Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Introduction to Wii

My brother just gave a Wii to my husband and me for our (early) Xmas gift. We do not like shooting/war/violent type games, so what good stuff is out there that we should get?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    The Wii is perfect for someone who doesn't like those sorts of games- like me! No shooting/war games in my house.

I'm okay with non-realistic cartoon violence, which is present in some of these games. I'm a big fan of the Mario franchise in general.

My number one recommendation is Mario Kart. Fantastic fun, and a game I'm actually good at! I like using the wheel, my husband does not.

Number 2 is a "party game" you can play some parts of it with up to 12 people! WarioWare. This has some "gross out" humor, but it's limited. Lots of mini-mini games- things that take just a few seconds to complete. Very fun, and funny to watch.

I also like Mario Party and Paper Mario. I was not a fan of Mario Galaxy- as it made me dizzy.

Non-mario, I do really like Wii Sports Resort and Wii Sports. Wii Fit is fun, but I'd get it on sale.
    We really enjoy Guitar Hero, but prefered the first one.

The Just Dance games look cool, and I'm excited to get the new Donkey Kong Country game too.
    A friend of mine (in his late 40s) is addicted to Animal Crossing, but I don't really "get it".

Another fun thing to do is download the classic games onto the console- Bubble Bobble is my favorite there.

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    I love Wii Sports- expecially Wii tennis. Wii Resort Sports is pretty fun too.

vCash
    My faves are Wii Bowling and Dance Dance Revolution. DDR is like twister with a beat.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    BoomBlox!! It's like reverse Jenga. WiiFit is great. Definitely WiiSports, and they have all the old Nintendo games like Super Mario Bros and Zelda.

vCash
    My favorite Wii game is endless ocean. And Mario games in general.

vCash
    LOVE Mario Kart. It's my favourite. My husband and I play it all the time and often have friends over for Mario nights

I also really enjoy Dance Dance Revolution and Wii Sports. Tennis and bowling are always fun.

Title-less
    vCash
    Has anyone tried the skating in Wii sports? Whoever came up with thishas no clue how skating is, I'm sure. :LOL:

vCash
    Wii Winter Sports' figure skating is a joke. We were very disappointed. Not at all worth the money. EA has a figure skating game, but I've never tried it.

I have Wii Fit Plus, which is also better than the original Wii Fit, but EA's fitness games are allegedly the best. I haven't tried them myself.

The kids love all the Harry Potter Wii games. They have a lot of secret levels and features that are unlocked as the player meets the various challenges.

DH and the kids love Disney's Toy Story Mania - almost as much fun as the WDW ride.

vCash
    I hate shooters as well. They're boring imo and the games tend to be so dark and mottled looking. I like color!

The Mario Galaxy games are really fun and New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a throwback to the 2D games. It's like the NES games and Super Mario World rolled up into one with maybe a bit of the DS games thrown in for good measure. The multiplayer is soooo freaking fun.

Wii Fit Plus and Mario Kart are good games.

Donkey Kong Country Returns looks good.

I'm gonna be picking up Skyward Sword when it comes out.

All in all, I'm loving that Nintendo is doing so much retro type stuff. I still have a working NES and I still love playing Super Mario Bros. 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Wii Winter Sports' figure skating is a joke. We were very disappointed. Not at all worth the money. EA has a figure skating game, but I've never tried it.

I have Wii Fit Plus, which is also better than the original Wii Fit, but EA's fitness games are allegedly the best. I haven't tried them myself.

The kids love all the Harry Potter Wii games. They have a lot of secret levels and features that are unlocked as the player meets the various challenges.

DH and the kids love Disney's Toy Story Mania - almost as much fun as the WDW ride.
    I really like EA Fitness and you can use it with the balance board from Wii Fit.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I tried out the Winter Sports games. I was pretty bad at skating and my niece laughed her head off everytime my poor ski jumper crashed.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    We have Wii fit plus which is great, but we also have the Winter Olympics which is fun because all of the venues are based on the 2010 Olympics. They have great games too. I want to get Wii Party (or Wii Party Party as I call it because it's what they say in the commercials lol).. it looks like it has a bunch of games that would be good for when my nieces come over. They're 5 and 3 and would have fun with the ones where you hide the remotes and they have to find the one that is making the noise etc. We don't have a lot of toys at our place so it would be good to have something for them to do.

vCash
    You might also like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, especially if you're into Facebook games like Farmville (or would be without the social aspect).

But yeah, you can't go wrong with the Mario and Zelda staples. Lego Harry Potter looks pretty cool too.

vCash
    I'm struggling my way through Super Mario Galaxy 2 right now. I also love the internet feature on Mario Kart. I get online and play with other users all over the world.

The Deca Sports games are cheap and not as good as some of the other sports games, but they are fun. The first one has skating and it's pretty fun. I also love Samba de Amigo, which is great for parties. Just Dance is a little disappointing to me, but I heard that Just Dance 2 is better and really fun. Dance Dance Revolution is extremely fun and a good one to have at parties.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I used to enjoy Mario Kart as well. Haven't played in a while, though. The best part is playing online against others. It is a good way to learn tricks cause you can see what the others do that you didn't know about!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Defintely Mario Kart. Wii Sports is a good one too, especially the tennis, boxing and bowling. Any of the Mario Party or Mario Galaxy games are great, as is Wii Fit plus. I have Epic Mickey on my Christmas list.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Does anyone remember this Mario game that was on the Nintendo 64? I believe you had to collect stars by finishing levels. I particularly remember one part where you went into this castle and you could jump through the pictures hanging on the walls. Was that Mario Sunshine? I want to find a game similar to that for Wii. Now that I think about it, I think I could probably download it on my Wii and play it right now! I just know all the tricks, so I would like a new challenge. Anyway, if anyone knows that game, could you recommend similar types of games for the Wii? Is the Mario Galaxy like that?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Another vote for Mario Kart -- I love playing it online. I'm also a fan of Super Mario Galaxy.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Does anyone remember this Mario game that was on the Nintendo 64? I believe you had to collect stars by finishing levels. I particularly remember one part where you went into this castle and you could jump through the pictures hanging on the walls. Was that Mario Sunshine? I want to find a game similar to that for Wii. Now that I think about it, I think I could probably download it on my Wii and play it right now! I just know all the tricks, so I would like a new challenge. Anyway, if anyone knows that game, could you recommend similar types of games for the Wii? Is the Mario Galaxy like that?
    It was Super Mario 64. I bought an N64 at a pawn shop and the game on ebay just for that game. I wish they would remake it for the Wii.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast