Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I thought this speed bump was way too easy. Did they even have to drive anywhere to get to it?
    Nope it's within three feet of the clue box. It's much easier than other speed-bumps but it appears to be painful.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Chad continues to be such a Chad.

I'm sure Jill and Thomas could have beaten some of the teams on this detour, I think they'll regret having used the express pass now.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Chad has turned into Nick. I can't believe Jill and Thomas waited to use the pass, although Stephanie is bailing and will probably end up in last place.
    Chad and Stephanie were shown struggling in the previews last week. Ergo, Chad and Stephanie will not be the team eliminated this week.

That's one of the few surefire bets when it comes to TAR editing.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I have officially slid to the basement. Nick and Vicky are still in the race and the Gleeks have been eliminated (they were in my pick 4 and top 4). But my pick 4s finished 1-3. Maybe a glimmer of hope? But I doubt it.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I was cringing watching the guys suffer through that Speed Bump. I love how some are saying, "Oh, that was soooo easy." seem to have not seen they were in shorts while doing that thing. Sitting for 10 minutes on an ice chair w/the proper clothing on, okay, then I'd say it had the possiblity of being an easy Speed Bump, but not in shorts!!

YAY for the Doctors finally showing us why they were one of the Pre Race Faves.

"Sir...Can you take us to the Arctic Circle?"

ROTFLOL!!! Once again, the Mensa Team shows us their brain power.

*Loved* watching this tonight as the Lapland area of Sweden is just gorgeous!!

Looks like we have our first eating Roadblock next week in Norway. Not sure what the Doctors were given in that tease, but it looked pretty disgusting.

vCash
    Team Gleek was far and away my favorite team. I'm so sad they were eliminated. They should have given up on the sledding sooner. I wish this week had been the NEL.

Oh, well, at least the doctors did well.

The speed bump was a joke.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I was cringing watching the guys suffer through that Speed Bump. I love how some are saying, "Oh, that was soooo easy." seem to have not seen they were in shorts while doing that thing. Sitting for 10 minutes on an ice chair w/the proper clothing on, okay, then I'd say it had the possiblity of being an easy Speed Bump, but not in shorts!!
    I'm sure it was no fun to do (especially in shorts)...but it took 10 minutes. And did not take them off the regular race course at all. Time is really the only thing that counts. By far the easiest speed bump we've ever seen.

I fear I'd have been like Jonathan if I'd done the sled detour . It's definitely the faster option, but only if you can maneuver the sled. I would have wanted to try it at least once though, because - what fun!!

I can't remember who my top 4 picks were, but I think I thought the father/son would go out this leg. Too bad for me last week was a NEL! (I do have to bust on them though for deciding to follow Mallory + Dad when they drove right past the clearly marked ICE HOUSE )

ETA: I just checked my predictions and I had Jonathan and Connor in 4th place Fortunately, I didn't have them in my pick 'em list. But now I really really wish I'd gone with Claire and Brooke FTW instead of the volleyball chicks. C/B may not win, but I think they'll last longer. Sigh.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Looks like we have our first eating Roadblock next week in Norway. Not sure what the Doctors were given in that tease, but it looked pretty disgusting.

I think I saw both of them eating, or did I?. If so, then it it's either a detour task OR, possibly, a fast forward. You know how they love to make them eat nasty things in ff (cow lips? fried bugs? what else, I forgot)

vCash
    Ridiculously easy Speed Bump ruined this episode for me. Pissed me off from that moment onward ... didn't enjoy the eppy, and so course it went totally rogue and culminated with the elimination of my favorite pair. :

"Walk four feet, and sit on that ice cube". WTF? I mean, really, TAR? Anyone with any meat at all on their azz could withstand that "hardship" ... even for a chance at $100.00 it'd be a mild discomfort. What next - "Breathe for five minutes while you stand lie for a massage by the clue box"?

vCash
    It looked like the entire head of an animal. I hope it's a FF - easy enough to walk away. Shave my head? Get a tattoo? sure, I'd do that for a FF. Eat a whole cow's head? NO WAY.

I suspect, though, that it's a challenge and they just have to do it. Unless they can pull a Boston Rob and convince other teams to not do it too.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    It looked like the entire head of an animal.

I did not see the previews. And I'll probably leave the room next week during that.

I've been to the Ice Hotel in Quebec, which looks like an exact copy of the Swedish one, and sat in that chair. And it was damn cold. Even with jeans, ski pants and a long North Face quilted coat.
    Last edited by Norlite; 10-18-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I don't recall how long any of them took, but this fan site lists all the prior speed bumps
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    It looked like the entire head of an animal. I hope it's a FF - easy enough to walk away. Shave my head? Get a tattoo? sure, I'd do that for a FF. Eat a whole cow's head? NO WAY.

I suspect, though, that it's a challenge and they just have to do it. Unless they can pull a Boston Rob and convince other teams to not do it too.
    Well, if they're featured, that means they're safe, so we can probably just avoid watching that segment if it looks too icky.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    What next - "Breathe for five minutes while you stand lie for a massage by the clue box"?
    Didn't they already do that when Pinky "are you a CANdle-uh-bruh" and The Brain did their speedbump a couple of seasons back? However, I think their massage took longer and they wound up being eliminated.

Nick and Vicky are the Micah and Canaan of this season. I keep thinking that THIS is the leg that we will see them gone, but no, somehow they keep hanging in there, even when cab drivers can't take them from Africa to the Arctic Circle.

I was rooting for the VB chicks to go this week even though I have them in my top four. They are really mean and also somewhat boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I was rooting for the VB chicks to go this week even though I have them in my top four. They are really mean and also somewhat boring.
    If by "somewhat" boring you mean "truly madly deeply" boring, then ITA.

I suppose that if I were a straight man, I'd notice them more, but I have repeatedly forgotten about them during each episode this season. Oh, wait, there is one memorable thing, albeit unfortunately: Last night's eppy -- the blonde one saying the names of those who had made the earlier flight until it came to "and the Asians"

A casting mistake but also athletic and possibly smart ... ergo a tool for the PTB goal this season: Girl/girl winners come hell or high water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    If by "somewhat" boring you mean "truly madly deeply" boring, then ITA.

I suppose that if I were a straight man, I'd notice them more, but I have repeatedly forgotten about them during each episode this season.
    I'm a lesbian who thinks (indoor) volleyball players are hot, and I keep forgetting about them too. They are zzzzzzz. They are so zzzzz that I didn't even catch the "Asians" comment

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I'm assuming with the speed bump that if they lifted their butts or stood for some brief moment of relief the clock would start again? So was it easy because they toughed it out for 10 minutes because having sat on ice in a similar temperature setting it would burn like hell sitting on that cube in the clothing they were wearing. To keep yourself from lifting your butt off that cube for even a second would require some mental strength. I think a different team might not have had such an easy time.

Unfortunately last night I realized the team I liked best were the ones who left us
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Being adopted, I loved the birth mother/daughter team and they're gone. I also loved the goofy glee-club nerds, and now they're gone. And yet Nicky and partner are still rolling along. There is no justice.

This is the first season that all of my personal favourites are getting bumped off early.

I like the doctors so I guess I'm cheering for them full-out from here on in.

vCash
    Part of me really wants an all girl team to win - and the doctors or Claire/Brooke would be great (forget the volleyball players, they are zzzz as previously stated).
    But I like the parent/child teams. Both are great. I really like Mallory. She might be annoying, but she does have a pure joy that I like. So hopefully which ever type of team wins of these 2, the other can win next time.
    Sad to see the gleeks go. But missing their graduation, wow, that is a sacrifice.
    Also loved they did some work on the school in the beginning.
    Next week looks promising.

vCash
    I'll miss the "Gleeks"!
    They had a never to be forgotten exit with Phil, though.
    Good for them!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast