Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahclear View Post
    My two sisters are I are 31, 32, and 33 - and they (the 32 and 33) are not a year apart. One was born May 30, 1978 and the other June 2nd, 1977. We were all very, very prem.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I'm 33 and this is our first. It took us 3 months after I stopped taking the pill. My cycle was messed up for the first couple months though so it was hard to keep track. I didn't want to start charting and doing the basal thermometer thing cause I knew it would just stress me and DF out lol. I'm guessing that we'll start trying for a second after we get married (which we're planning for September 2012) so there will be a couple of years between the two. We're thinking 2 but leaving the option open for a 3rd.

As PP have said.. if you wait for a perfect time to have kids you'll never have them. You kinda gotta just bite the bullet and say.. okay lets do this. I agree though.. living in the same city would be a must have for me too lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redonthehead View Post
    Yep my daughter's best friend and her brother share the same birthday exactly one year apart. At the hospital they asked her mom if they were going to see her the next year on June 21st!
    It must depend on how much they sleep. I had a really hard three months. I don't know if it's that my kid was a very poor sleeper or that I just don't handle sleep deprivation very well. But something had to change or I was going to lose my mind. Things have gotten better. I make sure to get at least a four hour stretch per night, plus shorter stretches. Compos mentis achieved!

That's why the idea of two in such short order would terrify me. Mine's a little fussy on top of it all, but it's pretty ok as long as I've gotten some sleep.

vCash
    One of my mom's best friends married at age 19 and had her first of four daughters at age 20. Twenty years later, while planning the oldest daughter's wedding, she found out she was very unexpectedly pregnant. She was seven months pregnant at her daughter's wedding and her son and granddaughter are less than a year and a half apart.

Meanwhile, another of my mom's friends, who also got married and had kids young, tried for a third child in her late thirties/early forties and wasn't able to gt pregnant.

I always thought I'd have my kids in my late 20's - like my mom did (Sh was 27, 28 and 31) - but now I'm 22 and 27 seems so soon

vCash
    you guys are freaking me out that i'm 28 and don't even have a boyfriend!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    One of my mom's best friends married at age 19 and had her first of four daughters at age 20. Twenty years later, while planning the oldest daughter's wedding, she found out she was very unexpectedly pregnant. She was seven months pregnant at her daughter's wedding and her son and granddaughter are less than a year and a half apart.

Just like Father of the Bride

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    you guys are freaking me out that i'm 28 and don't even have a boyfriend!
    Don't worry, I'm 35 and I don't! It happens.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Funny, since I graduated from high school over 20 years ago and half my female classmates are just now having babies.
    My mom had me at 26 and she EASILY won the "oldest kid" recognition at her 40-year HS reunion by like, 10 years. Even back then it was considered pretty young. All my friends have parents who are older than my mom, although there's an age gap between my parents so my dad is a "normal" age for having children as old as we are. Also not sure if it's a cultural thing, since many modern Asian families emphasize education and career over having kids early.

I'm not too worried about kids. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, whater. Although I haven't hit 30 where supposedly my babymaking hormones will go haywire.

As I see it, the world needs less people adding to the population and more education of the people already here, so that's what I'd be focusing on. But that's just for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    My mom had me at 26 and she EASILY won the "oldest kid" recognition at her 40-year HS reunion by like, 10 years. Even back then it was considered pretty young.
    I am a year away from my 40th reunion. I had my first at 31, which was on the older side of average for the time. I would say the norm was between 26 and 34 for a first child. A lot of women, like me, wanted to establish themselves in a career, not just get an education.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahclear View Post
    It must depend on how much they sleep. I had a really hard three months. I don't know if it's that my kid was a very poor sleeper or that I just don't handle sleep deprivation very well. But something had to change or I was going to lose my mind. Things have gotten better. I make sure to get at least a four hour stretch per night, plus shorter stretches. Compos mentis achieved!

That's why the idea of two in such short order would terrify me. Mine's a little fussy on top of it all, but it's pretty ok as long as I've gotten some sleep.
    It wasn't actually planned They were only going to have 1 because he had 2 kids from a previous marriage but it was her first marriage so she wanted at least 1. Her dr was a Christian dr that didn't believe in preventing pregnancy so he wouldn't do a tubal and my dr., who she was going to get to do the tubal, wouldn't do them until your baby was 3 months old. So, things happen

I understand. With my daughter, even though my pregnancy was rough (ie extremely sick and caught everything under the sun but luckily no gestational diabetes or hb pressure), she was a great baby. Slept, ate, and hardly ever cried. The only issue was I wasn't able to breastfeed because she wouldn't latch on and she lost too much weight trying. But with my son, totally different. If he had been the first, we probably wouldn't have had another one. I did not enjoy being pregnant at all and he was a rough baby. Now he's the sweetheart most of the time and she's the drama kid.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    My only concern with waiting too long to have children, as in 55 or older, is the long range health of the parent. If you have a child at 55, you will be 73 when that child graduates from HS. 77 when the child graduates from college. My worry would be: being around for my child's future & grandchildren. But that is my personal thing.
    This too wasn't planned. They had been trying for years to have a baby and it just didn't happen. Then what she thought was menapause was pregnancy. Personally, I wouldn't want a baby at that age.
    Have you hugged your kids and told them you love them today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_Charles View Post
    Rachel doesn't look anorexic. Thin, yes, but not sickly. (Just my opinion, of course!)
    Yeah, Rachel is clearly in great shape.
    IMHO, she, Danes, and a few others are on this list because the folks at Us Magazine find fit women (at least those without implants) "scary."
    Muscles everywhere, and no breasts? Oh the horror!

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Don't worry, I'm 35 and I don't! It happens.
    36 on Sunday, and still happily single. I'm enjoying my best years without anyone hanging on my coattails.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    IMHO, she, Danes, and a few others are on this list because the folks at Us Magazine find fit women (at least those without implants) "scary."
    I'm so glad I'm not famous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    I don't know if Rachel is in great shape. I admit, I don't watch the show. I only saw it once, about a year ago. Didn't she have some sort of physical collapse on the show?

But, I agree there were some very fit women on the list who are hardly emaciated looking. Most notably Kelly Rippa, she has an amazing body!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    But, I agree there were some very fit women on the list who are hardly emaciated looking. Most notably Kelly Rippa, she has an amazing body!
    ITA about Kelly. She didn't look too thin at all, just very fit and ready to go.

Clare Danes doesn't really look thin in her pic so much as incredibly long waisted. Not a good look in a bikini, IMO, but certainly not emaciated.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456