Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    lowtherlore ITA. I tend to think Mao and Miki will be there, especially if Miki is skating well this season.

vCash
    We have already seen Miki land 2axel+3toe at Japan Open this season and she looks to be attempting 3z+3l again based off exhibition performances of her SP. With the current state of ladies unless Kim or Rochette go to Worlds then really Ando is once again a favorite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    ....With the current state of ladies unless Kim or Rochette go to Worlds then really Ando is once again a favorite.
    I agree. Jumps alone, I think Ando is fundamentally better than Asada. She always was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    IMO Mao doesn’t have intention to carry on with substantial overhaul of her jumping techniques, at least for now. It was obvious after watching her jumps at NHK. In that context, I think she has reasonable chance to regain her old mediocre form in time for Worlds. Whether it would be good for her in the long run, or whether Sato would be happy with that, is another matter.
    Lol, I am always amazed at your "insight" into what the Japanese skaters thinks and how the JSF works.

For men, IMO Takahashi is the only sure thing. As for Hanyu, a teen MALE figure skater is not exactly manga-theme friendly, and they could afford giving him another year or two

vCash
    I agree. Jumps alone, I think Ando is fundamentally better than Asada. She always was.
    Me too. Especially since she's worked a lot on her flexibility and spins recently, they are now up to snuff with the rest of the top ladies (not amazing, but not bad like in her earlier years). Plus she was pretty consistent with her jumps all last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Me too. Especially since she's worked a lot on her flexibility and spins recently, they are now up to snuff with the rest of the top ladies (not amazing, but not bad like in her earlier years). Plus she was pretty consistent with her jumps all last season.
    She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt. And she did get dinged with underrotations. The new rules give her more points for that but the judges also seem to be more willing to give out calls. The judges will reward her only if the other top skaters don't perform up to par. Mirai has more of a chance than Miki, if she's consistent.

vCash
    If she is training still which she reportedly is Rochette would be crazy to not show up for Worlds this year the way things are now. However I think Kim will be in pretty good shape for Worlds. I have no idea what to expect from Mao anymore. Mirai is a question mark at this point but I agree if she skates well she has a very good shot.

vCash
    ... she's worked a lot on her flexibility and spins recently, they are now up to snuff with the rest of the top ladies (not amazing, but not bad like in her earlier years). Plus she was pretty consistent with her jumps all last season.
    Yes her skating seems getting better overall. I think she can hold her own fine in any competition, if she stays in shape.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt.
    Ouch, but true. A Rachael Flatt with speed and power, and at times, nice footwork.

vCash
    No one's mentioned Fumie yet..

vCash
    Is she even there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ouch, but true. A Rachael Flatt with speed and power, and at times, nice footwork.
    Not to mention a beautiful face and sleek body build....because we all know that makes a difference whether we want to recognize it or not. Ando also tends to get pretty good PCS, certainly higher than Flatt's, and where World's is in Japan this season, I wouldn't be surprised if she was issued hometown bonus points.

vCash
    She was consistent but so lackluster. To a lesser extent, she shares the same problem as Flatt. And she did get dinged with underrotations. The new rules give her more points for that but the judges also seem to be more willing to give out calls. The judges will reward her only if the other top skaters don't perform up to par. Mirai has more of a chance than Miki, if she's consistent.
    The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though. She was lackluster at the GPF and Olympics but her FS at Worlds I thought was quite good.

vCash
    The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though. She was lackluster at the GPF and Olympics but her FS at Worlds I thought was quite good.
    And yet they let Lepisto on the podium.
    She was pretty lackluster all season. She only seemed good because the other top skaters were struggling quite a bit. Once the others got their form back by Olympics, Miki was overshadowed again. Anyways, she might get on the podium, but I don't think she's going to win barring a meltdown from others.

vCash
    The judges don't seem to have issues with letting Miki win competitions though.
    Sure, over Leonova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    No one's mentioned Fumie yet..
    Well nobody mentions Mira Leung either. They have about the same chance of making the World team for their respective countries this year.

vCash
    Murakami, maybe. Hanyu, no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You forgot to mention a Rachael Flatt with HUGE jumps too. Ando's jumps can really be spectacular when they are on. Don't think Ando was ever truly better than Mao. Mao has a special it quality with her gorgeous line and ability to listen to music than Miki has never had.

vCash
    And yet they let Lepisto on the podium.
    She was pretty lackluster all season. She only seemed good because the other top skaters were struggling quite a bit. Once the others got their form back by Olympics, Miki was overshadowed again. Anyways, she might get on the podium, but I don't think she's going to win barring a meltdown from others.
    Well unlike Ando, Lepisto has awesome basics and very well choreographed programs.

And Ando has.... uhmmm.... jumps. A great deal of which are underrotated to a smaller or larger extent.

Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Well nobody mentions Mira Leung either. They have about the same chance of making the World team for their respective countries this year.

So EVILLE but so true.

vCash
    I'm not sold on Murakami yet, but Ando will definitely get a spot.
    1. 4S<
    2. 3Lz-3L<
    3. Back loading of 5 jumping passes
    IMO, Asada doesn't stand a chance.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast