Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Love the attitude positions in Carolina's sprials. So, she's injured. That explains a lot. Her skating is very refined. Glad she did as well as she did here. Agree she's had better costumes, this was meh.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i guess caro won by default, murakami screwed the pooch and rachel had downgrades
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Come on Michael. Caro's spirals are mediocre at best. I'll give her the footwork, but the spirals?
    I think she getting better with her positions, but what I really appreciate is the speed and depth of edges she achieves on the spirals.

vCash
    Despite the program being a complete implosion, I really enjoyed Murakami's skating. Very energetic, and lots of speed. I've never seen her before.

But man that's a lot of sparkle on her costume!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    I think she getting better with her positions, but what I really appreciate is the speed and depth of edges she achieves on the spirals.
    Definitely, and the clean line and extension of her free leg are beautiful. So tired of seeing spirals in which the skater puts all her energy into getting the free leg as high as possible (no matter how and ugly it looks.)

vCash
    So glad they didn't show more of Mao than they did. Here's hoping this is just a temporary setback.

OMG, Caroline Zhang, the puberty monster didn't just arrive, it ran her over. I realize she certainly isn't fat in any manner, but she looked horribly bottom heavy in that dress and her facial expression just said "I don't want to be here." I really wonder if she even wants to do this anymore.

Ashley: What a hot mess. Even this early in the season, there's no excuse for that many two-foots. She has a LOT of work to do.

Murakami: Lots of promise there - amazing speed. But I swear, did her designer accidentally sew two different dresses together by mistake.

Caro K: Actually this is one of the rare times I've actually enjoyed her skating. Instead of barreling all over the ice like a gangly pony, her injury forced her to slow it down a little.

Rachael: I like this program, it shows promise and her expression has certainly improved. Love the hair, and I actually thought the dress was nice. Interestingly for all those who think she has a "heavy" look to her, she's a sylph compared to Zhang now.

Watching Davis and White now, like it, don't love it at this point - seems a little labored. Do love her dress. Maybe a little color in Charlie's "mafioso" suit???
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Oh my. I thought my laptop had good resolution, but the it doesn't do justice to color.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Will Michael talk about his quad?

vCash
    I adore Meryl & Charlie's tango. They transcend the fact that every other person in all 4 disciplines is doing tango this year. I especially like the fact that the last half of the dance is almost all in closed position. It's a real dance. And those spins--incredible!

4 More Years
    vCash
    This kid is impressive, definitely a juniorish quality to his skating, but the jumps are great.

eta his costume is awful

vCash
    Yeah, Hanyu showed a lot of moxie and control for a 15-year-old. And what jumps! And not just the jumps, his basic skating between the jumps looked good too. He will be fun to watch (hopefully) develop his artistry and maturity.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I love Florent's exhibition
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I'd like Amodio's program more if he didn't come to a full stop so often.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    And there's the hug and kiss in the KnC. Morozov manages to get his hands on his skaters no matter what.

vCash
    Ok, sue me. I'll admit I enjoyed Amodio. And yes, I'm shocked myself.

Doesn't hurt that I just saw Kristoffer's version of MJ at SC.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    commercial for 12/11 show in Atlantic City starring Kristi, Paul, Sasha, I forget who else

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    And there's the hug and kiss in the KnC. Morozov manages to get his hands on his skaters no matter what.
    clearly, Chris Hanson doesnt watch skating

vCash
    Poor Shawn. Love him to death but now that we have seen what the other guys are doing (at Skate Canada) I fear his competitive days are numbered. Glad NBC chose to show him despite his final placement.

vCash
    Watching Shawn on one TV and Czisny at Skate Canada on the other - hmm not sure who is more bendy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Poor Shawn. Love him to death but now that we have seen what the other guys are doing (at Skate Canada) I fear his competitive days are numbered. Glad NBC chose to show him despite his final placement.
    I am too. I enjoyed his program.

God help me, I also enjoyed Amodio's much more than I thought I would considering the comments I've been reading. But I prefer the Amodio of last year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast