Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I really like Mallory. She might be annoying, but she does have a pure joy that I like. .
    I agree, she's a lot less annoying than I expected. Or maybe the annoying beams emanating from Chad are so bright that Mallory gets lost in the glare.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Ridiculously easy Speed Bump ruined this episode for me. Pissed me off from that moment onward ... didn't enjoy the eppy, and so course it went totally rogue and culminated with the elimination of my favorite pair. :

"Walk four feet, and sit on that ice cube". WTF? I mean, really, TAR? Anyone with any meat at all on their azz could withstand that "hardship" ... even for a chance at $100.00 it'd be a mild discomfort. What next - "Breathe for five minutes while you stand lie for a massage by the clue box"?
    Sit on a big block of ice in the middle of a walk in freezer with regular clothes on and get back to me.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Sigh, I've concluded that I'm chatting with a bunch of wimps here. Not garden variety wimps, but sedation dentistry patient wimps.

Now, if I were asked to hold a block ice between my butt cheeks, that might be torture. Or some kind of heaven, I dunno.

vCash
    Just watched the episode again, have to say that I totally approved of all 4 of the teams that ended up getting on the earlier flight. Stupid racing on the other teams who got to the airport earlier and didn't research for any better tickets. I guess they're just so used to being spoon-fed flights these days that none of them thought to think of that. It was so nice and refreshing to see some airport drama once again!

Gary & Mallory are so far and away my favorite team this season thusfar. She's a hoot... I loved how she said she was going to hook up her dogs at home and have them mush her around And then how she was pulling the flags out of her cleavage (complete with the, "I feel like a magician!" comment).

Props to Nat & Kat.. Africa must not have liked them very much! What a solid leg they ran.

Brooke & Claire, too, did very well. I love their positive energy and all the laughs they're sharing. It's nice to see teams actually having fun with the experience rather than hating on their partners.

I predicted after the first episode that Nick & Vicky would stick around for a bit, since it seemed so obvious that they weren't going to make it far. They ran a good leg this time, I have to say. And kept the annoying-ness to a low. at having the cab driver take them to the Arctic Circle!

Couldn't help but at some of those sled wipeouts... loved when one of the volleyball players crashed and her sled when flying away down the mountain hill, a la the cheesewheels from a few seasons ago

Jill & Thomas might have wasted their express pass, seeing how much everyone else struggled with the detours, but you never know.. they might have had the same (or bigger) problems.. I wonder if they'll change anything about how they race now that they don't have an advantage on the rest of the teams. Additionally, I rather like them as a pair on the show.. I thought I wouldn't, but they really don't annoy me like Chad & Stephanie do.

Sucks that the choir boys got eliminated on their graduation date... although they were annoying the feck out of me with all of their singing.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    ...I guess they're just so used to being spoon-fed flights these days that none of them thought to think of that. It was so nice and refreshing to see some airport drama once again!
    I KNOW, RIGHT?!? I miss the days of airport wrangling, sigh.

I feel like a big crab - I do not get the Mallory lurve. At the bathmat I was trying to figure out why Mallory bugs me and Blonde HSN doesn't, since they're both pretty hyper. I will say that Mallory didn't bother me as much last ngiht as in previous eps, but I won't miss her when she's gone.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    for the Jonathan/Connor. I knew they were goners as soon as they mentioned missing their graduation on this leg. Wasn't there another team where a member missed their graduation and were eliminated the same leg, or wait was that ANTM? I think I watch too many reality shows.
    Brooke, Season 7 of ANTM

Oh, wait, there is one memorable thing, albeit unfortunately: Last night's eppy -- the blonde one saying the names of those who had made the earlier flight until it came to "and the Asians"
    At least they didn't say "those Orientals"

Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Sit on a big block of ice in the middle of a walk in freezer with regular clothes on and get back to me.
    Wimp! The contestants on Australia's Next Top Model (I think that was the country) had to sit/lie on giant blocks of ice for much longer. One girl even had her cheek pressed against it! And they were wearing less clothing than on TAR.

vCash
    I hope those Aussie gals had on their triple panties ... lest there be an unfortunate incident, ala A Christmas Story.

Then they'd WISH that they'd merely crowned the wrong girl

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Wimp! The contestants on Australia's Next Top Model (I think that was the country) had to sit/lie on giant blocks of ice for much longer. One girl even had her cheek pressed against it! And they were wearing less clothing than on TAR.
    Models aren't normal human beings though.

I got accidentally locked in to a walk-in freezer once. It was summer so it was nice for about 2 minutes. After that? Not so great.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilia A View Post
    I think I saw both of them eating, or did I?. If so, then it it's either a detour task OR, possibly, a fast forward. You know how they love to make them eat nasty things in ff (cow lips? fried bugs? what else, I forgot)
    I always mix them up, and I've been watching TAR since Season Two too. It's just one of those things I just keep doing. Sorry about that.

vCash
    Ridiculously easy Speed Bump ruined this episode for me. Pissed me off from that moment onward ... didn't enjoy the eppy, and so course it went totally rogue and culminated with the elimination of my favorite pair. :

"Walk four feet, and sit on that ice cube". WTF? I mean, really, TAR? Anyone with any meat at all on their azz could withstand that "hardship" ... even for a chance at $100.00 it'd be a mild discomfort. What next - "Breathe for five minutes while you stand lie for a massage by the clue box"?
    I was grumpy the rest of the episode... I hate Speed Bumps!

vCash
    I've spent a lot of time icing various body parts and until you've done it, you have no idea how long - and painful - ten minutes can be. It takes at least ten minutes for numbness to set in, after that it's not that bad but those ten minutes are sheer agony. And for an older person with possibly poor circulation it could be dangerous. I was proud of Dad for taking it so well, although I did wonder if that speed bump had been designed with him in mind. But I like the team so I don't mind if they catch a break.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I always mix them up, and I've been watching TAR since Season Two too. It's just one of those things I just keep doing. Sorry about that.

No, it happens. It's hard to tell from the previews too. I thought the sled was a roadblock when I saw it in the preview last week (and thinking why the heck would Chad make Stephanie do a task where it's so easy for the one watching to lose their patience, I mean he does naturally no need for a catalyst). It turned out to be a detour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    I've spent a lot of time icing various body parts and until you've done it, you have no idea how long - and painful - ten minutes can be. It takes at least ten minutes for numbness to set in, after that it's not that bad but those ten minutes are sheer agony. And for an older person with possibly poor circulation it could be dangerous. I was proud of Dad for taking it so well, although I did wonder if that speed bump had been designed with him in mind. But I like the team so I don't mind if they catch a break.
    I like the team too, but if it was designed with him in mind to the producers, because that's not fair...

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    oh, on every reality competition there are challenges that seem tailor made for one of the competitors/teams. I'm not sure if they create challenges that cater to certain players or choose players with strengths/skills that match challenges already designed (I'm guessing a little of both), but I've no doubt that there is strategy on the production end for some challenges.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234