Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 150
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    After TEB's SP, how about Imai? She looks to be relatively consistent though her PCS is the lowest of the top Japanese ladies (apart from Fumie, whom I'm not sure I consider "top", anymore...)
    She's still eligible for Junior Worlds, and Japan has 3 spots for ladies this season. If she is sent along with Risa Shoji, between the two of them they would have a good shot at winning the title or at least a medal. The junior ladies in Japan aren't the strongest right now apart from Risa, so I tend to think Haurka will go to Junior Worlds, they could really use her there.

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    430
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Now after TEB, Takahiko would appear to be moving out of the "#3 Japanese Man" slot

  3. #123
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,138
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ....and moving into the #1?

    I think Hanyu will be hard pressed to make it this year. Kanako, however, has a very good chance.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love the Worlds team criteria. In other words: "We're going to send whom the hell we please."

    If Mao continues to skate like she does now, it really would be idiotic to send her, unless it's something to do with sponsors. Although would the sponsors really be happy with her skating like an obscure Polish Novice skater?

    I want Murakami, Suzuki and Imai on the team but obviously that's dreamland territory.

    As for Imai's PCS, she deserves higher but she's not yet "famous enough." :/

  5. #125
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    430
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I love the Worlds team criteria. In other words: "We're going to send whom the hell we please."

    If Mao continues to skate like she does now, it really would be idiotic to send her, unless it's something to do with sponsors. Although would the sponsors really be happy with her skating like an obscure Polish Novice skater?

    I want Murakami, Suzuki and Imai on the team but obviously that's dreamland territory.

    As for Imai's PCS, she deserves higher but she's not yet "famous enough." :/
    I want Murakami, Suzuki, and Imai on the team too! But Ando's almost definitely in now... Yeah, definitely Imai deserves PCS that isn't lower than Fumie, for heavens' sake. That's definitely reputation right there.

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,208
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Watching Fumie skate is coma inducing these days. Imai to get lower PCS than her is ridiculous.

  7. #127
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    I want Murakami, Suzuki, and Imai on the team too! But Ando's almost definitely in now... Yeah, definitely Imai deserves PCS that isn't lower than Fumie, for heavens' sake. That's definitely reputation right there.
    I agree, but her FS was a bit of a mess today and her juniorish spins and presentation really became obvious. I still love Haruka and think she has a lot of potential but Kanako is definitely heavy edge to her now in the eyes of the international judges, regarding PCS anyway. Haruka had a near-clean FS at SC and only scored 102, and again the PCS were a bit stingy even though she skated well. I find her more impressive in the SP, her program is more sophisticated and mature and due to the fewer jumps and spins she never seems frantic like she sometimes does in the LP.

    At this point, Mao is a big question mark and I'd assume Miki is a near-lock. She's put up the highest total score on the GP this season and she earned that at COR where she didn't skate her best and was injured so as of now it looks like she has a decent shot at winning another world title, or at least another medal.

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    IMAI will be sent to Jr Worlds. It's practically impossible for her to crack the top 4 at (seniority and political considerations ruled) Nationals. 4CC may not be available for the 5th or lower places. There are Asian Winter Games in this season, but no official SB or WS points are granted. She has no other choice to secure the next season's GP spot. Murakami will be the 3rd or the 4th at Nationals and sent to 4CC. If Asada finished below Murakami, there would be the final battle between them. Fuji TV and the sponsors will welcome that.

    My prediction
    Worlds - Ando, Suzuki, Asada
    Four Continents - Suzuki, Asada, Murakami
    Jr Worlds - Imai, Shoji, and one of Nishino, Oba, Tomotaki

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    IMAI will be sent to Jr Worlds. It's practically impossible for her to crack the top 4 at (seniority and political considerations ruled) Nationals. 4CC may not be available for the 5th or lower places. There are Asian Winter Games in this season, but no official SB or WS points are granted. She has no other choice to secure the next season's GP spot. Murakami will be the 3rd or the 4th at Nationals and sent to 4CC. If Asada finished below Murakami, there would be the final battle between them. Fuji TV and the sponsors will welcome that.

    My prediction
    Worlds - Ando, Suzuki, Asada
    Four Continents - Suzuki, Asada, Murakami
    Jr Worlds - Imai, Shoji, and one of Nishino, Oba, Tomotaki
    I agree about Haruka, they need her at Junior Worlds and though I would love her to compete at senior Worlds, I just don't see her getting sent over Akiko, Miki, Mao, or Kanako. She will likely finish 5th at nationals and go to Jr. Worlds and maybe 4CC as well.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=Ziggy;2966198]

    I love the Worlds team criteria. In other words: "We're going to send whom the hell we please."

    If Mao continues to skate like she does now, it really would be idiotic to send her, unless it's something to do with sponsors. Although would the sponsors really be happy with her skating like an obscure Polish Novice skater?
    [QUOTE]


    I heard one of Mao's endorsement contract was recently canceled due to her unsatisfying GP results.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    340
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I love the Worlds team criteria. In other words: "We're going to send whom the hell we please."

    If Mao continues to skate like she does now, it really would be idiotic to send her, unless it's something to do with sponsors. Although would the sponsors really be happy with her skating like an obscure Polish Novice skater?
    I heard one of Mao's endorsement contracts was recently canceled due to her unsatisfying GP results.

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Japan doesnt need Mao for the world right now, as both Ando and Suzuki can easily secure 3 spots. But if Kim is dead serious about return for World in Tokyo, JSF will defeinitely make sure Mao is on the team. And frankly at this stage, Mao chances of defending her title or even getting on the podium is next to nothing. In ladies, if you miss more than 3 jumps you are out of the podium and even top 5.

    Ando cracked 120, and if she skated clean and even better, she can score over 125+. Both Kanako and Suzuki can crack 120 with clean program and their PCS will go up a bit due to being world championship and home town advantage.

    At this stage, looks like Mao is pushing herself too hard and its a shame because her LP is simply divine.

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3933
    They better not replace Suzuki, she's my fav, that's all I care about!

    If Suzuki skates well, I'd hate to see her left off the team to give a youngster more experience.

    If Mao skates half decent at Nats, she'll be going to Worlds, I have no doubt about it. If she bombs, I think she'll be fine with staying home, like she said, she's purposefully taking a step back to relearn some jumps.

    I think only Murakami has a shot at going to Worlds.
    Imai needs to work on PCS. Alot. A whole lot.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    806
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    They better not replace Suzuki, she's my fav, that's all I care about!

    If Suzuki skates well, I'd hate to see her left off the team to give a youngster more experience.

    If Mao skates half decent at Nats, she'll be going to Worlds, I have no doubt about it. If she bombs, I think she'll be fine with staying home, like she said, she's purposefully taking a step back to relearn some jumps.

    I think only Murakami has a shot at going to Worlds.
    Hanyu needs to work on PCS. Alot. A whole lot.
    He has a lot of potential though. I feel his passion when he skates, which is something I don't often feel when watching Oda or Kozuka. He's only a teenager so he has a lot of time to work on his side to work his way up. But when he does, the other guys better watch out!

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3933
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    He has a lot of potential though. I feel his passion when he skates, which is something I don't often feel when watching Oda or Kozuka. He's only a teenager so he has a lot of time to work on his side to work his way up. But when he does, the other guys better watch out!
    Sorry, I meant Imai, and have edited my post. I agree, Hanyu is well on his way to greater things! (maybe just not this year)

  16. #136
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Mao is the only hope for Japan to win the gold medal in ladies competition (I don't think there is someone else who can beat Yuna) , but if she doesn't have her great shape before 4CC I don't see the reason to send her for Worlds. There are skaters who deserve it more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I want Murakami, Suzuki and Imai on the team but obviously that's dreamland territory.

    As for Imai's PCS, she deserves higher but she's not yet "famous enough." :/
    I agree about PCS for Imai, but... world team without Ando? Are you serious?

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Imai is very expressive and skates to the music. Judges need to work on marking her higher.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extranjera View Post
    I agree about PCS for Imai, but... world team without Ando? Are you serious?
    Anybody but that lifeless drone, please. I know her place on the team is pretty much a lock but I can dream.

  18. #138

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33872
    I think Imai skates completely though the music and her arms need major work.

    But she has tons of potential, but she's not there yet.

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    430
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I think Imai skates completely though the music and her arms need major work.

    But she has tons of potential, but she's not there yet.
    Her SP: good. I really like it, she's expressive and it's a overall solid program. She does flail a little bit too much, but nowhere close to last year's SP.

    Her LP: bad. The music goes by so fast that after her first jump wasn't too good, she spent the rest of the time chasing the music that left her. She didn't get any credit on the spiral because she didn't hold it long enough, I think. Then, at the end she finished the spin way, way after the music. Has Polovetsian Dances really worked for any singles skater? I remember Ashley Wagner was really rushed (even more than usual) last year in her LP too.

  20. #140

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the K/N void
    Posts
    2,408
    vCash
    892
    Rep Power
    1843
    Based on Seasons Best scores including recently completed JPN Junior Nats (usually top 4-5 gets senior Nats invite)
    1. 174.47 Miki Ando
    2. 172.74 Akiko Suzuki
    3. 164.93 Kanako Murakami
    4. 158.42 Risa Shoji (JPN Jnr 1st)
    5. 154.54 Haruka Imai
    6. 148.02 Mao Asada
    7. 147.28 Kako Tomotaki (JPN Jr 2nd)
    8. 144.21 Miyabi Ohba (JPN Jr 3rd)
    9. 140.22 Satoko Miyahara (JPN Jr 4th)
    10. 138.18 Fumie Suguri
    Even accounting for Jr Nationals inflation, addtional element should add perhaps just under 2points to Jr skaters doing sr program. Tomotaki will overtake Mao.
    If this were the final standings at JPN Sr Nationals, JSF will probably have skate-off at 4CC with Murakami, Imai and Mao.
    Last edited by Tak; 12-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •