Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Best US Senior Lady other than Mirai Nagasu

I think almost everyone can agree that Mirai is the best senior lady from US but who do you think is better: Rachel Flatt, Caroline Zhang, or Ashley Wagner?
    Explain please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    I think almost everyone can agree that Mirai is the best senior lady from US but who do you think is better: Rachel Flatt, Caroline Zhang, or Ashley Wagner?
    Explain please
    Why don't we wait until the GP series, and then we'll have a much better informed opinion?

vCash
    I think almost everyone can agree that Mirai is the best senior lady from US
    I'm not so sure everyone on here agrees about that... (PB...)

but who do you think is better: Rachel Flatt, Caroline Zhang, or Ashley Wagner? Explain please
    None of the above.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Ashley Wagner is the 2nd best skater but that is potential only, I suppose. She has a habit of mistakes in the SP and occasionally has dealt with UR issues. She has everything over Flatt, IMO, other than consistency. Zhang, just no way, not even close to either of those.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Kwan.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Nancy Kwan

vCash
    None. Rachel Flatt has zero artistry, her build makes all movement look heavy and forced, and her programs are cheesy. She has no wow factor of any kind.

Knowing the fact that Caroline Zhang is a brat automatically makes me hate her skating, but even if I didn't know that she's very sloppy and looks like she's not enjoying herself at all, so I wouldn't enjoy watching her either. Her jump technique is one of the worst.

Ashley Wagner- I know her name but never seen her skate. Which is weird because I've watched Nationals the past few years, so she really much not be fun to watch. I probably used her as a bathroom break.

Mirai is it. We don't need another.

vCash
    The best U.S. lady is Alisoline Flatwagasu.

Actually, I don't think we have a definitive top lady right now. I think I've seen 5 or 6 opinions on the subject. Nearly every lady has her supporters. We might possibly have a top lady after this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
    Knowing the fact that Caroline Zhang is a brat automatically makes me hate her skating, but even if I didn't know that she's very sloppy and looks like she's not enjoying herself at all, so I wouldn't enjoy watching her either. Her jump technique is one of the worst.
    You know this for a fact? The CoP has a component score for brattiness now?

vCash
    Mirai would probably be considered #1 US lady just based on her successes in two huge comps - 2010 Olympics and 2010 Worlds, as well as her talent.

Flatt would be #2 based on her results since 2008, when she won the LP at US Nats then won Jr. Worlds, was the highest US finisher at '09 Worlds and won the '10 Nats Sr. title.

However, if you were to rate them by talent only, Ashley would probably be #2.

I won't rank the newcomers like Gao or Zawadzki yet. They still have to prove themselves and show me more on the ice. Besides, they haven't really beaten the above 3 in any major competition.

Caroline Zhang? Definitely not to be considered right now because of her slump. She occassionally gets the big scores and there are a few 'wow' moments to her skating but she really needs to fix her technique and regularly compete with and beat Nagasu, Flatt, and Wagner

vCash
    Knowing the fact that Caroline Zhang is a brat automatically makes me hate her skating,
    There was a report out of the Golden West event in Culver City. The brat volunteered her time to work the bake sale.

vCash
    I love Ashley Wagner wish her best upcoming GP series!
    I think she can pull out #1 US lady!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookingood View Post
    I love Ashley Wagner wish her best upcoming GP series!
    I think she can pull out #1 US lady!
    Go Ashley!

vCash
    Ashley, no question. Agnes Z should be making it near the top this season, too.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash

Ashley Wagner- I know her name but never seen her skate.
    I probably used her as a bathroom break.

Mirai is it. We don't need another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ashley, no question.
    We are in such disagreement here. I am hoping the question will be settled this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ashley, no question. Agnes Z should be making it near the top this season, too.
    But Agnes Z is so unproven at this point in the Senior ranks. I watched her skate courtesy of Youtube. Everything looks really good, but I didn't see a WOW factor that would automatically place her / leapfrog into the running as US #1 or #2 in the coming year....

vCash
    Christina Gao

I know, I know, I know....she's young and unproven on the senior ranks. But I just get a good vibe about her. I think she's the next meal ticket for the US ladiezzz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    But Agnes Z is so unproven at this point in the Senior ranks. r....
    "IT" Factor needs no proving. You're either born with it or you are not. Did you not see Agnes when she won Jr Worlds silver or Jr Nats? She totally perkolates. AND she has the long lines, which don't hurt, but personality is more important than looks.

Ashley Wagner is tailor-made for Madison Avenue in every respect - looks and sassy oomph in how she sells everything. When I attended last year's Kaleidoscope benefit in DC, I could not help but notice during the finale, when all skaters were together, two women naturally commanded our attention even while simply standing and posing: Dorothy Hamill and Ashley Wagner. (Eyes are a part of it, no doubt.) Even greats in attendance like Yamaguchi and Kerrigan were barely noticeable in the group number, IMO. That's the "IT" factor.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I think the current pecking order is something like:

Nagasu
    Flatt
    Wagner
    Gao and Zawadzki
    Zhang and Czisny
    The rest

Of course this will change as the GP season begins. Nagasu making the GP Final will certainly cement her status as the best US lady and favorite for the US title. But as we've seen in the past with Czisny and Wagner, making the GP Final doesn't mean squat if you don't deliver at Nationals.

I still think the 2 World spots will be between Nagasu, Flatt, or Wagner.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Mirai Nagasu, while pleasing to watch when she's "on", has not definitively established herself as U.S. lady #1. Results wise, she and Rachael Flatt are on pretty equal ground. I personally find Ashley Wagner more captivating to watch than any of the other current U.S. ladies. She has choreography, transitions, and speed that rival the world's best! If she ever gets her jump technique problems and SP consistency resolved, look out!

My personal ranking (not based on results, but on impression):
    1. Wagner
    2. Nagasu
    3. Czisny

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast