Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    17
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Is Sasha Cohen competing this season?

    Sasha is listed in the team envelopes but not on the Grand Prix?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,281
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think she plans to compete and I doubt we will see her compete again. It was a "race for the Olympics" that didn't work out as planned.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,720
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34207
    Too bad, she could have won NHK with ease.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It would of been nice to see her compete again. I saw her skate live at Riverdance On Ice and she looked and skated strong! Her jumps were solid, no bobbles or wonky landings. She seemed more confident. I've read that she has signed on to do all the SOI shows this season.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,644
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    I've read that she has signed on to do all the SOI shows this season.
    The 2010-11 U.S. Stars on Ice tour dates are posted in this thread:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=75288&page=2

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    It would of been nice to see her compete again. I saw her skate live at Riverdance On Ice and she looked and skated strong! Her jumps were solid, no bobbles or wonky landings. She seemed more confident. I've read that she has signed on to do all the SOI shows this season.
    I would love to see Sasha compete in either professional competitions or pro-ams. If there were any.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,667
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, she has a bye to Nationals. I don't know if she will use it.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I hope she competes again too her short last year was gorgeous, I was missing some of that creativity at NHk.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    7,157
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44806
    Did she get a bye to Nationals for her 4th place finish?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Did she get a bye to Nationals for her 4th place finish?
    Yes. The top-five competitors in the senior ranks, if I'm not mistaken, all receive byes to nationals. Sylvia can correct me on this but I also think that all the reigning Olympic medalists receive byes so Lysacek and Davis/White can compete in the next four nationals as long as they file their paperwork.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    813
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    SOI and shows seem to be her forte - no pressure to be perfect, so she can be free to be perfect.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,641
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm doubting it. She's doing SoI this year. Professional skating is her thing.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm also of the opinion that she wanted to go to Vancouver.

    I loved her short last year but wasn't crazy about her "Moonlight Sonata" program (what can I say? I think the most fun music to watch others skate to is music with unique orchestrations).

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Too bad, she could have won NHK with ease.
    I would love to see how she would do if she attempted a 5 triple program with no flip or lutz, and an SP with only sal and toe, but of course she never will.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,301
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I would like to see the crowd get excited like they got excited when she performed her short program at 2010 nationals.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Too bad, she could have won NHK with ease.
    Not even sure. She doesn't have the glide of Carolina, and she is able to fall on almost every jump...

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Not even sure. She doesn't have the glide of Carolina, and she is able to fall on almost every jump...
    Oh please. She can't even rotate a 2a....

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,469
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Why don't they ask if someone is going to compete before they put them on the team envelope? If someone is not going to compete, do they assign someone else to the team envelope.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,644
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by azskatefan View Post
    Yes. The top-five competitors in the senior ranks, if I'm not mistaken, all receive byes to nationals. Sylvia can correct me on this but I also think that all the reigning Olympic medalists receive byes so Lysacek and Davis/White can compete in the next four nationals as long as they file their paperwork.
    Correct. They would just have to register by the qualifying competition deadline of September 1st.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Why don't they ask if someone is going to compete before they put them on the team envelope? If someone is not going to compete, do they assign someone else to the team envelope.
    The team envelopes usually are published in May/June, and some skaters don't make a decision about competing until before or after the Sept. 1st qualifying comp. deadline.

    No one else is assigned if an envelope spot is vacated by a skater or team.

    AFAIK, neither Sasha Cohen nor USFS has made any official announcements re. whether or not she plans to compete in 2010-11.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,616
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    interesting thread.

    as much as i would sasha to come back, i think that she already accomplished a lot by skating at nationals last year. yes, she didn't make it to the olympics, but she showed a lot of class and determination. you could tell that the pewter medal genuinely meant something to her. and that's how i would like to remember sasha!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •