Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    "Little" bit of a choppy landing???? I do love Tara as a commentator, who would have thought it? And having Terry back in the booth really makes this the beginning of the season, yeah!

  2. #22
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    Kanako's dress looks like 3 mashed into one.

  3. #23
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,210
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42135
    Is this Mao's heir apparent?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  4. #24
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    Kanako's dress looks like 3 mashed into one.
    why make a decision when you can sew them all together?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    Kanako's dress looks like 3 mashed into one.
    Still, this dress and hairstyle are far superior to the hot mess she was sporting in her SP.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Murakami's costume is worthy of Tarasova. My eyes are bleeding! Great skating, though.

  7. #27
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvilledancer View Post
    "Little" bit of a choppy landing???? I do love Tara as a commentator, who would have thought it? And having Terry back in the booth really makes this the beginning of the season, yeah!
    Agreed, and Michael Weiss isn't doing too badly either.

  8. #28
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    If Mao Asada is her idol, maybe that explains the dress.

    ETA, too bad about the jumps because that is a nice program otherwise.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,447
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I disagree. Why must I be subjected to Tara. Once her Hollywood career went up in smoke she ran back to the skating world.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I actually find Michael Weiss' personal reflections illuminating. Also, I'm predisposed to think well of him, hearing what a great guy he is (from someone touring on SOI, and his scholarship foundation).

  11. #31
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    Caro's dress has a ton of illusion and it is all bunchy at the neck like an old lady's knee highs
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  12. #32
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,210
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42135
    Kostner normally has great dresses, but that looks like a bad mummy wrap.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What's wrong with Tara? Her commentary is informative and she understands COP.

  14. #34
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvilledancer View Post
    What's wrong with Tara? Her commentary is informative and she understands COP.
    this is nitpicky but there is something like a cross of grainess and nasaliness that irks me

    also, this telecast hasnt been bad but often I find she talks too much about herself
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  15. #35
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    I see Carolina's skirt is once more attached backwards.

  16. #36
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    I didnt realize Caro won this w/o a flip or a lutz. While her footwork and edges make me all swoony, was her SP lead that high to make up for her jump content? it isnt as if the jumps she has completed were all perfect.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  17. #37
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,210
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42135
    Come on Michael. Caro's spirals are mediocre at best. I'll give her the footwork, but the spirals?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    I think this might be a really nice program if it had decent jumps and a dress that didn't hurt my eyes.

  19. #39
    snarking for AZE
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    katbert greenhouse
    Posts
    30,164
    vCash
    2068
    Rep Power
    50005
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Come on Michael. Caro's spirals are mediocre at best. I'll give her the footwork, but the spirals?
    you are looking at the free leg, look at the edge on the leg that is on the ice, it is really deep and nice
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm a bit behind on my DVR so I'm just now watching Flatt. She looks fantastic, and the program is actually engaging. I'm impressed!

    They barely showed Caroline Zhang, but what they showed didn't look good- she looks out of shape...

    Wagner looked in shape, but didn't skate like she was- she looked exhausted. Or maybe just defeated... Korpi also looked exhausted during her footwork. Guess "training" hasn't really hit for any of them yet... guess you really don't want to peak too early, but it seems like in non-olympic years GP and GPF would be more important.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •