Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ian Beharry is skating with Katherina Bobak.
    Jade Marrow is on IPS (competed at Canadian Junior Nats with Allan Stoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice.dance.girl View Post
    Ian Beharry is skating with Katherina Bobak.
    So happy for Katie and Ian!! I think he is still Junior eligible, which means they'll be all over the JGP. They will be a top (maybe THE top) Canadian Junior pair team? AWESOME. I'm sure that's a bit of relief for Rau/Simpson, who are much too young to win Junior - I think they are even too young for the JGP next season! So does anyone know if Ian and Katie are staying in Waterloo, or going to Cambridge or Strathroy?

As for Marrow/Stoll, whatup? They did really well this season, and given how young they both are, could have made maximum use out of Junior eligibility. Maybe top 5 next season, and then medal or even win the next. He's on IPS as well. When you look at the pictures, their leg lines are awesome. The first year they skated together she looked a little lost next to him, but they looked like a young team with a ton of potential this season. Sad.

vCash
    I hear Ian is moving to kw to be with Katie.

vCash
    Thanks for the information. He's also listed on IPS now.

As for Marrow/Stoll, whatup? They did really well this season, and given how young they both are, could have made maximum use out of Junior eligibility.
    Agreed. Strange. They were 10th in junior this season, and considering they were 8th in novice last season that seems like a pretty successful year.

vCash
    Hancherow/Wolfe have split. Rumour has it that he is retiring. Not sure what her plans are.

Steele/Schultz also split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    Hancherow/Wolfe have split. Rumour has it that he is retiring. Not sure what her plans are.

Steele/Schultz also split.

Sorry to see Wolfe call it quits but its understanding that he's ready to move on with the next stage of his life.

vCash
    wow. so Jr. CAN 2, 3, 4 have split.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    All 3 CAN pairs (the male partners) are not ISU Junior age-eligible any more so it's not uncommon for pairs to split as a result.

ETA link to the GSD thread started on 2/24/11 re. the Caydee Denney/Jeremy Barrett split (Haven Denney/Daniel Raad's split was also confirmed on page 9 - they were 6th in Jr. Pairs at US Nationals): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77758
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-04-2011 at 02:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    All 3 CAN pairs (the male partners) are not ISU Junior age-eligible any more so it's not uncommon for pairs to split as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    All three teams finished in the same order last year. That may have been a contributing factor as well.

vCash
    So any new partnerships in canada. the only one we have heard of so far are katie and Ian.

vCash
    I believe Stoll recently had a try out with a skater from his area. Will know in the next while if it was successsful.

vCash
    Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth have split. Felicia announced it herself on her page: http://www.facebook.com/feliciazhang.taylortoth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth have split. Felicia announced it herself on her page: http://www.facebook.com/feliciazhang.taylortoth
    What a shame. Young pair that had good singles skills...gone.

I think Taylor will find another partner, he has a great deal of promise. Good posture, decent skating skills and can land a 3toe! Wonder if he will relocate to Colo.

vCash
    I hate seeing this thread bumped up. I'm always a bit scared to see who's split now

Sad to hear about Zhang and Toth. I knew she'd been injured but anyone know anything else? Certainly their jr US title is nothing to sneer at and they should be proud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    I hate seeing this thread bumped up. I'm always a bit scared to see who's split now . . .
    Yeah, any new posting on this thread almost invariably leads to disappointment.

I hope both Zhang and Toth will be able to find new partners quickly and that their new partnerships will be successful. Hoping for the best for them both.

vCash
    Whhhhy? Ugh.

They were good together.

vCash
    Bryna Oi is now listed on Ice Partner Search

She finished 5th in Novice Dance at US Nats with Mark Jahnke.

vCash
    I think Alissandra Aronow is now listed as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Whhhhy? Ugh.

They were good together.
    You could see this coming. Both of them have been very quiet about their partnership since they were forced to withdraw from Nationals due to Felicia's injury. And it was interesting that they withdrew from pairs, but she was willing to give it a go in singles (she ultimately withdrew from that as well, but it was clear that the pair training had suffered the most from her injury).

They struggled earlier in the season, in particular at Nebelhorn, then they lost a bit of training time as Felicia squeezed in a singles JGP in between Nebelhorn & Skate America... They went on to struggle a great deal at SA, and Felicia was injured there. That seemed to disrupt their training for the rest of their season, and Felicia said it was difficult to practice the pair elements.

They are both good skaters, but I'm not sure how well they meshed. They were clearly having big difficulties with the triple twist (scary technique), and seemed to have issues with the difficulty of elements like lifts. They of course could have improved, but the frustration of the injury situation seemed to be building, and honestly, dealing with adversity is not exactly a US pairs forte. Plus, since Felicia's thinking of moving away for college, who knows what the pairs coaching situation will be like wherever she ends up. At least Felicia still has singles to fall back on if nothing materializes in terms of another pair partner. It's a shame because it's just another case of an accomplished US pairs team (in this case, Jr National Champs) splitting after one rough season, but their story does seem to involve a lot more than just having a rough season. I was pretty much expecting this one after they became really silent after the Nationals situation.

vCash
    I agree that this wasn't unforeseeable in the weeks since Nationals, but I still think it's disappointing. I did think it was very weird that she still attempted to skate singles at Nationals after withdrawing from pairs. Felicia is a born pairs skater, and I'm not sure why she's still holding on to the singles skating, especially when it's impacting her pairs training.

If it's true that Felicia might relocate for college, why wasn't this considered 2 years ago when they teamed up? US teams all too often seem to have little forsight, patience or perseverance. This wasn't the best season for them, but they still accomplished a long-- making their senior international debut, skating in 2 senior GPs, dealing with bad performances, working on their lifts. Success doesn't come over night. They obviously didn't have a very strong commitment or very clear long-term goals as a team, which I think is unfortunate. They were well-matched physically and could have been quite decent given 3 or 4 more years together. National champions, even.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast