vCash

Faux Fur from Hood Advice

Hi All,

I know this is going to sound pretty stupid but I am seeking advice anyways... I have the HBC 2010 Winter Park (Team Canada) and there was the Faux Fur on the hood, well the faux fur on the hood acidentally got put through the laundry and it came out really clumped and just really blah on the one end.

I just wet it down this morning and been putting a fine tipped comb to get most of the clumps out but I dunno what else to do...

What would you suggest I do? Anyone know where I could buy a replacement to put onto the jacket?

Thanks,

Kyle
    Kyle

vCash

vCash
    I've had better luck with a pick than a comb. Get an afro pick or a teasing comb and see how it looks.

Most fabric stores carry the fur trims. Also, check out the post Halloween sales at the costume shops. Many will sell an item for less than you'd have to pay for the trim. I've yet to find a reliable online fabric store, so I'd recommend checking out the one nearest you. (btw, general cr*p fabric stores like JoAnn don't usually carry this type of specialty trim)
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I tried the Yahoo site and Im going to leave it overnight and hopefully that will do the trick!
    Kyle

vCash
    Sadly it didn't work with the conditioner either that or I didn't do it right... I really don't know what to do anymore, maybe my mom can fix it, I'm going to try a custom fabric store in the city here and see what they can't find.
    Kyle

vCash
    I know this is a long shot, but try calling the company. You may be able to get a replacement piece. Probably not, but it can't hurt to try.

Have you tried a blow dryer on a low setting?

vCash
    it was an HBC Team Canada 2010 Olympic Parka so they aren't in stock anymore sadly.

Blow Dryer not yet, there are a bunch fabric stores here I am going to try
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    it was an HBC Team Canada 2010 Olympic Parka so they aren't in stock anymore sadly.
    But, the company may make the same style hood for other parkas. They may have a fur strip that fits your jacket. As I said, it's a long shot, but I'd call them. Worst thing that happens is they say no, but....maybe, if the stars are aligned just right .

vCash
    It's project runway time. Start sketching right now. You'll have 15 minutes to shop in Mood. Make it work!

having a nice day
    vCash
    Did you put it thru the dryer? I am NOT saying to do that!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Hi All,

I know this is going to sound pretty stupid but I am seeking advice anyways... I have the HBC 2010 Winter Park (Team Canada) and there was the Faux Fur on the hood, well the faux fur on the hood acidentally got put through the laundry and it came out really clumped and just really blah on the one end.

Did the jacket go through the dryer as well? If so, then it's possible that the faux fur was heat damaged, in which case, you cannot fix it. You would need to replace the faux fur trim. Others have given you advice on where you may be able to find appropriate trim.
    Use Yah Blinkah!