Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    It doesn't look like Universal Sports TV is broadcast over the air in the Boston area.

http://www.universalsports.com/tv-li...rts_on_TV.html

vCash
    It's not on that list but I live right next to Boston and have comcast and I get it. I never would have known either if it wasn't for this thread!

vCash
    Fortunately, my local NBC affiliate broadcasts it over the air. I've been scheduling recordings using my DVD recorder so I don't miss the "real" broadcast.

I have DirecTV - when I asked about the channel, the rep said that only the HD packages (read: $$$) offer Universal Sports on DirecTV. I argued (what else?) that, since I pay for the premium MLB package, they should throw in UniSports for free. Also tried "But my local NBC affiliate broadcasts it, and I pay for the 'local channels' option, therefore, I should get the channel for free." I think I gave the rep a headache, lol. I had to take the shot, but it bounced off the rim.

I'm so glad that Universal Sports is broadcasting this much skating - NBC's 2hr, week-later recaps just aren't the same as watching more extensive, same-day coverage. I wish they had kept the live feeds from last year. I enjoy the lack of announcers. I do miss my TV in the guest bedroom though - it's nice to watch skating before going to sleep. Good dreams come to those who snooze during the Men's events, lol.

icenetwork was okay last year, but they offered a $5 discount a few days after I subscribed and refused to adjust my bill when I asked for the discount. I decided not to renew this year just out of spite. That $5 profit last year turned into a $40 loss this year.

Did anyone subscribe to the Universal Sports online streaming? I'm tempted to do it since it's only $15, but I suspect that's a one-season introductory price since their online Skiing subscription is $30.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Add me to the love Universal Sports channel list. Not only do they have great skating and gymnastics coverage, but they also have a lot of cycling, which I like.

And most of the items they show weren't being shown on NBC anyway. There were seasons with no coverage at all, so it's better to get it on cable than not at all.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Well thanks to AT&T's latest bonehead move.

I will have Universal on cable this week! The decision to drop the only channels I do watch because the provider wouldn't let them have 'alternative broadcast' rights means I am GONE! I hated Comcast's interenet, but there's a trade off!

vCash
    I paid $14.95 to watch this season on line on Universalsports.com. The only thing that really annoys me is that you CONSTANTLY have to keep signing in after each video you watch .

I subscribed to both Universal and Icenetwork on-line coverage this year because they both show things that the other does not.

vCash
    I'm liking it . I keep checking to see if there is an HD version Universal Sports on my list of Comcast channels. Not yet, maybe next year.

vCash
    Skate Canada Mens' FS on now .

vCash
    Directv only has Universal HD, not Universal Sports HD. I've tried for a while now to tell them to get it. They don't listen to me.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    There is no such thing as a HD Universal Sports TV channel. I think they eventually want to broadcast in HD but they do not right now.

vCash
    I just moved about a month ago from Chicago where I got Universal Sports for free on free tv, to San Antonio where we don't get Universal Sports at all, and I pay for cable now!

Oh well I guess there's a trade off for the much nicer fall/winter weather. My NBC affiliate does play it a week later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12