Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    This was announced last year I thought. Anyway Burton and Depp are a great combo.

Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It starred Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

The show only ran one season on NBC though
    Last edited by topaz; 10-14-2010 at 04:07 AM.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    My husband loves it! He has a bunch of episode on VHS. I've never seen any episode but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie.
    You should watch it, lots of clips on YouTube and DVDs on netflicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It stared Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

I saw it and enjoyed it. too bad it did not succeed, but look forward to the movie. Burton and Depp - great potential.

I also watched the daytime one as kid and was scared. My mom did not allow us to watch it, but I would watch it at a friends house after school.
    Then saw reruns as an adult and it cracked me up. I remember Maggie in the hospital, very weak, with bite marks on her neck and noone knew what was wrong with her.

vCash
    lol, I'm almost glad I made the mistake, as this thread is cracking me up

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I was in lust with Jonathan Freid. I too hurried home every day after school to watch. The network knew who their target audience was and scheduled the program in the afternoons.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I was in lust with Jonathan Freid. I too hurried home every day after school to watch. The network knew who their target audience was and scheduled the program in the afternoons.
    Yes, me too. And it was a long walk back home (I AM NOT GOING THERE, I am not my parents). But I could have been on the track team if Dark Shadows was at the end of the race.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Oh, no.

Sorry, I like my Dark Shadows for what it was, and Burton is not capable of doing a movie that doesn't scream "THIS IS A QUIRKY DARK TIM BURTON FILM SEE HOW WEIRD IT IS." And I will reserve judgement on Depp, who can be very, very good or just WTF weird.

The real question is, who's Helena Bonham Carter playing? He casts her in everything.

vCash
    Count me in as another one who hurried home everyday to watch that show.
    I must have been obsessed with it, as it is one of the most vivid memories of my childhood!

vCash
    This could be interesting. I used to rush home from elementary school to watch the second half of Dark Shadows. However, I haven't seen any of the original episodes in over forty years. I don't know if the original series holds up well today. I did enjoy the remake series with Ben Cross and Joanna Going that briefly ran during the early 1990s. Ben Cross is a lot sexier than Jonathan Fried (the original Barnabas), imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    This could be interesting. I used to rush home from elementary school to watch the second half of Dark Shadows. However, I haven't seen any of the original episodes in over forty years. I don't know if the original series holds up well today. I did enjoy the remake series with Ben Cross and Joanna Going that briefly ran during the early 1990s. Ben Cross is a lot sexier than Jonathan Fried (the original Barnabas), imo.
    When I saw some old episodes as an adult, I was entertained. They had some good actors, lovely 60s outfits sometimes, and it was campy. Funny how as a kid I was scared, but as an adult it works on a different level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    This was announced last year I thought. Anyway Burton and Depp are a great combo.

Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It starred Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

Do you have Chiller (cable channel)? There has been a marathon of the first 8 or so episodes on a couple of times. Maybe there will be again. I second someone else's post that it was scarier in the 70's (black and white), but that was probably because we were kids. I thought the 90's version was kind of silly.

Now, skating vampires wouldn't be silly at all, huh? Oh, that just reminded me of Nancy Kerrigan's Halloween on Ice shows. Those were so good.

vCash
    That reminds me I always thought Nancy Kerrigan looked like Victoria winters

vCash
    Barnabas...Adam...Eve...

I loved this show as a kid!! And I too would rush home from school to watch it! I loved how it came on...with the dark waves and the eerie music!

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Oh, no.

Sorry, I like my Dark Shadows for what it was, and Burton is not capable of doing a movie that doesn't scream "THIS IS A QUIRKY DARK TIM BURTON FILM SEE HOW WEIRD IT IS." And I will reserve judgement on Depp, who can be very, very good or just WTF weird.

The real question is, who's Helena Bonham Carter playing? He casts her in everything.
    Dr. Julia Hoffman, of course.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12