vCash

John Zimmerman/Disson Skating

I just noticed that John Zimmerman is no longer on the Disson website. It appears that Lang and Tchernechev are replacing him in both shows.
    (Golden Age of American Figure Skating & Holday on Ice). Does anyone know what is going on?

His wife, Sylvia Fontana is no longer listed on the Holday On ice show as well.

vCash
    They're coaching Denney & Barrett in Florida.

August 24, 2010
    John and wife Silvia are the new coaches for U.S. pairs champions Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett. They will be based at Incredible Ice located in Coral Springs, FL.
    Source: http://www.johnzimmermanonline.com/news.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    They're coaching Denney & Barrett in Florida.

Source: http://www.johnzimmermanonline.com/news.html
    Yes, I knew that. But I wondered if something ELSE was going on as well.
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 10-20-2010 at 02:19 AM.

vCash
    Yuka Sato coaches Jeremy and Alissa and she is still listed on Disson's site for two shows.

(Holiday On Ice and the Brian Boitano special)

Perhaps timing is a factor.

vCash
    I believe Jeremy, however, does shows with Yuka?

vCash
    John's website schedule page still has both shows listed http://www.johnzimmermanonline.com/schedule.html but I find his website doesn't get updated very much.
    Yeah, I'm guessing it's a matter of timing also. John and Silvia were supposed to be in Mike Weiss' foundation show this week-end, but now are not listed in the cast. I assume John's in Japan with Denney & Barrett, & Silvia's facebook page says something about her going to Las Vegas. I always liked both of their skating too bad they won't be in any of the Disson shows this season!

vCash
    I've always enjoyed seeing John skate - he's fun; Silvia seems just lovely as a person and she's so pretty, but her skating is generally poor quality (that always suprises me when I see her in shows but it's so off).

That said, he is putting his focus where it ought to be, on his new relationship with an elite pair. I think it was optimistic of him to think he could participate in any shows especially in his first season as an elite coach. He is making a big transition and commitment so one thing at a time - he's doing that, and I wish him great success.
    Last edited by Willowway; 10-20-2010 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    Word has it that John is in Japan this weekend coaching Jeramy Barret and Sylvia is in LA rehersing for Skating with the stars. They will be missed at the Michael Weiss Foundation show.

vCash
    Yes John is in Japan.... here's Denney & Barrett's short program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzXF...layer_embedded

And if it's true Silvia is doing "Skating with the Stars" I think it's great! She won twice in Italy's version of the show!!! I was able to watch it!

On a side note it's strange that I can get a TV station from Italy on my cable (Time Warner) but yet we get nothing from Canada so I could watch Battle of the Blades!!