Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Riverdance on Ice

Show is tomorrow in Lowell, Mass. Anybody going? Post reviews please!

vCash
    YES...I'm going!!! Looks to be a great show!! I"ll post sometime Sunday when I return home!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Joannie's participating, according to her Facebook page

vCash
    Cast looks great with Joannie, Sasha, Jeff B, Mike W., Todd E., Belbin & Agosto, Steven Cousins, Shae-Lynn, Emily Hughes, and Evora & Ladwig The Kerrs were supposed to be in this, but I read Sinead has an injury!

Kostner Softie
    vCash

Shae-Lynn... how fitting!

moving right along
    vCash
    Link to an interview with Todd Eldredge re: this show can be found here.

vCash
    Thank you, LadyNit!

vCash
    Tanith just tweeted that she's excited to skate riverdance footwork with Shae in the finale for about 5 seconds!! She likened it to getting to do an allyoop with Jordan LOL!! It will be wonderful!!

vCash
    Ioana, moi and a friend are at the 2/3 empty arena. Show time is already t+5 minutes.
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    I live very nearby but these shows zzzzz me. Of course, they must be better live than on TV, since you can actually watch the skating. I hope more people arrive and the show does well.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan is in da house. Hosting the show with Nancy Kerrigan. I may be more excited about Riverdance!!
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    Intermission time. Joannie did a 3 flip, Jeff's program best suited the accompanying music and he did 3sal, 2a and a gorgeous 3lutz. Fun flamenco program from Shae with matching moves by flamenco dancer on stage. E&L did what looked like a modified version of a competitive program sans sbs jumps and throws. Fun show so far
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    Keep us posted on the second half, when you get a minute to do so! Glad you're enjoying it!!

vCash
    Woohoo power outage in the whole building. Audience entertains itself by lighting the arena with cellphones. "Never a dull moment in TV making. Reminder that you will see a perfect show on TV in February" Huge cheer as the lights slowly reappear. Joannie gets a reskate!
    lurking and delurking

vCash
    And the show is over. A couple retakes, for that perfect tv moment.
    We were a small, but a very enthusiastic crowd! I spotted another fsuer with a large camera, so there may be photos later. Mine are just blurry snapshots from a small p&s.
    lurking and delurking

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Thank you for the reports (and hopefully photos!) from this show! I was thrilled to find out Amanda & Mark were added to the cast although I was sad to hear it was because the Kerrs had to pull out of the show. It sounds like a great show and I look forward to seeing it on TV.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    thanks for the real-time reports! Even the power outage - oikes!! Did they have live music along with the floor dancers? Was it awesome???

Yes, looking forward to pics if there are any! YAY!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I went to the show too, and it was just as SaSherka said. I had forgotten just how dramatic Riverdance is. It might beat out figure skating in that regard! I think a lot of people were there because their son/daughter was performing. Everyone looked super polished and gorgeous - Tanith and Ben were lovely and smooth. Sasha does hit the loveliest positions. Joannie looked so fit - I wish more female skaters could have that extra muscle that she has. Evora and Ladwig were so beautiful too, I love seeing their lifts live. This was also the first time I'd ever seen Shae-Lynn live. Wow, does she have charisma! Everyone around me was talking about that. All of the skaters did Irish music of sorts. Which is why I was a little when Shae-Lynn did a flamenco program for her first number, since she's the one skater there who actually does have an Irish program (a Riverdance FD, of all things) associated with her! But she did an Irish number in the 2nd half that garnered a lot of applause.

I took some videos that I'll post whenever I get the chance. For now, here's Belbin/Agosto's first number: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMmcbDA7ptc

If anyone wants more info about certain skaters, let me know! For the others who went, was there an autograph signing at the end? I left after E/L redid their throw but before some of the step dancers redid their part.

ETA: One of Evora/Ladwig's performances. I thought they were doing Romeo and Juliet based on the costumes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Jh-qGhUos
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 10-17-2010 at 04:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Thank you for the reports (and hopefully photos!) from this show! I was thrilled to find out Amanda & Mark were added to the cast although I was sad to hear it was because the Kerrs had to pull out of the show.
    They looked like they did part of their SP/LP and modified some of the step sequences to fit the Riverdance theme, but what I really liked was their look for the finale. They came in on some of the drum beats and with Amanda in a red dress & black tights looked very cutting edge. Sasherka and I looked at each other and went "that's a good look for them" at the same time. Maybe you could let them know that's something to look into for next season .

vCash
    A quick add to literaryfreak's music comment - all skaters simply skated to the full Riverdance score, which includes flamenco and tap numbers.
    lurking and delurking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast