View Poll Results: Which do you believe that you yourself would be better at?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pairs Skating

24 28.92%
  • Ice-Dancing

59 71.08%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Do you believe that you yourself would be better at Ice-Dancing or Pairs Skating?

Ok...what I want to ask you all today is...just from what you believe from knowing about yourself...do you believe that you would make a better Pairs Skater or Ice-Dancer? Please include thereason for your vote and why you'd think you'd be better at your choice. As well as which one you would actually love to do more given a choice. Or both if you would want to do both. For example....

I voted for Ice-Dancer...and here's why.....Because I have found myself to be a natual on Ice with being able to Dance (at least alone) LOL. So even though I tripped over my Partners feet in a Public Skate. I do beleive I do find myself being able to Ice-Dance very well indeed. If I was trained. All because of my gift to Dance.

Given a choice I myself would love to do both!!! As there both 2 of my fav. Disciplines.

Ok people...GO!!!!!!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I chose ice dance because I think I'm too old to do triple jumps (let alone double jumps)! Although (level 4) twizzles could be the death of me, too...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I would find the twizzles hard but I love the choreography that goes into Dance compared to Pairs.
    But Pairs would be for me I think since I'm 22 and I think by now I would be able to do jumps and lift my partner.

vCash
    I honestly can't decide. I do both.. but only singles competitively. I like both and don't really even think I'm better at one over the other.

vCash
    Pairs Skating for sure!!

because first, I hate doing dance. I love to watch but not to do it myself. I am not able to do twizzles more than one rotation so forget about ice dancing lol.

I love so much to do jumps and spins and I did some pairs skating with my coach last season. We practiced a throw waltz jump, an easy lift and side by side spins, so I know what it is to skate in pairs.
    I am also small(somewhere between Anabelle Langlois and Jamie Salé) so I could be a pair skater. Each year, at the club's show, they take me for the lifts in our number lol. I wish I would have started skating when I was a kid instead of a few years ago.

vCash
    Dance cuz I'm too old to jump too plus don't need be thrown in the air thx. But I do wish I could be like Elena and Anton

vCash
    Definately Pairs skating!

vCash
    Dance. Coz I am too tall to be a female pair skater.

vCash
    Um... why is it in GSD and not Trash Can?

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    I'm too tall (1.69 m) for Pairs so I went with Ice Dance
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Watch me move
    vCash
    I can pretty much guarantee I would be better at pairs skating. I know for sure I am *not* good at ice dance. I have done some pairs throw jumps and LOVED them. Whee! But I would have to find someone about 7 feet tall with superhman lifting strength to be my partner, and I don't think that person exists.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Well, I am already an ice dancer. For obious reason : I'm fascinated by edges.
    My partner thinks like me, so, we never tried any throw jump. Just some spins together. But now, there are spins in ice dancing !

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Errr . . . in which category do I fit if I want to be like the Protopopovs

vCash
    Ice dancing. There's not a person in the world I would trust to lift me. Fear of heights + not a trusting person = extremely bad pairs skater.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I voted for ice dancing because I definately wouldn't want to do the high lifts that they do in pairs...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    If I could reincarnate, I want to be ice dancer

vCash
    This one is easy for me. I am way to tall to be a pairs skater!

vCash
    Ice dancing for sure. I quit figure skating when I was younger since I just couldn't jump. Since I'm close to 140 lbs, I'm also too heavy for pairs.. probably too tall too.

vCash
    Pairs, probably. At slightly under 5'2", I'm short enough and I don't fear heights at all. But really, I'm not built like a skater at all. My boobs are too big and they'll be too big no matter how much weight I lose

vCash
    I'm 4'11".

Pairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast