Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaSherka View Post
    A quick add to literaryfreak's music comment - all skaters simply skated to the full Riverdance score, which includes flamenco and tap numbers.
    Ah, so that explains it! Sorry, I've never actually seen Riverdance before. The last time I saw some of it, I was probably 10.

vCash
    Just got home. It was the Riverdance show, with skaters on ice a the sametime. when the dancers were on, it was hard to decide to watch dancers or skaters. When it was just musicians, easier to appreciate. Dancers were fab.
    I got there early, and Nancy and Michelle were taping stuff that is probably for the tv show. They were explaining what the show Riverdance was, and they kept retaping as one made a mistake, then apologized and they were laughing. Both looked lovely.
    Sasha was the first to skate after the group/intro. She had the prettiest green dress, one of the prettiest on a skater I have ever seen (IMHO). Skated very well, great charlottes/spirals.
    Everyone skated well.
    Treat to see Evora & Ladwig - it was announced they were last minute replacements. Just love that they are getting this type of opportunity. Definitely their program seem 'competitive'
    Jeff - just love how he is becoming an entertainer (compared to first time I saw him several years ago).
    Shae - just lovely. I always enjoyed her with Victor, but every time I see her solo, she seems so happy and more of a presence on her own.
    Wess - always the entertainer, skated with Shae for one song, so in comparison he seemed stiff in his 'Irish' steps.
    Tanith & Ben - nice to see, lovely skating.
    Joannie - very good skating, seems very confident, lovely
    Todd - always good, showing some personality
    Stephen Cousins -a crowd pleaser
    Emily Hughes - I always enjoy her, but she always seems rushed, but lots of energy.
    I really had the sense the skaters had fun doing this.
    Loved the live music! And glad to see Riverdance live, as I am pretty sure I read somewhere that it will not be touring much more.
    Good audience, over half full.
    And the power outage and the cellphones were funny. I guess no one has lighters anymore.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    ETA: One of Evora/Ladwig's performances. I thought they were doing Romeo and Juliet based on the costumes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Jh-qGhUos
    Thank you SOOO much for that video of Amanda & Mark! Those are actually their costumes from their 2006 LP (which was to Romeo & Juliet) and I have a feeling, especially with being added to this show at the last minute, that they grabbed whatever costumes they thought would work for their numbers and just went with the flow. They use a lot of their previous competition costumes for shows and practices so I'm not surprised by this. Those were beautiful costumes and I'll enjoy seeing them again in the broadcast (hoping they don't get chacked!). Thanks again for the video and I'm still beyond thrilled they got this opportunity!

They looked like they did part of their SP/LP and modified some of the step sequences to fit the Riverdance theme, but what I really liked was their look for the finale. They came in on some of the drum beats and with Amanda in a red dress & black tights looked very cutting edge. Sasherka and I looked at each other and went "that's a good look for them" at the same time. Maybe you could let them know that's something to look into for next season .
    Thanks for this tidbit and I'll definitely let them know!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Thanks for all the reports so far. Looking forward to hearing more news about the show.

Can't wait to see the broadcast on February 19, 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Thank you SOOO much for that video of Amanda & Mark! Those are actually their costumes from their 2006 LP (which was to Romeo & Juliet) and I have a feeling, especially with being added to this show at the last minute, that they grabbed whatever costumes they thought would work for their numbers and just went with the flow. They use a lot of their previous competition costumes for shows and practices so I'm not surprised by this. Those were beautiful costumes and I'll enjoy seeing them again in the broadcast (hoping they don't get chacked!). Thanks again for the video and I'm still beyond thrilled they got this opportunity!
    I had never seen the costumes before so I was trying to wrack my brain to remember if they were doing Romeo and Juliet this season. But they're from a past season, thanks! For one of the other numbers, they wore the green/turquoise shiny costumes that we see so often, and one girl behind me was like, "Haha, they always wear those costumes," which annoyed me a little, because these costumes are expensive and if I were a skater, I'd reuse them as much as possible too. But then the person went on to say, "But that's ok, I love the costumes so it doesn't matter."

I have a short clip of Amanda and Mark in the red and black costumes ioana was talking about, I'll upload it when I can.

It turns out there was a reception afterward. I'm a little that I left before it (I knew this would happen), but it's probably a good thing I didn't get the chance to accidentally embarrass myself by saying something stupid in front of the skaters.

vCash
    I only took clips of the skaters, because I wanted to enjoy them without the camera:

Belbin/Agosto's 2nd number, in their original Ave Maria costumes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r297sXIGMlw

vCash
    A few short clips to encourage viewing the full show in February

On and off ice duels:
    Irish dancers vs tap dancers and Stephen Cousins vs Jeff Buttle

Shae's riverdancing

Shae with Irish Dancers

Finale
    Last edited by SaSherka; 10-17-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: fixed the Finale link
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    Thanks so much for the videos! What a cool show. I really wish I could have gone but um, I'm at a family reunion in Florida, so...

vCash
    I went to the show last night! It's going to be very interesting to see what's actually shown on TV in Feb. There's were times when I didn't know who to watch...dancers or skaters!

Here's a quick tip to anyone that's going to a Disson show being taped for TV : Buy the cheap seats.... 5 minutes before the show...the bottom half of the arena was empty...(seems everyone purchased the cheaper seats) I thought to myself...it's not going to look to good on TV...Well guess what...they had all those people move down and fill in all the seats close to the ice! I myself benefited from this...I had purchased mid-range seats...center ice...but row 14....I wound up in row 3!! This also happen to me a few years ago at the Celtic Woman Ice show!!

As mentioned before Michelle Kwan and Nancy Kerrigan hosted, but they were only there at the start of the show.

The opening was fabulous. Loved the costumes! I wrote down the skating order: Sasha had the first solo, the Joannie and Steven shared a number she skated solo at first then he came out skated a little bit with her..then him solo and they ended the program together. Then B/A then Mike W. did any awesome number with the guy Riverdancers on stage...it was one of my favorite of the evening! Then Shae-Lynn did a flamenco number while a dancer was on stage. Evora & Ladwig were next (they filled in for the Kerrs, who had to pull out cause of an injury) it was a nice chance to see them! Emily, then Jeff...then it was B&A again....I was wondering what happen to Todd...he was in the opening...then we never saw him again during the first half! Riverdance closed out the first half with an amazing number!!!

After intermission "Spirit of Ireland" was performed by some children from a dance school! The were great!! I had seen them all in the lobby of the arena as I arrived. Riverdance resumed the with another amazing number on stage!
    E&L skated next I think this was the number were they had a wonky landing on a triple throw (they did a retake later and nailed it!)
    Jeff and Steven had a "Skate off" on ice while the dancers had a "dance off"on stage....dancers won that one...the were fantastic!!! Next was Joannie, her costume was a deep purple with lots of sparkles...it was during her spin that we lost power!! It took about 15/20 minutes to be up and running again and they started her number from the top!! Mike and Shae-Lynn had a nice number together! Shae is a pro at Riverdancing...lol
    Then Sasha....might I say that she is skating stronger than ever...No falls, no wobbles...jumps were solid!! Then Finally Todd's solo! He really knocked it out of the park!! It was another favorite program of mine from the evening!!
    Then the finale stated...skaters came out one by one...then in little groups...The show closed with another amazing (have I used that word enough??) Riverdance!! Emily, E&L were the only skaters to do retakes....Riverdancers also did a retake on one number!! What a fabulous night!!!

vCash
    Thank you SaSherka and everyone, for the video links and the show reports - we totally appreciate it! And YES, we plan to watch the show when it airs on TV in Feb!!

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    Here are my photos from last night's show. We were sitting directly behind one of the camera guys, so there is a nice black blob in some of the pictures. That was the camera guy. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/a...0&id=505273970
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    I had never seen the costumes before so I was trying to wrack my brain to remember if they were doing Romeo and Juliet this season. But they're from a past season, thanks! For one of the other numbers, they wore the green/turquoise shiny costumes that we see so often, and one girl behind me was like, "Haha, they always wear those costumes," which annoyed me a little, because these costumes are expensive and if I were a skater, I'd reuse them as much as possible too. But then the person went on to say, "But that's ok, I love the costumes so it doesn't matter."
    I saw some pictures recently of the show (thanks Chele!) and those were actually their LP costumes from just this past year. It probably did seem like they wear them all the time since that's the last outfit any casual skating fan saw them wear earlier this year, LOL Green actually works well for this show since it was a Riverdance theme so they may have brought those on purpose (or just so people would remember who they are since it's been nine months since the Olympics, LOL). Thanks again for all the info and just for the record, I would have been annoyed with that person too but at least they liked the costumes!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Wow, that green dress Sasha wore is gorgeous. I love it!

Excited to see this on TV. I went to Riverdance when it was in Hollywood (I think?) when I was like...14.

vCash
    Thanks for more reviews, video clips, and gorgeous photos!

vCash
    I was there too. Totally agree about Sasha's lovely green dress. And, Jeff Buttle never looked better than in his emerald green shirt! Green is definitely his color.

I noticed Tenley Albright and her daughter Elin walking to their seats, ditto for Nancy Kerrigan's husband and kids. Her oldest boy is really turning into a handsome young man!

Nancy and Michelle looked gorgeous in their respective red and blue dresses. I wished they had come back to announce farewells at the end of the show. There was another woman not on the stage doing announcements but none of the skaters were identified during the performance. All the skaters were named at once before they appeared at all. Todd was identified as a six-time Olympic champion.

This was Shae-Lynn's time to shine, especially. I was also very impressed with Mike's musicality, which just gets better and better.

This was a terrific show which I hope won't be spoiled by the Disson TV editing. Great concept - hope they can do more of this sort of thing.

vCash
    Did Shae's dress look familiar to anyone? I could swear it was similar to the one she wore when she and Vic skated an OD using the music Seachran in 1998?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Did Shae's dress look familiar to anyone? I could swear it was similar to the one she wore when she and Vic skated an OD using the music Seachran in 1998?
    I believe that's right. I recognized it, too. Good use of old costumes in this show (and some brilliant new ones).

vCash
    I've uploaded a few more videos, of Joannie Rochette, Jeffrey Buttle, Shae-Lynn, and Evora/Ladwig here: http://www.youtube.com/user/teddyjo26. I'm sorry it's taken me this long.

The one entitled "Ending Number" has Amanda and Mark in the red and black outfits.

Bringing Albinoni Back
    vCash
    Oh gosh, I can't wait to see this on TV! I loved the video of Shae's flamenco number.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    vCash
    Thank you so much for the videos! Can I post a link to those on Amanda & Mark's Facebook page?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast