vCash

Skate Canada- I missed Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison

All the other teams were great but it was missing something.. I love watching those two..Anyone else feel the same?

vCash
    I just hope that Bryce will heal well and fully recover before stepping back on the ice. They have the worst luck when it comes to injuries.

vCash
    Nope...I thoroughly enjoyed the other Canadian pairs, MT/M were spectacular. Loved the Russians and the Americans, too.

Wishing Bryce a speedy recovery, though.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    MT/M are nice but I think D/D have best connection...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allyx82 View Post
    All the other teams were great but it was missing something.. I love watching those two..Anyone else feel the same?
    Well, the field was surely weakened without them. I could see why people would miss them, yes. None of the pairs in this event really showed great connection... not that I think D&D always do either, but they are better than the other Canadian teams in this department, I think. Hopefully he recovers well from his injury.

vCash
    Not really. I feel sorry for him getting injured, that is hard when you do all the work to prepare for a season and see it go up in smoke with an injury. However I think their best days are behind them and I have found them generic and not much fun to watch of late. I enjoyed watching the teams there, it was great to see the younger talent emerging, and I enjoyed the Canadian teams more than I have enjoyed Dube & Davison for awhile. This event would have been theirs to win had they been in it but with their inconsistency of late there is a very good shot they would have made enough mistakes to not win it anyway.

vCash
    I missed them - they were one of the few skaters/teams I was truly interested in seeing this GP season, especially after V&M pulled out of SC due to her injury. D&D have always and will always be among my favourites, despite all the haters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Nope...I thoroughly enjoyed the other Canadian pairs, MT/M were spectacular. Loved the Russians and the Americans, too.

Wishing Bryce a speedy recovery, though.
    This.

vCash
    I kinda forgot they were missing for a moment.

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch were fab; easily my new favorite Canadian pairs team. That opening sequence of 3Twist into 3T-hop-2A was out of this world.

vCash
    I was totally missing D/D as they were the seeded team at SC. I'm trying to justify them using the same LP in a row, so having the least amount of exposure to this program is good for me.

That said, I hope that Davison has a speedy recovery and gets back into top shape for nats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I kinda forgot they were missing for a moment.

Moore-Towers/Moscovitch were fab; easily my new favorite Canadian pairs team. That opening sequence of 3Twist into 3T-hop-2A was out of this world.
    Maybe this sequence will work out better for them than last season's insanity- 3S into 2A, and throw 3sal right into 3T. It wasn't pretty. And this year, I still think they are a little insane But it worked for them this weekend. Very interesting sequence.

vCash
    Moore-Towers and Moscovitch were awesome....gonna be interesting to see how they do at nationals, especially taking in consideration D/D's inconsistency. I was disappointed with D/R, they're very different skaters and they're still missing the special connection.

vCash
    I missed D&D. I was looking forward to seeing how their skating had progressed since they started working with Doug Ladret. They sounded so upbeat about it in their interview from the high performance camp. I was also struck by how much fun the skaters were having in the gala practice yesterday, in contrast to last year when everone just seemed so blasé. It would have been really nice for D&D to be there too, and just let loose and have some fun.

That being said, I was thrilled with the performance of our younger teams who did a great job filling the void. Best of luck to them in their upcoming competitions.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography