93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhang & Zhang

34 36.56%
  • Sui & Han

59 63.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Chinese #2 pair this season

Who do you believe will be the Chinese #2 pair this season behind Pang & Tong.

vCash
    I don't believe Sui is eligible to compete as a senior. In any case, if the Zhangs are healthy, I don't think Sui/Han can overtake them...yet. Her jumps are a bit weak and a lot of aspects of their skating are still very juniorish.

vCash
    The pairs field is so weak this year. It is good to see so many young teams coming up but it will be awhile until it morphs into a strong field. Pang & Tong and Savchenko & Szolkowy are locks to go 1-2 at Worlds this year in one order or another, could probably both fall 3 times and still go 1-2 unless the top Russian pair returns in decent shape. Kavaguti & Smirnov are the only team that can challenge and beat those two times but she is always getting injured and they are always falling in big events, so we will see. Then after that there is pretty much....nothing, other than teams of the future, has beens, or pretenders. I guess this is a year of transition in all events though like many post Olympics years ever. Except for the dance which pretty much has everyone who didnt retire before last years Worlds back.
    Last edited by judgejudy27; 11-03-2010 at 06:32 AM.

vCash
    Sui is too young for 4CC or Worlds. Male Zhang is injured and they probably miss this season. So we'll problably end up at Worlds with Dong&Wu and Zhang&Wang

vCash
    I think Zhang/Zhang will remain #2, unless they are forced to retire due to injury, or Pang/Tong retire. Sui/Han are still too young to compete at worlds, but if they continue to progress, who knows what will happen.

So China will perhaps lose their 3rd spot at Worlds? (Not that they have 3 great teams to compete, as they used to)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Sui is too young for 4CC or Worlds. Male Zhang is injured and they probably miss this season. So we'll problably end up at Worlds with Dong&Wu and Zhang&Wang
    Exactly.

vCash
    Will Sui & Han be eligible for Worlds in 2012? I wouldnt be surprised to see the Zhangs not return at this point anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Will Sui & Han be eligible for Worlds in 2012? I wouldnt be surprised to see the Zhangs not return at this point anyway.
    Yes.

I'm praying Zhangs retire and Pang gets pregnant and they quit too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes.

I'm praying Zhangs retire and Pang gets pregnant and they quit too.
    Do you like Sui/Han? (or Shen/Zhao, I know you why you don't like Pang/Tong and Zhang/Zhang, and I can see why, particularly with lady Zhang )

vCash
    I can't imagine how you could not like Sui/Han.

They're not only technically very proficient but also skate to the music and have very complex programs with tons of transitions.

As for Shen/Zhao, I've said more than enough during the Olympic season.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Sui&Han are fab with their energy and excitement.
    But, of course, in the terms of technique, they should have been 4th today.
    Ok, make it 3rd - above P/T.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    After seeing SP of COC, Sui&Han may become Chinese #1.hahaha

vCash
    Sui and Han have a lot of potential, but are still really rough around the edges. Give them three years!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Sui and Han have a lot of potential, but are still really rough around the edges. Give them three years!
    The point with them is that because their programs are so damn busy, you don't notice the sloppiness, messiness and bad edges.

I really hope they are going to work on those issues.

On the other hand, you got Pang/Tong with weak basic skating and godawful lines, etc. after all these years.

And with no incentive to improve on any those aspects, as they are getting extremely high PCS anyhow.

vCash
    After watching Cup of China I think if Sui & Han can develop more consistently they will quickly pass the fading Zhangs as the #2 Chinese pair (if the Zhangs return at all that is). Without their mistakes they would have scored higher than the Zhangs are even capable of scoring at this point. Their PCS are still low but the Zhangs PCS last year were down at the bottom of the second tier teams so that isnt much of a problem vs them.

Protocal will keep Pang & Tong as the #1 Chinese pair for atleast 2 more seasons unless they continue to skate as poorly as they did at Cup of China or they retire as well.

vCash
    I believe S/H will be China's #1 by the end of this season. The babydoll can't be stopped!

vCash
    Honestly, I don't care about skating skills or maturity when it comes to comparing Sui and Han with the emotionless Zzzzzzzzzzzhangs. They are just downright boring, and they don't even attempt to interpret the music or make their programs stand out in any way. Sure, they have excellent technical elements, but as far as I'm concerned, that's all they've got.

I hope and pray that Sui and Han become China's #2 (or #1).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I believe S/H will be China's #1 by the end of this season. The babydoll can't be stopped!
    Not as long as Pang/Tong are getting 7s and 8s regardless of what they show on the ice.

vCash
    Why do I have a feeling Sui shouldn't be eligible for Championships for another 5 seasons?

They are so all-around sloppy and even more so than P&T and Z&Z that I don't think national and international judges will let them surpass the latter teams if all three are to be overscored on the same scale.

Kudos to P&T though, their SBS spins are now quite nice and they haven't missed a throw (even though they haven't landed a clean set of SBS jumps in free skates this season). Still, nice programs and I love watching them if not for how weak Pang looks on the ice.

vCash
    Post deleted
    Last edited by TID; 11-09-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast