Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 695
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I'm in the West and my Heart in the East
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Eurovision 2011- Duesseldorf

    Eurovision 2011 is going to be held in Duesseldorf.

    First semi final will be on May 10, the second semi final will be on May 12, and the finals will be on May 14.

    ETA: Due to Israel's Independence Day, which will be on May 10, Israel will be participating on the second semi final.
    Last edited by Eden; 10-17-2010 at 02:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Official FSU Alte Kacher
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking through my D7100 viewfinder
    Posts
    12,077
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20374
    Here’s hoping there’s a voidier bunch than last year.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just heard on the national radio this morning that anybody can sign up and send in their songs. This is the list of the already submitted songs: Possible Eurovision Entries

    Each week a few songs will be discussed and a jury of three people considering the public's opinion will decide what song goes to the next stage.
    In November the public can vote what three songs will go to the final round and those will be presented on telly on 11 December and the public may vote
    Last edited by Jackie Sparrow; 10-19-2010 at 01:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,509
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Here’s hoping there’s a voidier bunch than last year.
    Same here, last year was rather underwhelming compared to the previous couple of years.

    Jackie - I like the Swiss democratic way of doing it.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Jackie - I like the Swiss democratic way of doing it.
    A democracy we are, indeed This will be the first time (ever?) that an unknown act will participate

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,509
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well the celebrities kinda failed so you might as well fail without embarrassing an established artist. ;D

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well the celebrities kinda failed so you might as well fail without embarrassing an established artist. ;D
    That's the plan

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yay, Eurovision!


  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I'm in the West and my Heart in the East
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    Each week a few songs will be discussed and a jury of three people considering the public's opinion will decide what song goes to the next stage.
    In November the public can vote what three songs will go to the final round and those will be presented on telly on 11 December and the public may vote
    I think that Swiss was always underestimated country in the ESC, so maybe this way of chosing a song will bring better results.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I'm in the West and my Heart in the East
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There were rumors in Israel for a long time regarding Harel Skaat's (Israel's entry to ESC 2010) sexual preferences.
    So, today he finally came out as gay on a documentry film in Israel's channel 2.

    "G-D created me in a certain way - Skaat says there - I am perfectly happy with that way. I want to have a life partner without hiding him at home. I am not ashamed, and not affraid anymore". (Channel 2 in Hebrew)

    This is the only thing I found in English.

    The other report is in Italian?! Not sure about that...
    Last edited by Eden; 10-26-2010 at 09:11 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    There were rumors in Israel for a long time regarding Harel Skaat's (Israel's entry to ESC 2010) sexual preferences.
    So, today he finally came out today as gay on a documentry film in Israel's channel 2.
    Ah, that's great! Good for him!


  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    There were rumors in Israel for a long time regarding Harel Skaat's (Israel's entry to ESC 2010) sexual preferences.
    So, today he finally came out today as gay on a documentry film in Israel's channel 2.

    "G-D created me in a certain way - Skaat says there - I am perfectly happy with that way. I want to have a life partner without hiding him at home. I am not ashamed, and not affraid anymore". (Channel 2 in Hebrew)

    This is the only thing I found in English.

    The other report is in Italian?! Not sure about that...
    A friend of mine, a radio commentator, was at the Eurovision and had a very intimate encounter with Harel I could have confirmed the rumours a long time ago

  13. #13
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,419
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    26080
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    A friend of mine, a radio commentator, was at the Eurovision and had a very intimate encounter with Harel I could have confirmed the rumours a long time ago
    You have all the good gossip!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    A friend of mine, a radio commentator, was at the Eurovision and had a very intimate encounter with Harel I could have confirmed the rumours a long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    You have all the good gossip!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    I just heard on the national radio this morning that anybody can sign up and send in their songs. This is the list of the already submitted songs: Possible Eurovision Entries

    Each week a few songs will be discussed and a jury of three people considering the public's opinion will decide what song goes to the next stage.
    In November the public can vote what three songs will go to the final round and those will be presented on telly on 11 December and the public may vote
    being so democratic may mean that you'll be also invaded by talent-free Polish singers. one of them, the infamous Gosia Anrdrzejewicz apparently submitted her song to Swiss preselections...be careful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    There were rumors in Israel for a long time regarding Harel Skaat's (Israel's entry to ESC 2010) sexual preferences.
    So, today he finally came out today as gay on a documentry film in Israel's channel 2.

    "G-D created me in a certain way - Skaat says there - I am perfectly happy with that way. I want to have a life partner without hiding him at home. I am not ashamed, and not affraid anymore". (Channel 2 in Hebrew)

    Not sure about that...
    from February to June I had classes with a gay teacher of Hebrew origins who knew Harel personally...so I knew it, as well

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    I'm in the West and my Heart in the East
    Posts
    7,155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    from February to June I had classes with a gay teacher of Hebrew origins who knew Harel personally...so I knew it, as well
    I think almost every Israeli knew it. It was like an open secret.
    Many guessed it during the TV show Kokhav Nolad (Israeli version of American Idol), which discovered Harel in 2004.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Guys, my brother produced a song which they entered for the Swiss Eurovision Song selection. The three songs with the most votes will be able to go to the final selection show on 11 December. Voting starts today at 12pm CET. I'll give you the link.
    VOTE FOR MY BROTHER!!! The song is called "Miracle Lover" by Sara. Wheeeeeeeee!
    You can find all the songs here.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    psfoty's neighbourhood
    Posts
    8,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    22404
    Lol, Skaat rumour was sort of a known fact here in Israel. And no one cared...

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    Guys, my brother produced a song which they entered for the Swiss Eurovision Song selection. The three songs with the most votes will be able to go to the final selection show on 11 December. Voting starts today at 12pm CET. I'll give you the link.
    VOTE FOR MY BROTHER!!! The song is called "Miracle Lover" by Sara. Wheeeeeeeee!
    You can find all the songs here.
    Done! Good luck to your brother!


  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Done! Good luck to your brother!

    You're the best

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •