Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I think Imai skates completely though the music and her arms need major work.

But she has tons of potential, but she's not there yet.
    I like Imai but I actually think Risa Shoji will overshadow her soon, although due to her birthday (July 5, 1996) she won't be eligible for senior events until the 2012-2013 season. That being said I think a Junior Worlds team of Imai, Shoji and Tomatako could bring home very good results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I like Imai but I actually think Risa Shoji will overshadow her soon, although due to her birthday (July 5, 1996) she won't be eligible for senior events until the 2012-2013 season. That being said I think a Junior Worlds team of Imai, Shoji and Tomatako could bring home very good results.
    Risa's jump technique is less than solid. Gosh, so many of these Japanese girls are so talented but have less than solid technique, it's really unfortunate..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Risa's jump technique is less than solid. Gosh, so many of these Japanese girls are so talented but have less than solid technique, it's really unfortunate..
    Well, the American girls aren't much better off. The best technicians tend to be Russians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    Well, the American girls aren't much better off. The best technicians tend to be Russians.
    You're right. Though the Russians are lacking in packaging and non-jump refinement. Can't there be a combination?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    She has an awful flutz and some of her technique is iffy but at least she gets lot of height on her jumps, which bodes well for the future when she grows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    She has an awful flutz and some of her technique is iffy but at least she gets lot of height on her jumps, which bodes well for the future when she grows.
    Shoji's flutz is not awful. Actually her edges of both Lz and F are "flat" and that's why sometimes she receives "e" on both jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNKPRINCESS View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen some raggedy technique from Russian skaters as well.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Shoji's flutz is not awful. Actually her edges of both Lz and F are "flat" and that's why sometimes she receives "e" on both jumps.
    I didn't mean deep inside edge so much as just a swingy entrance to that jump in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen some raggedy technique from Russian skaters as well.
    ITA. Ksenia Doronina, anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    ITA. Ksenia Doronina, anyone?
    Or Anna Ovcharova. I love that girl dearly, and she is fantastic, but her jumps are very weird looking.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678