Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I wear something like this. I drive 30 miles to work each way, on the highway. I need the warmth (my feet are cold all winter anyways!), and I certainly don't need heels when I'm trying to walk across snow and ice!

I know PL will be mortified, but at some point, safety and the possibility of broken bones does outweigh fashion. Sorry.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I love laced boots so I bought these recently and they're just fab.
    Ooh, those are friggin awesome!! Where did you buy them? I have an insanely high instep, and most boots have such a "flat" profile that I can't get over my heel unless they lace or zip.

I recently caved on the "bootie" trend and got these from Payless. They look hot under jeans, and the low profile doesn't cover my ankle bone and so I don't look stumpy with tights and a skirt.

What I really need is rain boots, though - and ones that I can tuck my pants into. Uggs are not good in the rain and too warm besides. I've yet to find a pair that fits over my heel, is wide enough in the toe box and also wide enough to fit over my skater calves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    I wear something like this. I drive 30 miles to work each way, on the highway. I need the warmth (my feet are cold all winter anyways!), and I certainly don't need heels when I'm trying to walk across snow and ice!

I know PL will be mortified, but at some point, safety and the possibility of broken bones does outweigh fashion. Sorry.
    I too have a long commute & don't like wearing heels to drive or walk long distances. I wear flats or sneakers to drive in and leave my nice shoes/boots in my file cabinet. Helps to make shoes last longer and reduces risk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    I recently caved on the "bootie" trend and got these from Payless. They look hot under jeans, and the low profile doesn't cover my ankle bone and so I don't look stumpy with tights and a skirt.
    I love this style. It's kind of like the men's wear for women fashion that was popular in the 90's. I was actually eyeing a pair of these at Famous Footwear.

vCash
    I tend to buy more casual boots for fall and winter. I love the look of stilettos and have a pair for going out, but as for day-to-day boots (I have to walk to and from the subway everyday) I need a flat, comfortable boot. I started working with Sperry and they let me try out these Bayshore boots. I love them because they are comfortable to walk in, and (bonus) they lace up so you can loosen or tighten them depending on how big/small your calves are.

vCash
    Speaking of Sperry, I LOVE these tall rain boots. I'm normally a 5-5.5 so I'm wondering if the 6 will work.

These are cute too, AND it has a wedge to elongate the leg line!

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Ooh, those are friggin awesome!! Where did you buy them? I have an insanely high instep, and most boots have such a "flat" profile that I can't get over my heel unless they lace or zip.
    I bought them on ebay but they're by "Tamaris" a German label.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

As mentioned, cute, warm and comfy are not mutually exclusive.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I like the suede ankle boots with some faux fur on the edge to wear with my jeans. I also like the knee high boots in leather. I don't like the type that go over the knee, but the ones that go up to the knee are nice

vCash
    I am looking to invest in a pair of boots that are stylish and will last for at least a few years. I have about a $400-$500 price range and I am interested in any input for good boots for men.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I have about a $400-$500 price range
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    What I really need is rain boots, though - and ones that I can tuck my pants into. Uggs are not good in the rain and too warm besides. I've yet to find a pair that fits over my heel, is wide enough in the toe box and also wide enough to fit over my skater calves.
    I just bought these in Navy at the Nine West factory Outlet Store. I got them for 20 bucks because I got another pair of shoes there too. Regular price was $40.

http://www.ninewest.com/Raindrop/548...tColor=BLACKRU

I have muscular calves too and these are no problem for tucking jeans into and also the width of the calf is adjustable.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

vCash
    I love Frye boots. I have more pairs than I care to admit. I sort of have a boot addiction . I am tall, so I have a little trouble with knee height boots, they are about an inch or so too short and start to curve in a little too low. But, I make do . Via Spiga makes great boots too. I always buy from their web site at the end of the season and get GREAT buys!

Right now, these are my favorites:
    http://www.thefryecompany.com/Produc...-77374TAN.aspx
    I have them in brown and want them in black, but they sold the black out in a week!

Love boots with skinny jeans, leggings and long tops, and with skirts/dresses and dark tights. I have one pair of really high, 4" heel booties (from last year). They make me 6'2" and I can't wear them if I have to walk too far . But they are soooo cool.
    Last edited by cruisin; 10-21-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    I finally broke down and bought a pair of ankle boots with a round toe, and I just can't get used to it. They have a 3" heel and are so comfortable, but ugh, after years of wearing the same style boot with a pointy toe, they just look strange!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I am looking to invest in a pair of boots that are stylish and will last for at least a few years. I have about a $400-$500 price range and I am interested in any input for good boots for men.
    Here's a good site for browsing.

http://www.zappos.com/mens-boots~u

I'm jealous of your budget. Have fun shopping.

vCash
    Here are a two more places to look:

http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...-MEN%27S|BOOTS anything "Air" has Nike Air technology. I find Cole Haan to be very comfortable.

http://www.thefryecompany.com/ My favorites and they last decades, they just get better with age.

Via Spiga has a few men's boots, not much of a selection, but what they have are nice.http://www.viaspiga.com/content.aspx...ntID=shop#/men

You could also go to Bloomingdales.com, or other department stores ".com".
    If you know your size in the brand, that should be okay. Usually shipping is free if you spend over a certain amount and $400 would certainly qualify.

Note: If you find a pair of boots on the Cole Haan or Frye sites, and you can't find that particular boot in the store, go to a store that carries the brand and try a few pair on. That way you know how the shoe sizes run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by myhoneyhoney View Post
    Speaking of Sperry, I LOVE these tall rain boots. I'm normally a 5-5.5 so I'm wondering if the 6 will work.

These are cute too, AND it has a wedge to elongate the leg line!
    I love the wedge boots! Those are really cute. As far as sizing goes, I'm normally a 6-6.5 and my Sperry Bayshore boots are a 6.5. They fit perfectly, but are pretty narrow, so I'd keep that in mind too.

INTJ
    vCash

How Canadian of you

I can remember being so excited when my mom no longer made me wear boots like that to school, lol.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post
    Here's a good site for browsing.

http://www.zappos.com/mens-boots~u

I'm jealous of your budget. Have fun shopping.
    I like Zappos for browsing too, but really only purchase through them when I need the shoes the next day or can't find them at any of the online department stores as they seem to be a bit higher.

My new love is Tod's. Supposedly, all their manufacturing stays in Italy, no outsourcing to China, India, etc like some of the other houses. Not very many boutiques in the U.S. but you can check Neimans, Saks, Bluefly. If you know your size you could order through the outlets, some styles make it there from Europe, but all sales are final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    How Canadian of you

I can remember being so excited when my mom no longer made me wear boots like that to school, lol.
    I do wear them to school...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast