24 18.90%
  • Making it back to top 3-4 at Nationals, but not on a World team

38 29.92%
  • will never make it back to top 3-4 at Nationals again

45 35.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Caroline Zhang's career high point will be

I was actually impressed with some of Caroline Zhangs's improvements in her first GP outing even though she still has a way to go to regain better placings in competition. Long term I think some of them could pay off for her. What do you think her career high mark will end up being if you were to project now, especialy seeing as that she is now doing to work to fix her jump technique.

vCash
    World Team, top 10.

Considering her improvements, she can do well at Nationals, enough to be in the top 3, if others don't do well. JMHO

vCash
    Well I was gonna say "having dinner with query5" but that's not an option...
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    World Team, top 10.

Considering her improvements, she can do well at Nationals, enough to be in the top 3, if others don't do well. JMHO
    Based on Nagasu's and Flatt's combined placements in Torino, Zhang will have to win gold or silver at nationals to make the world team this year.

vCash
    I really like her skating but I think it's going to be hard for her to make the top 3-4 at nationals. There are still so many things she needs to fix and what made her great is fading.

Her improvement of the flip though shows it is possible for her to overcome though so I hope I'm wrong and hope she's does great.

vCash
    It's odd that Olympic medal lower than gold is not an option.
    Anyway, I think her high point is in the future, not the past. I voted World gold.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    No, it isn't. It's just ridiculous that Olympic medal higher than silver IS an option.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Well I was gonna say "having dinner with query5" but that's not an option...
    You took my answer! I'm sure Zhang has no other fan quite like query5/fairly4.

vCash
    Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics. (I Know, we can argue that Zhang might have bombed, yadda yadda, but compared to Czisny, Zhang was 10000x more consistent in 09 than Czisny ever was.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics. (I Know, we can argue that Zhang might have bombed, yadda yadda, but compared to Czisny, Zhang was 10000x more consistent in 09 than Czisny ever was.)
    The US entered LA Worlds with 2 spots based on the 2008 Worlds results and they left the LA Worlds with 2 spots. Czisny didn't lose anything that was not already lost. Zhang may have fared the same or even worse in LA . . . you just never know. Worlds pressure is not the same as 4CC or Grand Prix event pressure. Skaters rise and fall from one event to the next.

vCash
    I don't mean this as an insult, because it was a great accomplishment ... but I think that Caroline's "career high point" will be winning the Junior Worlds, a couple of years back.

IMO, this rates higher than making any of the bottom three selections. Certainly better than being an also-ran at USNs, and, yes, even better than making a [Senior] Worlds team and finishing 6-10 (which I believe is a decent possibility).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Ugh what bothers me most was that she should have been on that world team in 2009, but the judges decided to be retards and put an inconsistent Czisny on the team. And guess what, we lost our 3 spots to the Olympics.
    I will always believe Rachael and Caroline could have gotten our 3 spots back for Worlds and Olympics. But there is one thing I am not sure of. Could Rachael, Mirai and Ashley have RETAINED our 3 spots? Ashley would have to have 2 great skates, but I guess it's possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    The US entered LA Worlds with 2 spots based on the 2008 Worlds results and they left the LA Worlds with 2 spots. Czisny didn't lose anything that was not already lost. Zhang may have fared the same or even worse in LA . . . you just never know. Worlds pressure is not the same as 4CC or Grand Prix event pressure. Skaters rise and fall from one event to the next.
    Yeah, that's true, but just given Caroline's track record, she peaks late in the season. Even more, it didn't take much for Alissa to place at least 8th in LA (which would have given us our three spots back). All she needed was to land ONE MORE TRIPLE. Ugh, she fell twice in the short and then double a toe in the long. I mean really? Caroline was consistently landing at least 6 triples late that year in the LP.

And as far as everyone was concerned, the point of Worlds in 09 was to gain back our 3 spots, which Czisny didn't help at all.

vCash
    too musketter and ozzie

i am justj pointing out the prejudices which you obviously and dumb and blind to the point .
    you obvousily hate zhang and obvouisly mean to demean her and can't stand when jpeople defend her.
    personally the way you are talking which talked last two years is her career was over with since 2008 when they started to nail her and let the others go.
    see agznes ast skate canada--overlook her 2nd triple triple and ur.
    they obvously counted. and cynthia overlooked her urs,
    they skated slow and labored but you only notice the mistakes of your enemies
    i was telling everyone c zhangs career has been over for the past two years. only i didn't do it quietly, loudly and got nailed by you guys.
    i am no FAN Of Cheating, lyting , and whatever your sport inspires which obviously you skaters, and fans are fan of lying and cheating, and want it to continue and worse you think you can fool the american public with that garbarge.
    i wonder if skating with the celebirities will be all white.

vCash
    as in case of the ridiculous poll.
    if you didn't know her career was already over, why post such as nasty thing.
    if you even thought she had a chance why even question it.
    because you know you did your part in hurting her chances, career and character at the same time you build up, rachels, mirai, ashley, alissa, and now agnes,
    you think gao is going to better no, i think her ethnicity will hurt.
    becuase you want it to be and "all white:" club, and all rich club going back to the days of it being "royality sport".
    you haven't and will not change, even you fans approve.
    i dissapprove.

vCash
    Yeah, I obviously spend my time "hating" someone I don't even know. Caroline Zhang is my "enemy"? Just because I'm not a fan of her skating doesn't mean that I'm out to destroy her character or that I've drawn battle lines against her and will combat her at any moment. I sincerely hope she finds everything she wants in her life to be happy. I reiterate, how could meeting you not be a/the high point in Zhang's life? It would be a high point in mine. I find you hilarious, albeit off your rocker, but it's fun times had by all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Based on Nagasu's and Flatt's combined placements in Torino, Zhang will have to win gold or silver at nationals to make the world team this year.
    Oh yes ! you're right !
    So, I don't think she'll make the World team this season, and anyway, I prefer Nagasu and Flatt !

vCash
    One great thing for her is how young she is. She could be competing another 8 seasons. I do think she could win a World medal someday and make an Olympic team and finish in the top 5. She is capable of atleast a Suguri like career in the end IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Anyway, I think her high point is in the future, not the past. I voted World gold.
    You are right, I should have had that as a poll option just under World gold and over World medal.

vCash
    I don't know why people blame Alissa for the 2 spots at the Olympics and just assume Caroline would have been a better option. You just never know what will happen. The way Mirai and Rachel skated at nationals and the Olympics, I was almost certain that they would get us the three spots back for this year. And...uh...no. Remember Ashley Wagner was supposed to be the savior of the B team sent to worlds in 2008 and ended up placing behind both Bebe and Kimmie? FAIL. So while I agree that Caroline probably could have placed 8th...its just too hard to say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast