View Poll Results: Jeremy Abbott's new LP: yay or nay?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • yay

151 79.06%
  • nay

17 8.90%
  • not sure

23 12.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Yay most definitely!

vCash
    I loved it!!! It was a very beautiful program.
    A salute to Mr. Wilson
    Last edited by meteor16; 10-26-2010 at 07:54 AM.

vCash
    YAY!!! Beautiful and poignant.
    I hope that some of the emotion wouldn't be lost for somebody who does not know the movie- because the image and story that David and Jeremy created is tightly connected to "La Vita e Bella".
    I love that there is... looking for words.. so much air and light in the program. Every element is lovingly painted.
    Last edited by dinakt; 10-26-2010 at 07:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I love that there is... looking for words.. so much air and light in the program. Every element is lovingly painted.
    That's very beautifully put!

vCash
    dinakt, I'd "rep" you, if I could!

Vacant
    vCash
    I think it's genius but that's JMO of course, and that's coming from someone who doesn't normally like Wilson's work, but Jeremy does seem to bring out the best in him, or maybe it's Jeremy who has the facility to bring Wilson's true imagination to life, rather than generic face stroking paste on programs that most of his devotees end up with.

The glorious edge work alone is enough to have me all season over this program. LOVE the skid spiral and all the really angular and counter revolution choreography he does in and out of jumps.

Daisuke is wonderful too and obviously has the high impact performance level and he needs it because there's no doubt in my mind that Jeremy has infinitely the better program. That kind of 'oversell' would ruin the thematic nature and choreography of Abbott's program IMO.

vCash
    Definite yay from me! This is truly my favorite Abbott LP thus far.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    It gets a YAY from me!!!

Not only does it suit him wonderfully, but there's a move in it that I was starting to think I'd never ever see again in an eligible program. A skid spiral!!! It's also been put in a perfect place to go along w/the music as well.

Love it, love it love it and can't wait to see it get even better as the season goes along.

vCash

See the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Very much captures the spirit of the movie and the personality of the main character. Yippee yay.
    Do you have to go see every movie a skater is using as inspiration in order to appreciate the skating? I don't think so. A skater may be inspired by it, but you have to sell it to judges and an audience that may never have laid eyes on same. It doesn't have the same impact for those who have not seen the movie unless the skater adds that into the program. That's why, in my opinion, he needs to get some energy or "pizzazz' added in because no matter how good/great it is, he is being compared (unconsciously or maybe not) to Takahashi.

To compare, Kwan's Red Violin was one of my favorite programs - I felt what she was portraying and expressing, but I have never seen the movie. Don't need to.

vCash
    I love it! Especially the transitions.

vCash
    I haven't seen the movie, but I love this program. The choreography and movement capture the feeling of the music perfectly! I think subtle is underrated. Not everyone program has to be over the top, extroverted...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    That's why, in my opinion, he needs to get some energy or "pizzazz' added in because no matter how good/great it is, he is being compared (unconsciously or maybe not) to Takahashi.
    I disagree. I don't think every skater needs "pizzazz" or a Takahashi-style type of performance. Subtle, softer skating is something that Jeremy accomplishes well and many of us enjoy. I haven't seen the movie that was his inspiration, yet the performance still struck a chord with me.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept that Abbott and Takahashi are different skaters, and some prefer Abbott's style while others favor Takahashi's (the best fans, of course, love both ).

vCash
    I hate programs where the skater puts their hands in their pockets.

vCash
    This is a gorgeous program for Jeremy. It suits him / he suits it ... just perfectly. There are very many beautiful and unique details that make it worth watching and re-watching and re-watching ( Amen to the skid spiral..).

Love the program. Love his skating. Wish I could feel as good about his SP.

vCash
    I love the program. I find it charming and moving in a subtle way. It's my favorite program that I've seen this season.

I disagree that the program needs "pizazz". I don't think every program needs to be showy. I enjoy showy skaters (and love Takahashi), but I think there's room for subtle skating as well.

vCash
    I haven't seen the movie, have always kind of wanted to see it, but NOW I really want to see it! I liked the program that much!
    Last edited by shine; 10-28-2010 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamSkates View Post
    (and some color in his outfit)
    Where did you see color in the outfits in the movie ?
    I don't think Figure Skating needs sequins and flash colors to be televised. A black costume can be beautiful. The thing is that it needs to suit the theme of the program !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I think it's genius but that's JMO of course, and that's coming from someone who doesn't normally like Wilson's work, but Jeremy does seem to bring out the best in him, or maybe it's Jeremy who has the facility to bring Wilson's true imagination to life, rather than generic face stroking paste on programs that most of his devotees end up with.
    I agree. I am not a fan of most of Wilson's work but this is one of the best programs he put out in recent years.

vCash
    I think it's beautiful and can't wait to see it develope throughout the season!

vCash
    I love this program. At the end of the program I was like what? it's been 4.5 minutes already?? It gave me the same feelings I got when I first saw Dubreil/Lauzon's "somewhere in time" program...subtle and romantic...I think with more mileage it can become a really great program. Just my opinions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12