Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    I also heard over the summer that Victoria was happy that Hungary had released her and she could compete for the qualifying competitions this year.
    I don't think she needs to be released by the Hungarian federation to skate in USFS qualifying/national events though, does she? Didn't Yuko Kavaguti skate for Japan with Alexander Markuntsov one season, and then was at Mids and U.S. Nationals the next season with Devin Patrick? And then the following season she was representing Russia on the GP series with Smirnov.

vCash
    Dubé/Davison are officially out due to injury.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1771743/

vCash
    Thanks for being the first to provide confirmation via a legitimate news source, Alvyne. Your article link has now been cross-posted in the Grand Prix thread here in GSD and the Skate Canada Entries thread in the Kiss and Cry forum.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvyne View Post
    Dubé/Davison are officially out due to injury.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1771743/
    Thanks so much for the information, that's too bad, I hope they are back for Russia.

Pairs at SC is officially

I'm happy for those who have a chance to medal and gain exposure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I don't think she needs to be released by the Hungarian federation to skate in USFS qualifying/national events though, does she? Didn't Yuko Kavaguti skate for Japan with Alexander Markuntsov one season, and then was at Mids and U.S. Nationals the next season with Devin Patrick? And then the following season she was representing Russia on the GP series with Smirnov.
    I think she does if she's competed internationally for Hungary. So, either Hungary submitted their names hopefully like Ukraine seemed to do with their two dance teams and H/T are not skating together. Or, after missing out qualifiying for nats, H/T reteamed.

If they are not skating together hopefully the spot will be released to another team.

vCash
    I guess injury's not as bad as a breakup re D&D

vCash
    I guess after so many knee issues with Jessica over the years, I guess it's Bryce's turn. I wish them a really speedy recovery, and hope they come back stronger than ever to win Canadians this season.

vCash
    I think sammyf is right re: Hecht. I was surprised she was at Regionals after having competed for Hungary. Also, USFS has different rules for competing in the qualifying season, whether you are or are not a US citizen, if you have competed for another federation than were in place when Kavaguti did that. I was just assuming she was a US citizen & had complied with those new rules - unfortunate Regionals results for her though!

vCash
    Skate Canada has a notice up on their website that D/D have withdrawn fron Skate Canada because Bryce injured his knee in practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I guess injury's not as bad as a breakup re D&D
    But only if it's career ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    But only if it's career ending.
    Don’t hold back now Ziggy, tell us how you really feel.

A little more information about how Bryce’s injury occurred: Davison injured knee attempting triple loops: source

Canadian pairs skater Bryce Davison injured his knee while attempting triple loops in training, according to a source who saw the injury occur.

Davison was in a monitoring session with coach Petra Burka in Toronto last week when he started trying the triples.

The source told CBCSports.ca that he went up for a jump, popped it into a single, came down a bit awkwardly on his landing knee and was in immediate pain.
    Has there been any more news on the MRI results?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I'm watching Skatebuzz right now for the pairs practice @Skate Canada. Is anyone else watching? One of the commentators seemed to suggest that Bryce has already had surgery. Commentator wouldn't provide many details due to lack of medical knowledge but indicated that the problem was something like a bone spur on the back of Davison's knee coming loose. Commentator also indicated that recovery time is unknown at this time but expected that D/D would be out for the entire Grand Prix series.

That's what I heard anyway. Maybe someone can correct/expand anything I've not gotten right :0)

vCash
    This is another sad news and its too bad because if there was a team that really needed to skate in the Grand Prix this season and make the final, that team was Dube&Davison. They have stagnated so badly the last 2 seasons, and this was their golden chance to regain momentun and take advantage of the current field.

vCash
    According to this CBC article, Davison's injury could be career-ending (though SC's doctor denies this):

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...n-surgery.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    According to this CBC article, Davison's injury could be career-ending (though SC's doctor denies this):

That is so sad. I hope he recovers from this injury soon.

vCash
    Even if Davison's injury isn't career-ending, it would appear that it is at the very least season-ending, since that type of injury is slow to heal.

vCash

Wow, what a totally bizarre injury. This team really has no luck. Recovery time will vary depending on the size of the bone graft and how well it heals, but he could be non weight bearing for 6 – 12 weeks before rehab starts, which would pretty much put them out for the season. I imagine his medical team will want it to be very well healed before he starts training again. The grafts are usually pretty successful though, so it is a bit premature to say it’s career ending. But he should get his name on the future joint replacement list behind Craig Buntin’s request for a new shoulder ‘cause this knee is going to hurt him big time when he gets to be about 40. Best wishes to him for a speedy & full recovery!
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash

I wouldn't proclaim all is doom and gloom yet. No one thought it was possible to recover from a ruptured Achilles tendon but just ask Zhao Hongbo.

That said, I hope Bryce recovers soon! Seems like we have an awful number of injuries/ surgeries this season. Best of luck to those on the path to recovery and may the rest stay healthy!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    It doesn't seem like he can heal soon, so I'm going to wish that he heals well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast