Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Based on the title, I thought this thread was going to be about something else.
    Early in 2008, Evan Lysacek suffered an injury and had to withdraw from Worlds. One of the moderators over at GoldenSkate posted a thread titled "Evan is out!" Several of us got the wrong idea, and the title was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Other than Yagudin, to my knowledge, none of the olympic champions participated in the ISU Grand prix series the year after their olympic golds since the beginning of the ISU champions series (1995) until this year.
    To be fair, Tessa and Scott planned to be in the Grand Prix.
    Last edited by Polymer Bob; 10-21-2010 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    The ladies field is quite interesting on the GP this year. With no Yu-Na competing and Mao looking a bit inconsistent as she re-tools her technique, it really is anyone's game.

I expect Mao to win NHK this weekend, but there will certainly be girls nipping at her heels. Korpi has looked solid at Nebelhorn and Finlandia thus far, and Kanako Murakami put up a big SP score at her regional competition a few weeks ago. And then there's the trio of American girls: Flatt (who won't have school to focus on this year), Wagner (still looking for her breakout season) and Zhang (with a new coach and reportedly new technique). With no definite favorite for Nationals in January, the GP series could be very important for U.S. ladies to "make their mark," so to speak.

For the rest of the series, I like Zawadzki's chances against a watered-down field at Skate Canada, and Japan's Ando and Suzuki should do just fine in their events, too.

Overall, this could be a very big year for new seniors to start establishing themselves for the new quadrennium, while past also-rans look to finally step up.

OK

vCash
    I thought this was another Johnny Weir thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    B&S's SD sucks, so they're gonna need a kick-ass FD to keep them in the running imo.

It's I&K's first year as seniors, so I wouldn't count on them getting on a major podium this season. But yes, by the Olympics, I think they'll be top contenders.
    Yeah, maybe it's too soon, but I&K are very good (or at least, I found them really good as junior !)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    I thought this was another Johnny Weir thread
    Why did you think that ?

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Pj, for the ladies, the one i'm watching out is Ashley Wagner. Mao is now fixing her jump technique all over again and doing the full set of triple jumps in her program, which will give her problems I think. Ando, Suzuki, Nagasu, are contenders as well. And as always, the Euro ladies are the wild card.

I think Crone&Poirier will enjoy a fruitful season. With two of the Zoueva teams out I think they should easily medal in their events and finish well in the GPF.

Daisuke Takahashi should be unbeatable season barring unexpected injury problems again. He is the only skater right now with the "it" factor.

In pairs, i think Dube/Davison will take advantage of the fact that 3 strong teams from last season are gone. They will probably look a lot better this season following a somewhat embarassing showing in Vancouver. It all depends if Jessica can actually land her 3s.

ok
    Last edited by Fallcolor; 10-21-2010 at 03:20 PM.

moving right along
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Daisuke Takahashi should dominate this season barring unexpected injury problems again.
    I love the man and want him to dominate. However, at the beginning of the season he always seems to have stamina problems with his long program, so I don't expect him to dominate early on. But by the end of the year, I think he'll be leader of the pack.

vCash
    No one put "OK" after their post.

OK

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I love the man and want him to dominate. However, at the beginning of the season he always seems to have stamina problems with his long program, so I don't expect him to dominate early on. But by the end of the year, I think he'll be leader of the pack.
    I hope he won't peak too early though..i'd rather not remember 2008 worlds. After the surgury i think he is getting more adjusted to his new body. I though, am giddy with excitement that he landed his first quad toe in over 2 years, just a few weeks ago!

vCash
    From- Sean Landriault
    Cornwall,ON

I think Davis/White will really show their talents this season with Virtue/Moir out for the Grand Prix Series and all the focus will be on them in the Ice Dance competitionts. Maybe Crone/Poirier can even move up some places and get some podiums in some Grand Prix Events?
    Always look out for the reigning World Junior Champions, this post Olympic year always reveals fresh faces who can skate as well or better than the experienced skaters!

OK

vCash
    I think that Zawadski and Nagasu are going to come out near the top of the international ladies this year- they both have the technical goods, and Nagasu has the "it" factor. Zawadski may be too new to seniors to get the mega-PCS at first, but she is typically consistent, which helps build PCS up steadily through the year it seems. Asada, as many others said, is not usually an early season skater. Nor is Miki... Korpi usually does great in the senior B comps, but tends to crumble come GP time when the "big girls" come out to play. One thing is for certain- nothing is for certain this season!

OK

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I love the man and want him to dominate.

Oh, wait a minute, this isn't the hot tub.

vCash
    Thanks for all of the great answers everyone I am sorry for the misleading title...in my mind...it was about getting the ones that are just beyond the horizon to reveal themselves....Pj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12