Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    The good news is Sandra will be (no doubt fully) occupied with BOTB for the next 5 weeks (almost til the end of the GP) - so maybe we won't see her until the GPF, if at all.

And the good news is Terry's back!

vCash
    Yay! Glad to know Terry will be back!

Also, what happened to Peggy Flaming? I enjoyed her commentary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Also, what happened to Peggy Flaming? I enjoyed her commentary.
    Peggy Fleming () hasn't done commentary since 2008 when ABC's skating contract ended after Worlds that year.

Sandra is in Canada right now for "Battle of the Blades," but I'm sure we'll see her in Greensboro for Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Peggy Fleming () hasn't done commentary since 2008 when ABC's skating contract ended after Worlds that year.
    Oops! It was just a typo!

I miss her commentary.

vCash
    This will be interesting.
    I'm really psyched for Terry Gannon's return to skating commentary.

vCash
    Deleted

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Hopefully, Tara will limit talking about herself the way she did during the Worlds broadcast. I'm not familiar with Michael's work behind the mic, but he can't be worse than Scott or Peter.
    I haven't really heard either Tara or Mike, but I'm looking forward to them both. I guess NBC is looking for "newer models," so if those two perform well, they'll probably end up as keepers.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    YAY TERRY!!!!!!!! Boy have I missed hearing his voice during skating competitions!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Yay for Terry Gannon. I'm glad he got to host the skating show on Universal Sports during the Olympics, too. Tara's not bad at commentary. But Michael Weiss is. Even though most here thought he did a good job last year, I found I could not HEAR OR WATCH PROGRAMS because of his incessant talking over the music, the endings. He makes every sentence 50x longer than necessary, and really reduces the impact of choreography and interpretation because I can't actually see the programs themselves over his description of the elements. Ugh.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    That's great news! Terry Gannon was a commentator for a golf tournament I went to this past weekend. I tried to get a peek at him but didn't see the golf channel booth.

vCash
    I don't remember where it was, but I seem to recall Katarina Witt doing a fair job at commentary.

vCash
    I'd prefer Paul Wylie to Michael Weiss, but I do think Weiss has really grown and improved as an analyst. But having Terry back and at least temporarily getting rid of Sandra (crossing my fingers it is a permanent move, though I doubt the skate gods would be so kind to me) is just music to my ears.

vCash
    Terry!!!

I wonder if the dude knows how much we skatin' freaks love him.

I just love that unlike some commentators (I'm looking at YOU, Tom Hammond), Terry actually looked/sounded like he (1) did his prep work, (2) attempted correct name pronounciation, and (3) basically acted like he gave a genuine crap.

vCash
    Great News #1: TERRY and TARA

Great News #2: No Sandra Bezik!

but...Where's Johnny???? Johnny was the best freakin' part of the commentating team for Worlds 2011. I like Micheal Weiss but Johnny was spectacular.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Great News #1: TERRY and TARA

Great News #2: No Sandra Bezik!

but...Where's Johnny???? Johnny was the best freakin' part of the commentating team for Worlds 2011. I like Micheal Weiss but Johnny was spectacular.
    Well, Johnny only did the loft segment at Worlds, and not the play-by-play commentary, right? I'm assuming there won't be a loft for the GP series, but maybe Nationals?
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    You win some and you lose some

Thrilled Terry is back

Not thrilled that Tara is back. She didn't impress me at all too much "it's all about me" IMHO.

And to defend Tom Hammond... I once sat next to him on a flight. He did do prep work. It just wasn't his strong sport, but he worked on being prepared. I didn't really like him, but it's more the "style" of his voice that got to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Welcome back, Terry! Still, the fun of hearing Gannon was always how he would put Button in his place whenever he would go off on one of his long-winded and tangents. I wish Susie Wynne would return, but less Scott and Sandra can only be a good thing. Hopefully, Tara will limit talking about herself the way she did during the Worlds broadcast. I'm not familiar with Michael's work behind the mic, but he can't be worse than Scott or Peter.
    For some reason, I think Weiss will be okay. Great to have Gannon back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I wonder if the dude knows how much we skatin' freaks love him.
    Maybe U.S. fans attending the GP events can make banners declaring luv for Gannon?

Terry and Dick ...and Peggy too ... made a great team. I felt bad for Dick when he commented with Sandra and Scott for NBC; He seemed like a 3rd wheel among them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    Not thrilled that Tara is back. She didn't impress me at all too much "it's all about me" IMHO.
    Kurt was like that also. It was all about "me, me, me". "When I was competing ...." I haven't seen him commentating that much so I'm not sure if he has improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    I don't remember where it was, but I seem to recall Katarina Witt doing a fair job at commentary.
    IIRC she was used as a sideline reporter at Nationals on ABC a few years back. I didn't really think it was her strong suit- she didn't look very comfortable and I can't really blame her to be honest (with English not being her first language, etc.)...Not too sure why ABC had her in the first place...I think Lisa Gurerro(sp?) was the interviewer. Maybe they wanted to throw in some eye candy for us guys? *shrugs* oh well, I think the fewer reporters that are present, the smoother the broadcast flows.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast