Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    [QUOTE=casken;2918211]Abbott's short and C&L CD sequence to "Que sera, sera" are the only things so far that I really like a lot.

Re: C&L -- Is it just me, or is anyone else shocked by the lift in which it appears that his hand is in direct contact with her, er, crotch? I could not believe what I was seeing. He did it again in the LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patzeez View Post
    Re: C&L -- Is it just me, or is anyone else shocked by the lift in which it appears that his hand is in direct contact with her, er, crotch? I could not believe what I was seeing. He did it again in the LP.
    Me. The first time in Nebelhorn I though: hey! hey! hey! where's exactly his hand? And the first rotational lift in the fd, his hand finish there too.

Well, I don't think this is the first time this happens, but Anna is very confident with Luca

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Pang and Tong are still skating? Are you for REAL??

vCash
    I thought D/W were going to skate to the storieline of Il Postino...that would be a great program for them, showing a romantic and mature look, They chose a very safe program.
    Safe? I think they are taking a big risk to do a program that is such a departure from their usual style, and especially one that does not show off their speed. I do agree that the FD seems to suffer from lack of a story, but maybe that wouldn't work so well when the music is taken from multiple, unrelated sources, anyway.

I was especially impressed with Abbott's free skate. I have sometimes found his programs to be too quiet and, frankly, boring, but this one was so elegant and so well choreographed that it really worked for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    Safe? I think they are taking a big risk to do a program that is such a departure from their usual style, and especially one that does not show off their speed. I do agree that the FD seems to suffer from lack of a story, but maybe that wouldn't work so well when the music is taken from multiple, unrelated sources, anyway.

I was especially impressed with Abbott's free skate. I have sometimes found his programs to be too quiet and, frankly, boring, but this one was so elegant and so well choreographed that it really worked for me.
    since when a tongo in figure skating is not safe? And its a very Igor choreograph..Their lifts are amazing but what else they are showing in that program: Beatiful tango lines? no...romantic conection..no...passion..maybe. I'm tired of Igor haha
    Last edited by L'amour; 10-26-2010 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    I'm tired of Igor haha
    Oh yes!!!!!

vCash
    I gave up on men since a couple years ago so I didn't watch.

In ice Dance: Shibutani & Shibutani: Along with their programs especially the SD, their skating don't impress me much. This team has a flow but needs better skating. Other than the programs especially the SD, their skating is not fabulous.

I&K need so much work on technical details. They have strong basics and a beautiful glide and spectacular appeal (this is their first competition!). But their choreographer should work so much on the details! Not that they need to find loopholes in the rules, just have their choreographer read it.

And I want to ADD too: how would people think Samuelson & Bates would place if they competed here??
    Last edited by piano18; 10-26-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    since when a tongo in figure skating is not safe?
    It is a big risk for Davis/White, since they are not the typical ice dance team who can do a tango at the drop of a hat. There's no literal storyline, tons of closed holds, and I think it's supposed to be more soft than aggressive (although I'm not entirely still sure about that) - none of these are what D/W are known for. Take into account that V/M are doing a Latin FD (I don't know how one can beat Scott's Spanish attitude, I don't know if it's different in Latin dances), and people are questioning D/W's connection...D/W have set a huge challenge for themselves. A tango might be boring for ice dance...but it will make them better skaters. I think this is the hardest program they've ever had. They're showing really complicated footwork here, which is something ice dance could use more of. I'll take that over passion in the first comp of the season.

vCash
    D&W:
    From now on, I really should watch their programs with the music on because I might like it then. At first viewing, (with no music) the SD looked bad and lifeless. Then, 12 hrs later, on second viewing, this time WITH the music on, it made it much better! Congratulations to them for going to get the first Worlds Gold medal for USA!

C&L look like they need a big push. They'll definitely finish ahead of A&V at Italian Nationals (A&V is somewhere in the league between the 2nd & 3rd french couples, they're not rising stars, not this year).

W&P: Still need to watch their programs.

Skate Canada is a weak field so we'll have to wait for Cup of China. F&S are skating there, and they deserve to be European champions this year. Also, Faiella is 30

vCash
    I think Sam/Bates would have medalled here...silver. Without a major error, that is. I think they are a stronger team than any of the others besides D/W. What a shame we didn't get to see "American in Paris".
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I agree tapdancer. With a strong skate S/B could have easily claimed the silver. And who knows, without the glitch in the short the Shibs might have moved ahead of W/P. Wouldn't that have been something: an all USA podium? Maybe next year!!!

vCash
    What? No voids?

Have you all forgotten Zhiganshina & Gaszi's Circus SD so quickly???
    Not to mention the crazy FD by the more crazy Mysliveckova & Novak of CZE.

I also like D&W's Sd, but it still needs some work. (I love the music...that really helps) Tango is so not my thing, and their FD is not yet soup. I hope I'll like it later. The same with I&K's FD, after they put in the new lifts.

I wish P&B and Kerrs weren't doing programs that feel like they're putting together a retrospective greatest hits program (more clowns (Chaplin), more Muse?)

I totally love Dai's SP.

And I'm quite fond of Rachael's "I want to Hold your Hand" Exhibition. (It's great to like something I expected to be bored by when I heard about it)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    D&W:
    From now on, I really should watch their programs with the music on because I might like it then.

isn't the music kind of essential in ice dancing (or dancing in general for that matter)?

Also, Faiella is 30
    I don't see how that matters in any way. Are you so surprised cause she looks younger tou you?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    entire post
    (((((((poths)))))))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    (((((((poths)))))))
    Was that a "goodbye" hug? Cause I figured poths pretty much isn't planning to watch any figure skating this season.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Was that a "goodbye" hug? Cause I figured poths pretty much isn't planning to watch any figure skating this season.
    I'll watch, complain and then get excited right around the first group of pairs at Europeans.

vCash
    Wheee, really enjoyed some of the Skate Canada Performances. Viktor Petrenko's little brother - Adam Rippons SP is really nice, passe but really nice.

Phaneuf is enjoyable....not earth shatteringly exciting, but she's old school - I like.

Fernandez is such a good skater, Morozov - your CH is stupid. STUPID!

Kevin Reynolds is Tilda Swinton and Clay Aiken's love child - I was falling asleep after the axel but then he did a SECOND quad in the short and I'm fickle. I'm for him now. Also...Neil Wilson his Coach? Choreographer?

I say this every year around October, Oda is winning worlds.

vCash
    Agnes Z was impressive. She sort of reminds me of Lisa Marie-Allen and will give Mirai a run for her money in the on-ice personality department for sure.

vCash
    Wheee, really enjoyed some of the Skate Canada Performances. Viktor Petrenko's little brother - Adam Rippons SP is really nice, passe but really nice.

Phaneuf is enjoyable....not earth shatteringly exciting, but she's old school - I like.

Fernandez is such a good skater, Morozov - your CH is stupid. STUPID!

Kevin Reynolds is Tilda Swinton and Clay Aiken's love child - I was falling asleep after the axel but then he did a SECOND quad in the short and I'm fickle. I'm for him now. Also...Neil Wilson his Coach? Choreographer?

I say this every year around October, Oda is winning worlds.
    So I'm not the only one who saw the similarities between Adam Rippon and Viktor Petrenko

vCash
    After SC -

Favs - Rippon SP - the best program I've seen to R/J since A/P!
    C/P FD - very different and distinctive
    K/K FD - not a real favorite, but of all their programs I think the one I like the best.

and - G/B Fd [what WERE they smoking????]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast