Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Each to his own, but I wouldn't want a partner who divided their time between two different disciplines.
    Yeah I could see that being an issue. With Champs Camp and multiple international assignments for singles, Dobbs is away for several days at a time. Then there's the whole fatigue factor. That could be frustrating for a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    He was injured for a while in the summer (I read about that while she was at Champs Camp). Maybe he just decided that he was tired of it.
    Wasn't he in a car accident? I think that was a reason given why they were struggling so much in Indy... Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from that. That rough outing prevented them from getting an international assignment. On top of that, Jacobsen hasn't ever had a side by side triple and Dobbs is quite tall for pairs... Maybe he received a good offer to do show skating that was just too hard to turn down. It's unfortunate to see, but they could always re-team if he wanted to compete again some day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Wasn't he in a car accident? I think that was a reason given why they were struggling so much in Indy...
    Here's the link to an article in late August that mentions Jacobsen's car accident in June that was posted in the Champs Camp thread in GSD.

vCash
    Also, I see this as a plus for Amanda. She's really very talented, and this will give her more time to focus on singles (instead of dividing her time/attention between two disciplines) and really propel herself forward as a singles skater.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12