vCash

BWI airport parking question

I'm planning a trip to Kentucky next week, and I'm flying out of BWI. I've used this airport once or twice, but haven't driven myself there. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has any comments on how easy it is to find the various parking garages/lots. I'm thinking of the Express Parking lot. I'll be coming from north of Baltimore.

Also, how bad are the security lines typically? My flight is at 9 am on a weekday, and I'm planning to get to the airport around 7.

TIA!

vCash
    The Security lines are usually quick compared to Dulles and Reagan.

I can't help you on the parking as I usually park in the daily garage.

vCash
    I usually get a cab or other transport there, to avoid parking - lol, so I've never directly experienced the lots, but I have seen lots of signs so I think everything is well-marked. Depending on the lot, you may be able to walk to the terminal, but there I believe there is a shuttle.

As for lines, it depends on the airline. Southwest and USAir lines are usually long. I think it took about 20-30 minutes to get through security at around 9:30 am when flying SW to Cleveland ('09 Nats). I flew United once and got through security (at 7 am) in about 5 minutes.

I think if you get there 2 hours early, you should be fine. But I'm thinking about what time you'll need to wake up (I am so not a morning person ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I think if you get there 2 hours early, you should be fine. But I'm thinking about what time you'll need to wake up (I am so not a morning person ).
    Yes, I'll need to be up early. About 30 minutes earlier than usual, so it won't be too bad. But I won't get to eat breakfast until I get to the airport. Still debating about taking a shuttle. Then I could doze until I got to the airport. We'll see...

Beach Bum
    vCash
    The security lines at BWI can look really long and scary, but they move really fast. I have been so far down the hall that I thought I would miss my flight, but it only took 20 minutes.

I don't recall having any trouble finding the parking lots.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I flew out of BWI a few months ago and didn't have any issues with security hold ups. Everything was quick and efficient as far as remember. I'm no help with the parking, my friend who I was staying with for the weekend dropped me off

vCash
    I have only parked in long term parking since I tend to use BWI for family vacations. I come up from the south and all the airport signs seem pretty clear, but I think by the time you see parking signage, it doesn't matter which direction you came from.

I like BWI, including security lines, better than Philly. Is that a recommendation, lol?

vCash
    Thanks for all the input! I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn on Wednesday (actually, hours before dawn, LOL) and driving myself. I think it will be fine.