Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Dammit! I wanted to hate the guy who had an affair with Rick's wife.

Damn you, non-black and white (morally) characters. *shakes fist*

vCash
    I found the finale to be very lame and cliche to what was a really great opening. It was a plot driven, not character driven, storyline, with a climax we've seen in every end of the world and action adventure movie/tv series ever made.

Place with everyone inside is rigged to explore and just minutes and in several cases, seconds, before it explodes, they all escape, with the exception of one or two valiant people that are required to die, and then they all watch the explosion happen and then drive away as the place burns.

I'm worried this is the direction they intend to go with all of Season 2, not just one or two episodes. I thought the Season deserved a much more innovative and interesting storyline than THAT.

vCash
    I agree. This episode should have been a nail biter, instead it was pretty flat.

vCash
    It started off so well! Now I'm back to hating what's his name. Why do none of the names of these characters stick with me? That can't be good.

The story of what went on in the lab as the apocalypse was unfolding was interesting. I wish we could've seen some footage or transmissions from other labs. And the brain scan I thought was very well done. More stuff like that.

And more zombies.

I still enjoyed the series.

vCash
    I do agree, the stuff in the beginning and middle of the episode was very interesting, I loved the lab scenes in particular.

I wish we were getting some flashbacks to what their lives were like as this was first unfolding, when it was just a problem, not the end of humanity.

I do like that we were told that this was worldwide and not just confined to Atlanta or the U.S.A.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCirque View Post
    I found the finale to be very lame and cliche to what was a really great opening. It was a plot driven, not character driven, storyline, with a climax we've seen in every end of the world and action adventure movie/tv series ever made.

Place with everyone inside is rigged to explore and just minutes and in several cases, seconds, before it explodes, they all escape, with the exception of one or two valiant people that are required to die, and then they all watch the explosion happen and then drive away as the place burns.

I'm worried this is the direction they intend to go with all of Season 2, not just one or two episodes. I thought the Season deserved a much more innovative and interesting storyline than THAT.
    Just my guess, but I think this is why they fired the writing staff. The last two episodes reeked of sci-fi B-movie cliche.

Monochrome green computer terminal with font nobody uses but the movies? Check.
    Semi-sentient voice activated central computer? Check.
    Whole place is rigged to explode, complete with countdown timer? Check.
    Cursory knowledge of science that places the adrenal glands in the brain and has people shooting bullets into MRI/PET scanning machines? Check.

This was the most they've ever tried to explain the apocalypse ever, Kirkman deliberately tries to avoid the how/why of everything...partly in due to the whole impossibility of the situation. As for the CDC,

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    The problem, to me, is there's too much character development at the moment, and that's not why I watch zombie movies.

...Now I'm back to hating what's his name. Why do none of the names of these characters stick with me? That can't be good.
    It's hard to keep track of characters in the comic as well. Some characters have the same name (Kirkman's rationale is that in some names are common enough that they're bound to come across someone with the same name). Further adding to the confusion is the constant turnover of the cast - as of right now, only a few of the original Atlanta survivors are still alive - and most of them have changed physically and/or psychologically for the worse.

As for the TV series, I think other things are happening as well - I'm speculating some actors have contracts for x amount of episodes, and that's extending the lifespan of their characters.

Spoiler

is supposed to be long dead. I'm surprised at how long they have lasted - there even was a time

Spoiler

that was almost exactly like the scene where they die.

Spoiler

never happened.

Spoiler

is being portrayed in a much, much, better light in the series than how they were in the comic.

Spoiler

was never in the comic.

Spoiler

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Walking Dead ratings for season #1 finale episode:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...gs-record.html

The Walking Dead episode #6 overview: What did Jenner whisper to Rick?
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...r-to-rick.html

vCash
    I think Jenner told Rick about his wife and Shane. That would make for an interesting 2nd season.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Congrats to "The Walking Dead" for getting a Golden Globe nomination for best drama!!!!

Best Television Series (Drama):
    "Boardwalk Empire"
    "Dexter"
    "The Good Wife"
    "Mad Men"
    "The Walking Dead"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think Jenner told Rick about his wife and Shane. That would make for an interesting 2nd season.
    I agree. I think she's pregnant and he saw that on her blood test.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I haven't watched the show at all but just finished reading Compendium 1 of the comic (issues 1-48). All I can say is WOW. Interesting to see the places where the show fills out or just departs from the comic, I wonder if it's on Hulu?

Big Spoilers (probably things that won't even happen in S2 of the show) for those who've only watched the show:

Spoiler

Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234