vCash

Doll's Figure Skating Costume

My niece was given Brianne a Maplelea doll for Christmas, and don't call her Brian, for which I have been volunteered to make cloths for. Luckily the fabric store is having a sale which along with my stash provides endless possibilities for outfits. One of the things I'd like to make is a skating dress. I got a sparklially swimsuit knit on sale for $1.50 for 1/2 a meter.

When you sew the costumes is it like adding a skirt to a swimsuit? I have made swimsuits before.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

vCash
    They can be made a myriad of ways but that would be your easiest place to start. Post pictures please!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    The easiest method is to make the swimsuit, then mark the skirt line around the hips or waist. Use that measurement to cut a circle skirt and pin it along the skirt line. If you pinch it properly between the top/bottom of the skirtline, you can pin and sew it without cutting the swimsuit open. That cuts down on the possibilities of runs and tears if the doll owner is a little rough when changing the bodysuit.

vCash
    If these are the same size as the American Girl dolls in the US, there are lots of patterns available for them in the fabric stores.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.