Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't think Ando will be trying 4salchow again, I don't think she even practiced it much - if at all - last season.

Although with the rules changes, maybe she resumed it again.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I must bookmark this thread so I can bring it up when 2011 Worlds comes round.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I must bookmark this thread so I can bring it up when 2011 Worlds comes round.
    You should totally revive it once Suguri, Suzuki, Imai, Machida, Takahashi and Mura end up making the Worlds team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I'm not sold on Murakami yet, but Ando will definitely get a spot.
    1. 4S<
    2. 3Lz-3L<
    3. Back loading of 5 jumping passes
    IMO, Asada doesn't stand a chance.
    Why do you keep bringing up the 4S?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    And yet they let Lepisto on the podium.
    She was pretty lackluster all season. She only seemed good because the other top skaters were struggling quite a bit. Once the others got their form back by Olympics, Miki was overshadowed again. Anyways, she might get on the podium, but I don't think she's going to win barring a meltdown from others.
    That was because Miki bombed the SP, she beat Lepisto by 7 points in the FS.

I'm not so sure about this. With Joannie likely not there, Yuna competing for the 1st time this season, only one of Akiko or Murakami and 2 Americans there, if Mao is still imploding, it looks like Ando or Kostner have a good shot at the title, and Miki's chances are improved even more if Laura and Carolina are still being hampered by injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    That was because Miki bombed the SP, she beat Lepisto by 7 points in the FS.

I'm not so sure about this. With Joannie likely not there, Yuna competing for the 1st time this season, only one of Akiko or Murakami and 2 Americans there, if Mao is still imploding, it looks like Ando or Kostner have a good shot at the title, and Miki's chances are improved even more if Laura and Carolina are still being hampered by injuries.
    Well isn't that the same as everyone either being absent or having a meltdown? Even if Yuna's not her best, I still she has to screw up pretty bad for either Ando or Kostner to get the title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up the 4S?

I'd be thrilled to see Miki bring back the quad salchow. Her attempt at 2008 GPF under the current rules for downgrades would have still have given the attempt more credit than a 3lutz! If Miki can even do a cheated quad then it would be like having an extra 3lutz in her program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I'd be thrilled to see Miki bring back the quad salchow. Her attempt at 2008 GPF under the current rules for downgrades would have still have given the attempt more credit than a 3lutz! If Miki can even do a cheated quad then it would be like having an extra 3lutz in her program.
    I think it's too risky.

vCash
    Don't downgrades need to have negative GOE now (unlike in the past season when judges were not told whether a jump was downgraded or not)? So in effect, a cheated salchow might not completely be beneficial.

vCash
    Well isn't that the same as everyone either being absent or having a meltdown? Even if Yuna's not her best, I still she has to screw up pretty bad for either Ando or Kostner to get the title.
    Maybe...I'll say this, I think Miki has a great chance to MEDAL at Worlds this season, Kostner too if she's doing 3f and 3lz by then. Gold maybe isn't so likely for either, but a medal definitely. I feel like Suzuki doesn't really have a great shot at even winning a medal.

vCash
    I think Kanako will have a chance to go to world, but only if JSF decide not to sent Mao(if is not likely to happen).

For Hanyu with his underscore PSC, he will not be able to make world team.

Machida might have a chance , but I still think JSF is going to let him wait for another year, regradless of his performance.

Let hope the one with best performance will be sent to world not the one with higher seniority or reputation.
    Last edited by justAfsfan; 10-30-2010 at 04:21 AM.

vCash
    After all the hype about her I was very disappointed when I saw Suzuki last season. I think she is good but nothing really special. I certainly don't see her as being anywhere near certain to make the world team, and personally I'd like to see someone else make it.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    After all the hype about her I was very disappointed when I saw Suzuki last season. I think she is good but nothing really special. I certainly don't see her as being anywhere near certain to make the world team, and personally I'd like to see someone else make it.
    Agreed. She is overrated. People just like the underdog story. At her best she is just solid and at her worst she can be a disaester.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    What I'm wondering is if Asada tanks again at her next GP event and does the same at Nationals, what will the JPN federation do? Could it be like 2005 when Fumie had to defeat Yoshie at 4CC for a spot on the World team? What that would be!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    What I'm wondering is if Asada tanks again at her next GP event and does the same at Nationals, what will the JPN federation do? Could it be like 2005 when Fumie had to defeat Yoshie at 4CC for a spot on the World team? What that would be!
    Why are you even entertaining such gloomy thoughts?

vCash
    Well so we now know that Oda will most likely make the team. He seems to be in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Don't downgrades need to have negative GOE now (unlike in the past season when judges were not told whether a jump was downgraded or not)? So in effect, a cheated salchow might not completely be beneficial.
    Assuming she rotates more than 3.5, count this:

0.7 x 4S base value - 3 (-4 if she falls)

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    She can skate to the music, which is very special as far as Ladies are concerned.

Why are you even entertaining such gloomy thoughts?
    Because at current stage, it's very likely to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Because at current stage, it's very likely to happen.
    Let's just wait and see. I do remember similar speculation taking place last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well so we now know that Oda will most likely make the team. He seems to be in great shape.
    Just because he had one decent competition where he still lost to a 4 fall Patrick Chan? Oda is always in great shape physically, mentally is another matter. He actually usually looks better than he did at Skate Canada at this point in the season and goes down from here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Just because he had one decent competition where he still lost to a 4 fall Patrick Chan? Oda is always in great shape physically, mentally is another matter. He actually usually looks better than he did at Skate Canada at this point in the season and goes down from here.
    Kozuka surely loses to 5 falls PChan. Since last season, Oda has scored higher than Kozuka's Seasons Best at every competition except one (Torino worlds).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Kozuka surely loses to 5 falls PChan. Since last season, Oda has scored higher than Kozuka's Seasons Best at every competition except one (Torino worlds).
    If past history is any indication Oda is losing to 4 fall Chan while skating alot better than he will in January since his skating is always better in October than in January.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast