Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    cant we just say we miss g/g terribly for ages and are waiting for the next coming?
    Yes! They were just so special...perfect combination of technical excellence and exquisite artistry. so strange to think that the 15-year anniversary of Sergei's death is coming up on Nov 20th.

and I can't wait for you to see the exhibition. It is very cute with clever use of a prop. I think we get to see more of Nodari's personality in this piece, and Lubov, as always, just shines. That smile of hers just lights up the arena.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    cant we just say we miss g/g terribly for ages and are waiting for the next coming?
    Yes, that's the point ! lol
    I wouldn't forget Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze neither because they were quite a perfect (except some inconsistencies) combination of G&G's elegance, speed and power, and Moskvina's pairs creativity starting with Mitschuteniov & Dmitriev.

We miss you, these 3 pairs who brought pair skating to another dreamy level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    Please share, I didn't see it.
    She speaks English quite poorly and was grasping for words during the interview. . .but she was committed and tried very hard - she came across as very gutsy and was quite delightful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyF View Post
    Who does their choreography? I didn't see their SP, but their LP was kind of a mess, to me. I couldn't decide if it was their lack of polish in the program or the choreo, but I felt the choreo had very little connection with the music and really didn't work for me. Apart from THAT, I think they have tons of potential. Lovely lines, inventive lifts, smooth.
    Yes.

SP is extremely complex, full of transitions and with lots of character. They were seriously undermarked on the PCS for it.

FS on the other hand, is indeed very empty. Maybe it's because they are known to bomb (well she is) and the coach didn't want to overburden them with choreography on top of them having to jump?

But yes, I wish they got a new FS or at least improved this one.

They were always a strong team let down by Iliushechkina's inability to land jumps in competition. Hopefully she is going to become more consistent this season.

vCash
    Their SP was so refreshing that made me actually happy for pairs skating and I haven't been for years.
    I loved them back in 2008/09 and last year was a disappointment but hopefully their problems and especially her problems with jumps are over.Their speed was great too, they have a lot of character and I much prefer them to many top pairs right now.Russian Nationals is going to be one very exciting competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    They were always a strong team let down by Iliushechkina's inability to land jumps in competition. Hopefully she is going to become more consistent this season.
    They couldn't have been that much let down considering that they were 2nd at junior worlds in 2008 , 1st at junior worlds at 2009 and 1st at JGP Final. Anyone who reads what you wrote above could get the impression that they never got any results to speak of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    They couldn't have been that much let down considering that they were 2nd at junior worlds in 2008 , 1st at junior worlds at 2009 and 1st at JGP Final. Anyone who reads what you wrote above could get the impression that they never got any results to speak of.
    I am not denying that they have strong results but throughout their career, her making mistakes on the SBS jumps has been a regular issue.

The competitions you mentioned:

2009 Junior Worlds - she fell on the sbs 3toe in the FS, troubles on 2lutz in SP
    2009 JGP Final - her sbs jumps were clean
    2008 Junior Worlds - she fell on the 2axel in the FS

In each of those 3 events, there was at least one fall/major error on the throw jumps too.

vCash
    To be fair, she is 3 years younger than him. Some skaters need time for things to settle. Plus you have to add the puberty she was probably going through around that time. I always thought that in pairs it must be tough for the girls to be a few years younger but still expected to match their skills to their partners. With the younger pairs most of the times it is the girl who is not managing the jumps yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    To be fair, she is 3 years younger than him. Some skaters need time for things to settle. Plus you have to add the puberty she was probably going through around that time. I always thought that in pairs it must be tough for the girls to be a few years younger but still expected to match their skills to their partners. With the younger pairs most of the times it is the girl who is not managing the jumps yet.
    I agree, Lubov is only 19 and very inexperienced in Sr competition. Jumping is generally harder for girls than guys anyway. Really, next to none of the pairs have shown absolute consistency on SBS jumps. And while Lubov has been quite inconsistent, I feel like she never used to land ANY clean jumps ever, and now she's landing some. That's all you can ask for, I feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yes.

SP is extremely complex, full of transitions and with lots of character. They were seriously undermarked on the PCS for it.

FS on the other hand, is indeed very empty. Maybe it's because they are known to bomb (well she is) and the coach didn't want to overburden them with choreography on top of them having to jump?

But yes, I wish they got a new FS or at least improved this one.

I actually like the FS. And I also think their choreography was more difficult than M/T Love Story and that landed them Bronze at Europeans and 4th at Worlds. Could have been higher if they had skated that simple program cleanly.

vCash
    And I also think their choreography was more difficult than M/T Love Story and that landed them Bronze at Europeans and 4th at Worlds. Could have been higher if they had skated that simple program cleanly.
    M/T's "Love Story" FS must be the most empty Pairs program I have ever seen from a team at the highest level, so not a very good comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    I agree, Lubov is only 19 and very inexperienced in Sr competition. Jumping is generally harder for girls than guys anyway. Really, next to none of the pairs have shown absolute consistency on SBS jumps. And while Lubov has been quite inconsistent, I feel like she never used to land ANY clean jumps ever, and now she's landing some. That's all you can ask for, I feel.
    Lobov may be the more inconsistent one in the pair, but I actually feel she is the better skater and performer, when she's "on".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Lobov may be the more inconsistent one in the pair, but I actually feel she is the better skater and performer, when she's "on".
    Absolutely. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I agree, I would rather watch her than him. For a pair that is not a good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I agree, I would rather watch her than him. For a pair that is not a good sign.
    Why is it not?

As I mentioned before - I think he's underrated. Lubov is obviously the more extroverted part of the pair, but he presents her well, is a good skater and always lands his jumps. I think he has the potential for expression that can be tapped into, but hasn't been developed yet.

vCash
    I like this exhibition. It is from three years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEpjoJFGEAU

vCash
    I actually like the FS. And I also think their choreography was more difficult than M/T Love Story and that landed them Bronze at Europeans and 4th at Worlds. Could have been higher if they had skated that simple program cleanly.
    totally agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
    Yes, that's the point ! lol
    I wouldn't forget Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze neither because they were quite a perfect (except some inconsistencies) combination of G&G's elegance, speed and power, and Moskvina's pairs creativity starting with Mitschuteniov & Dmitriev.

We miss you, these 3 pairs who brought pair skating to another dreamy level.
    ITA. Those three pairs were truly special. Last 4 years have been empty for me. I hope I&M can fill the void.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Why is it not?
    Because its pairs skating not two single skater on the ice a the same time, faded into the back ground until it's time to life her. He has great jumps and I'm sure he's great at other things I just don't watch him because she has much more energy and presence. So I when I find myself drawn to one skater over another...I get worried.

As I mentioned before - I think he's underrated. Lubov is obviously the more extroverted part of the pair, but he presents her well, is a good skater and always lands his jumps. I think he has the potential for expression that can be tapped into, but hasn't been developed yet.
    I'm sure he's underrated and it is fixable.

vCash
    They have become my favorite Russian team now. Russia is back, especially in Pairs. Her perkiness on the ice reminds me of Katia G.

I can't wait to see V/T. I saw these videos and I was like... huge potential.

Tatiana Volosozhar - Maxim Trankov SP

Tatiana Volosozhar - Maxim Trankov LP
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast