Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mpal2 View Post
    I have a question regarding the ringer appropriate music/dances. How does the music get picked and how would the producers control that? I would imagine that there is a set list of music that they have pre-approved for music rights.
    My New Pro (NP) asked Elena about that one time (she coaches at our studio) and she said that they're given the music. The pros can ask well in advance but have no control over the final decision. I would suspect, as you say, the right to perform/air it is a big factor, but it DOES also give the producers a huge ability to screw with contestants they want gone and help out those they favor.

vCash
    What did everyone think of Shakira's "dance" and music? Funny how she got the fitted pants and her dancers had pants fitted like saggy diapers

She has such the sleaze factor going on, me no like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    I'm really surprised it wasn't Bristol. Florence scored three points higher with the judges.
    Palin/Tea Party Panderers

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I would have been equally fine w Bristol leaving but I'd rather see Florence go because I can't stand Corky's choreo.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    What did everyone think of Shakira's "dance" and music? Funny how she got the fitted pants and her dancers had pants fitted like saggy diapers

Huh? Are you only into artists like Debbie Boone? Shakira is far away from any "the sleaze factor".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Actually, even Shakira's pants had a bit of a sag and bag to them -- but the back-up dancers had the ones that looked like diapers in need of changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Huh? Are you only into artists like Debbie Boone? Shakira is far away from any "the sleaze factor".
    Her "song" on DWTS last night gave me a bit of an "ick" feeling -- and I usually like Shakira. Debbie Boone? No way!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I just was kinda like...this is a song? Is she singing? She sounds out of breath. Huh?

It wasn't a very impressive performance, but then whatshisname the other singer was also kind of underwhelming.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in many years! Just watch Debbie turn up on the show now! (Or her daddy, Florence's age?)

vCash
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in many years! Just watch Debbie turn up on the show now! (Or her daddy, Florence's age?)
    Debbie Boone evidently was on Oprah just yesterday -- so maybe she will! I can just see a tango or quick step to "You Light Up My Life."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Debbie Boone evidently was on Oprah just yesterday -- so maybe she will! I can just see a tango or quick step to "You Light Up My Life."
    IIRC, it's been done already. Can't remember what season. It was a smooth waltz.
    eta, and the arrangement and singing was terrible which is why I remember.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    IIRC, it's been done already. Can't remember what season. It was a smooth waltz.
    That seems to make too much sense -- a jive or quick step would be more in line with some of this week's selections.
    Was Debbie herself doing the singing?

vCash
    No, I am not into Debbie Boone, she was more of my mother's era.

And Shakira, we know she can belly dance, but what was with the butt grinding up in the air - that's basically all she did - reminded me of a simulated doggy-style sex act with good rhythm. Her voice is not what it used to be either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Is the 'singing' ever good?

vCash
    Her dad is selling walk-in tubs for seniors who are afraid of falling in the tub.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011