vCash

Which OD dance sequence would like to become a CD?

K&P's Golden Waltz was made into the difficult CD. What other great ODs would you like to become CDs and test the ice dancers' mettle?

Personally, I'd love to see Torvill and Dean's 1994 OD Rhuma into a CD. Particularly, two-thirds into the dance when they do their famous "Moonwalk," the dance becomes even more very precise and tough to execute.

vCash

Rhumba d'Amour (based on T&D rhumba)

This was actually attempted. The CD, as created, had 1.5 iterations rather than 2. It was performed in demonstrations, but never officially accepted.

If the SD format is retained, I think one iteration of the Rhumba D'Amour could be used as part of an SD, and I'd liketo see it.

vCash
    For me, Klimova & Ponomarenko's tango in 1988 (looks so deceptively simple) and Grishuk & Platov's quickstep in 1995 which was one of the most difficult od's of all time.

vCash
    My favorite OD is DelShoes 2008, but I think this format is too difficult for a CD.

vCash
    There is no possibility of anyone's OD (Original Dance) becoming a CD (Compulsory Dance). Many of the CD's, including the Golden Waltz and the Yankee Polka, started out as OSP's (Original Set Patterns) but they in no way resembled "Original Dances" which are really mini-freedances.

The Original Set Pattern dance required that the skaters execute a pattern dance which is once and around the rink, and then do it again. OD's are a series of required elements done to a specific rhythm or rhythms, the placement and order of these elements being at the discretion of the skaters.

vCash
    The only one they took from an OD and turned into a CD was the Finnstep. But that was before the current format and it would be impossible to create a CD out of any of the ODs being performed under today's rules.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I would love to see parts of G&P's Libertango OD turned into a new tango CD. Well, turned into a CD sequence since that's what we get now.

With the change in the dance format, it would be a good opportunity to mix things up by having new CD sequences for the couples to learn and perform instead of repeating the same ones every few years, especially if the new sequences are based on programs of past legends in the sport.

In addition to the already mentioned T&D Rhumba and the R&K" "Finnstep", you could take parts of K&P's 92 Polka, A&P's 98 Jive, U&Z's 91 Blues, G&P's 95 Quickstep (they get 2 becuase they won 2 OG's ), etc.

vCash
    Well if they want to keep this new Short Dance format alive, ISU really needs some new and complex Compulsory patterns and with a more variety of rhythms. Most of the CDs are too outdated.

I would loove a pattern inspired by GrishukPlatovs Libertango, dunno if that is possible though.