Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Not even sure. She doesn't have the glide of Carolina, and she is able to fall on almost every jump...
    Having seen Carolina implode at 2009 Worlds live, I'd say it's one of the worst performances in recent history at a major competition.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    SOI and shows seem to be her forte - no pressure to be perfect, so she can be free to be perfect.
    Plus she gets paid $$$ for both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Having seen Carolina implode at 2009 Worlds live, I'd say it's one of the worst performances in recent history at a major competition.
    I think Mao topped it at NHK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    SOI and shows seem to be her forte - no pressure to be perfect, so she can be free to be perfect.
    I've never seen her skate perfectly at SOI, and I've been every year she's toured with them. She's done a few nice doubles, but I think she's landed maybe one triple, and has spent more time being carried around than actually skating.

I was hoping she was competing this year, so I wouldn't have to suffer through another floppy performance at this year's SOI. At least Kurt is touring for the 25th anniversay, so that will be my saving grace.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I think Mao topped it at NHK.
    This year? I haven't seen it but will look for it. SP or LP?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    This year? I haven't seen it but will look for it. SP or LP?
    SP wasn't good, but FS was a disaster of epic (near Hubertian) proportions. NBC may wish that it weren't broadcasting the NHK ladies event this weekend.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    OK, just saw Mao LP from NHK. You know what, yes, jump-wise it was a disaster. But this is a truly lovely program with so much nice flow and transitions (oh if only she pointed her toes). So there is plenty to love in this program even with botched jumps. I really hope she gets it together. She also looked a bit thinner than usual so I wonder if that's a factor.

With Carolina, it was just one big and throughout. It was uncomfortable to watch with nothing else to enjoy in the program unless you are into speed skating.

from Speedy Death

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12