or higher) at worlds.

As long as the Zhangs keep doing well, I don't see why they should retire. I would rather watch them than B/L.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    As soon as Han hits pueberty, she will need a new partner. I hope they enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't see P/T a lock for the silver (or higher) at worlds.

As long as the Zhangs keep doing well, I don't see why they should retire. I would rather watch them than B/L.
    The only team that could knock Pang & Tong any lower than silver at Worlds is Kavaguti & Smirnov. Certainly not the Zhangs if that is what you were thinking. And the Zhangs arent doing well anymore. They were 5th at last years Worlds with 2 totally clean programs, the only pair to do so.

vCash
    I wouldn't bet against any of the Chinese pairs from making comebacks if they're physically capable. They've all shown incredible grit and perseverance in the past. Also, there's a reason why they stay together for 18 years and more. Most (if not all?) the Chinese skaters don't exactly come from the most fortunate circumstances in life and this is the only job they've been trained to do from childhood, whereas someone like Keauna McLaughlin still has access to an education and another career path if she wants them.

vCash
    As of today, any word on the Zhangs?

vCash
    It is funny how the votes in this poll have gone more heavily in favor of Sui & Han as the season has gone by.

Is there any Chinese person here who knows what is up with the Zhangs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    As of today, any word on the Zhangs?
    According to this September article :
    http://star.sports.cn/zdzh/news/dj/2...2/2066861.html

On Aug 24, when practicing a lift, Dan fell on Hao's right hand and he broke his mid finger. She was training on ice by herself for a while. It mentioned that the earliest competition they were hoping to attend was next month's Asian game.

No recent news though.

vCash
    Recently, Hao Zhang has become better. And he begins to train, but when to compete is not decided

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoyao View Post
    Recently, Hao Zhang has become better. And he begins to train, but when to compete is not decided
    That's great! I wish him the best!

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how the Zhangs fare at Worlds this year if they can compete.

vCash
    The way China pushes S/H reminds me of the Zhangs back in 2004 . So I kind of feel pity for them .
    The young couple is more technically advanced than P/T or Z/Z, but it is still a bright example of what Chinese pairs are at the beginning. I see nothing but tricks and a huge area to improve.
    Surely, S/H are the 2nd couple by now. No matter how good Z/Z will be after their comeback - their number in the team is #3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    The way China pushes S/H reminds me of the Zhangs back in 2004 . So I kind of feel pity for them .
    The young couple is more technically advanced than P/T or Z/Z, but it is still a bright example of what Chinese pairs are at the beginning. I see nothing but tricks and a huge area to improve.
    Surely, S/H are the 2nd couple by now. No matter how good Z/Z will be after their comeback - their number in the team is #3.
    I totally disagree. S/H have much more natural performance ability and "it" factor than S/Z or Z/Z or P/T at this stage in their careers. S/H are so expressive and cute, even if they are not especially polished or smooth. And the Chinese federation is definitely not "pushing" them like they were pushing Z/Z. They are quite the stepchildren of Chinese pairs skating, not being Yao Bin's students nor on the national team (Yao Bin is not just a celebrated coach, but also the head of pairs skating within the Chinese federation). They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad. It is hardly because they are getting "pushed" that they are getting good scores from the judges or placements at competitions. It's more like they are doing so despite not getting much support back home at all!

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I totally disagree. S/H have much more natural performance ability and "it" factor than S/Z or Z/Z or P/T at this stage in their careers. S/H are so expressive and cute, even if they are not especially polished or smooth. And the Chinese federation is definitely not "pushing" them like they were pushing Z/Z. They are quite the stepchildren of Chinese pairs skating, not being Yao Bin's students nor on the national team (Yao Bin is not just a celebrated coach, but also the head of pairs skating within the Chinese federation). They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad. It is hardly because they are getting "pushed" that they are getting good scores from the judges or placements at competitions. It's more like they are doing so despite not getting much support back home at all!
    emmm。。。。。。。。
    I dont know how to say .......

now , the national team not only in BEIJING
    ------------------------------------------------

They don't have the funding for expensive choreographers or costumes, nor the opportunity to go to training camps abroad.
    ---------------------------
    YAO is kind and a great coach
    He and Luanbo(S/H'coach) were partners many years ago.Yao/Luan are the first Chinese pairs on international contest.
    S/H are train in Harbin,but they are also on nation team.
    LUAN has many potential student now .(DING/REN who can throw 4s in gp 5 or 6years ago are her studens too ).

Luan and her students training in harbin skating base. the national give them funds just as Yao.

YAO and his students training in beijng _the old national base.
    And China will build a new skating base in ningbo (a southern city in China)

----------------------------------------------
    P/T & S/H will take part in Asian Winter Games .
    S/H were succeed to throw 4s in The National Championship .

Well, my english is still not good,i hope you can understand what i say
    Last edited by 93ning; 01-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12