vCash

Unisports: 2010 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, NHK Trophy

Universal Sports will air weekend coverage of the NHK Trophy, the first event in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, direct from Japan. Universal Sports’ commentary team consists of NBC Olympic commentator Andrea Joyce on play-by-play, Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski as the ladies’ analyst, Olympic silver medalist Peter Carruthers as the men’s analyst and Olympic silver medalist Tanith Belbin as the ice dance analyst. NBC will air their coverage of the NHK Trophy on October 30 from 4-6pm ET. UniversalSports.com and Icenetwork.com will combine to deliver an unprecedented depth of online video coverage of the entire 2010 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating, with 90+ hours of LIVE streaming -- every session of every event -- plus on-demand replays, highlights, interviews and analysis. For more information check out: http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ing/index.html

Fri., October 22: Pairs Short & Short Dance – 6-7:30 PM; Ladies Short – 10:30-11:30 PM
    Sat., October 23: Pairs Free – 3- 4:00 PM; Men’s Short Program & Free Dance – 5-7:00 PM
    Sun., October 24: Men’s Free – 6-7:00 PM

Highlighted athletes competing include: Daisuke Takahashi (JPN), 2010 men's world champion; Mao Asada (JPN), 2010 women's world champion; Rachael Flatt (USA), U.S. women’s champion and Olympian; Jeremy Abbott (USA), U.S. men’s champion and Olympian; Pang Qing/ Tong Jian (CHN), 2010 pairs' world champions; and Meryl Davis/Charlie White (USA), 2010 Olympic silver medalists.

vCash
    Why isn't there coverage of Ladies long??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shuilee View Post
    Why isn't there coverage of Ladies long??
    I think NBC will air that next Sunday-10/31

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    I think NBC will air that next Sunday-10/31
    Now that the Ladies finals have taken place and most of us have seen the results on YouTube or elsewhere, one has to LAUGH at NBC. Why the long wait for what essentially will be a sleeper of a show? THREE fantastic finals (Men, Dance Pairs) shown soon after the live event on UnivSports TV, yet all of the secrecy for what turned out to be the 'zzzz event' of NHK.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    They should broadcast the men. The free skate was a fantastic event. 4 quads!

moving right along
    vCash
    Hey cphillips, thanks for posting schedules.

Please tell the website powers-that-be to add a time schedule for subscription broadcasts. I bought the GP Series and couldn't find any info about when the next NHK event would be live...except to see "Available soon" on a crawler, or "Available at 8pm" on the crawler. How am I supposed to plan ahead so I can watch what I paid for in real time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Now that the Ladies finals have taken place and most of us have seen the results on YouTube or elsewhere, one has to LAUGH at NBC. Why the long wait for what essentially will be a sleeper of a show? THREE fantastic finals (Men, Dance Pairs) shown soon after the live event on UnivSports TV, yet all of the secrecy for what turned out to be the 'zzzz event' of NHK.
    Yeah, but the networks always think that Americans care only about the women and the American women in particular. And, of course, they'll talk about how great Rachael is and will be able to go on and on about what happened to Mao.

But, it's a shame so many people are going to miss what probably will turn out to have been one of the best men's competitions this season.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Please tell the website powers-that-be to add a time schedule for subscription broadcasts. I bought the GP Series and couldn't find any info about when the next NHK event would be live...except to see "Available soon" on a crawler, or "Available at 8pm" on the crawler. How am I supposed to plan ahead so I can watch what I paid for in real time?
    LadyNit, I'm not sure if this helps but Universal Sports has posted a "viewers guide" listing the live web stream times as well as the TV schedule for each GP event:

For example, here's NHK:
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...id=496718.html

GP Series Viewers Guide

The Universal Sports live web streaming start time should be identical to the icenetwork start times.

After watching gym worlds this weekend, I agree that the Universal Sports online streaming video portal could do a better job of making the schedules easier to view.

vCash
    I think some people here are forgetting about the people at large, who probably make up a majority of the TV audience anyway. The die-hards would have already seen it, of course, but the casual fans may not.

Plus, only NHK and SC are being shown a week later. Since China is being skipped, starting with SA the coverage will switch to LIVE/same weekend, like it was last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Yeah, but the networks always think that Americans care only about the women and the American women in particular. And, of course, they'll talk about how great Rachael is and will be able to go on and on about what happened to Mao.

But, it's a shame so many people are going to miss what probably will turn out to have been one of the best men's competitions this season.
    Doesn't NBC usually dedicate the first hour of coverage to the Men's FS and the second to the Ladies' FS?

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    GP Series Viewers Guide

The Universal Sports live web streaming start time should be identical to the icenetwork start times.

After watching gym worlds this weekend, I agree that the Universal Sports online streaming video portal could do a better job of making the schedules easier to view.
    Thank you SO MUCH, HisWeirness! xoxoxoxoxo

THIS is perfect. But I remain disturbed that I couldn't find it on my own. C'mon UniSports web team...make this critical piece of information easy to find. We need it.