Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    After SC :
    Crone and Poirier FD : modern and soft. I like it !
    Patrick Chan SP : brilliant (jumps aside ! )

vCash
    I was disappointed with the music and choreography for Oda's LP. It was unmemorable. He's a much better skater than that and deserves something to showcase his qualities at their best.

I'm not crazy about the music and choreography for Rachael's SP and LP. The choreographer is trying to show that Rachael has a personality on the ice by incorporating these supposedly cutesy dance moves and gestures into the programs, but they look really forced.

vCash
    Both Abbott's SP and LP
    Shib's FD
    C/P's Eleanor Rigby (so good!!!)
    Chan's SP

Looking forward to seeing Mirai's programs.

vCash
    Despite the poor performance, I actually really enjoyed Patrick Chan's new short program. He seems more engaged and relates to the music. I love the choice of 'Take Five' for him. For all the trouble he had, I thought he sold the program fairly well. I look forward to seeing him skate it cleanly.

/unpopular opinion

vCash
    I still love Javier Fernández’s "Pirates of the Caribbean" Long Program and hope he skates the definitive version of it at Euros or Worlds this year.

As for his Short Program

I hope Tara Lipinski went up to him at Skate Canada and said, "Honey, you can do better than that! Why don't you find a nice North American choreographer and settle down?"

And I hope Michael Weiss went up to Nikolai Morozov, grabbed him by the lapels and said, "Are you mad?! Giving a Spanish skater a cheesy Russian cartoon soundtrack to skate to and putting all those pauses in a short program?! How dare you!"
    Last edited by Squibble; 11-02-2010 at 06:53 AM.

vCash
    I'm liking a number of dance programs that I've seen since NHK and SC and can't wait to see improvements. These include:

D/W SD & FD
    Shibutanis FD
    Crone & Poirer FD
    Kerr's FD
    Paul & Islam FD

For men, there haven't been too many that have impressed me. I love Jeremy Abbot's FP but I'm a bit disappointed with Takahashi's programs. I'm such a fan of his and his programs last year were so great that I guess he doesn't live up to my expectations. I should also add that I think Shawn Sawyer's Alice in Wonderland FP will become quite wonderful with time.

For ladies, I loved Carolina Kostner's FP. I also loved Murakami's SP.
    Last edited by TwizzlerS; 11-02-2010 at 05:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    I still love Javier Fernández’s "Pirates of the Caribbean" Long Program and hope he skates the definitive version of it at Euros or Worlds this year.
    I thought the ending felt odd. It was like he was confused about the choreography or something. Javier is a great jumper (except for the flutzing); He can go so much further with better programs than what he's paying Nicolai for.

vCash
    I have to add some names in my list after Sc:

Alissa LP: What a nice program, and I loved her costume.
    C/P FD: really nice progrma, very mature and i'm looking foward to see this by nationals.
    Kerrs FD: Also a really nice dance. I'm usually not a fan og this team but This program is nice.
    Rippon Sp and LP: amazing program. I hope he continues improving and skating with consistency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    After SC :
    Crone and Poirier FD : modern and soft. I like it !
    Patrick Chan SP : brilliant (jumps aside ! )

Crone and Poirer's programs were incredible; especially the FD and especially live! PC, I'd rather be PC and not reply

vCash
    After Cup of China, I'm adding a few more:

Bobrova/Soloviev SD
    Pechalat/Bourzat FD
    Faiella/Scali FD
    Verner LP
    Suzuki LP

I think Mirai's LP will eventually be really good, and maybe Leonova's too, but they didn't skate it to their top potential this time out.

I think I forgot to mention Crone and Poirier's FD the last time I posted, so yeah, that one too.

vCash
    I really like Joubert's SP and Verner's SP a lot. Their LPs have potential but I'm not sure how I feel about them just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I really like Joubert's SP and Verner's SP a lot. Their LPs have potential but I'm not sure how I feel about them just yet.
    I like those too. Joubert's mostly because it shows how much he tries to overcome his weaknesses and it is really pleasent to watch, I love his steps. And what can I say, I totally fell for Tomas's SP. It's so cute and lovely and he really does justice to the music. And he looks amazing in his outfit too

As for the FPs, I don't like Brian's at all and I don't see a lot of potential in it. It only proves to me his last year's FP was really awesome and unfairly judged as a poor copy of Yagudin by everyone. At least in that one I saw Brian's personality and soul. This one is so not him IMO and he really seems not to feel the music at all.
    And well, lets say I love everything Tomas does, so I like his FP too, although I guess I was expecting a bit more of a show in it. I guess he spoiled me with his Jackson ex before

vCash
    I love Alissa's NEW LP . The costume is so beatiful and the chore suits her very well. It so goog to see her in a fresh start.

My 2 favorit dance progrmas are P/B and C/P. Both very diferent programs but both beatiful. Natalie and Fabian's program have so many small things like hands and movments, and she is playing a the role of a blind girl. This is a very sweet program.

c/P have a powerfull program with beatifull lifts and nice movments, I love how they improve their skating this season.

vCash
    I really enjoyed Kanako Murakami's SP and Florent Amodio's FS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I really enjoyed Kanako Murakami's SP and Florent Amodio's FS.
    Too much mugging, gimmicky and two footed skating for me

I'm prejudiced, but I love Adam Rippon's programs. I think that the SP is a masterpiece!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I like those too. Joubert's mostly because it shows how much he tries to overcome his weaknesses and it is really pleasent to watch, I love his steps. And what can I say, I totally fell for Tomas's SP. It's so cute and lovely and he really does justice to the music. And he looks amazing in his outfit too

As for the FPs, I don't like Brian's at all and I don't see a lot of potential in it. It only proves to me his last year's FP was really awesome and unfairly judged as a poor copy of Yagudin by everyone. At least in that one I saw Brian's personality and soul. This one is so not him IMO and he really seems not to feel the music at all.
    And well, lets say I love everything Tomas does, so I like his FP too, although I guess I was expecting a bit more of a show in it. I guess he spoiled me with his Jackson ex before
    I'm adopting the wait and see approach with Joubert's FS. I really admire that he's trying something totally different, and I think if he changed his costume, fixed his spins, and tried to emote to the music more it could be really good. Yes, it is soft and classical but Joubert is powerful yet vulnerable, and I think if he can project that it could be a really strong program.

Well, he finally landed all his jumps, didn't pop any jumps to singles, and didn't leave out any combos so that just made me really excited! Yay, the new coaching situation seems to be working well. I'm sure once he gets used to performing consistently we will see him project more in his FP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Too much mugging, gimmicky and two footed skating for me

I'm prejudiced, but I love Adam Rippon's programs. I think that the SP is a masterpiece!
    Kanako? Florent? Both?

I enjoy Kanako's, it brings a lot of energy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burntBREAD View Post
    Kanako? Florent? Both?

I enjoy Kanako's, it brings a lot of energy
    About Amodio, it's pretty obvious : he moves his arms too much and is almost always on two feet.

vCash
    After CoC

Mirai FS
    Tomas FS
    Pechalat/Bourzat SD

vCash
    Others to add:

Moore-Towers and Moscovitch SP
    Sui and Han SP - so effing cute!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast