Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Don't forget that Cody Hay is engaged to Annabelle Langlois. I imagine she would have something to say about his choice of partners.

vCash
    wow, didn't know they're engaged ...
    Nune

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Her ISU bio lists her as closer to 5'4" than 5'3", and that's pretty tall for pairs, so it will of course limit possible candidates. Does she do a SBS triple? I know she did a nice 2A and 2Lz with her previous partner. She does seem to be lacking somewhat technically.. The double twist lacked height, no second throw triple, etc. But with time she could improve. It would be nice for Poland to have a pair team again, so I hope it works out for her.
    She's a little on the tall side, so that limits partners somewhat, yes.

Last season S/C did 2a/2t and 2lz, yes. But this season they also had 3s in their FS.

Sulej has a 3toe and a 3salchow and you can see a video of her landing a sbs 3s on her IPS profile.

She's working on 3flip and 3lutz and has landed a number of 3flips in practice.

And this season, S/C added a second triple throw too. They were doing throw 3flip in addition to the throw 3salchow.

You can see the video of them landing a gorgeous 3flip on her IPS profile too.

I actually genuinely like her skating a lot. She's very elegant and has gorgeous lines.

So it's not just because she's Polish and we're desperate for skaters.

vCash
    Canada's Bobak/Penasse (J3 in 2010 and 2011) have split.

He is now on icepartnersearch.com, not sure if she is continuing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blademate View Post

Shame because they had some very nice elements but understandable given the big age difference.

vCash

I thought she looked like she had some potential. Unless she gets too tall for pairs. I actually thought she was stronger than Penasse.

vCash
    Canadian junior ice dancers Jazz Smyl Joly/Ryan Behnia have broke up, she is listed on icepartnersearch.com.

vCash
    I thought she looked like she had some potential. Unless she gets too tall for pairs. I actually thought she was stronger than Penasse.
    Maybe she's already formed a new partnership, since she isn't listed on icepartnersearch. She would be JGP-eligible with a JGP-eligible partner, and Matthew isn't (and wasn't, this season). That could be a reason to switch partners, if one was available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Carolyn MacCuish/Tyler Morris (2009 Novice Dance champs; did not qualify for Jr Cdn's 2011)
    Carolyn MacCuish is listed on IPS

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash

Aww, I really liked them.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    say Beharry/Tikel of Canada have split as well.

vCash
    Does anybody know if Jessica Rose Paetsch is still skating ? Liked Paetsch/ Meekins sorry they split

vCash
    Any other break ups this year?

vCash
    Based on current icepartnersearch.com listings, the following U.S. dance and pair teams have split after Nationals/Junior Nationals:
    Morgan Sowa/David Leenen (9th, Junior Pairs & 7th, JGP GER) - both are listed
    Heather Buckner/Nicholas Taylor (10th, Junior Dance) - he's listed
    Janelle Unger/Robert Przepioski (11th, Novice Pairs) - she's listed
    Whitney Miller/Grant Lorello (2nd, Intermediate Dance) - she's listed
    Hannah Pfeifer/Scott Dudley (7th, Intermediate Dance) - both are listed
    Hannah Klopstock/David Botero (3rd, Intermediate Pairs) - she's listed

Amanda Dobbs is recently listed on icepartnersearch.

Also a "blast from the past" name -- Amy Howerton (Cuadra). Her last US Nationals was 2004 with Steven Pottenger (they were the 2003 Jr. champs).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 02-12-2011 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Canadian ice dancer Sara Aghai (of the junior team Sara Aghai/Qwynn Dalmer) is listed on IPS. They skated quite well at Challenge, where they finished 9th, but then had a disastrous Canadians, where they finished 16th.

He's not listed yet on IPS.

vCash
    Wow, seems to be a lot of female ice dancers on IPS, where are all the males, quit? If so, a lot of female will be out of luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    Wow, seems to be a lot of female ice dancers on IPS, where are all the males, quit? If so, a lot of female will be out of luck.
    Many times, boys don't show up on IPS, especially higher-level boys who are only willing to consider skating with girls who already have high-level experience. Especially with the boys, Coach A calls Coach B, C, and D, and says, hey you have anybody? Coach A and the boy might troll IPS, looking for girls who fit their criteria, but if a well-known boy puts a profile up, he and Coach A are going to receive 300 phone calls/emails, when maybe only 1 or 2 of those are actually realistic candidates - and can be found by calling Coaches B, C, and D.

vCash
    makes sense, thanks

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Based on current icepartnersearch.com listings, the following U.S. dance and pair teams have split after Nationals/Junior Nationals:
    Morgan Sowa/David Leenen (9th, Junior Pairs & 7th, JGP GER) - both are listed
    Heather Buckner/Nicholas Taylor (10th, Junior Dance) - he's listed
    Janelle Unger/Robert Przepioski (11th, Novice Pairs) - she's listed
    Whitney Miller/Grant Lorello (2nd, Intermediate Dance) - she's listed
    Hannah Pfeifer/Scott Dudley (7th, Intermediate Dance) - both are listed
    Hannah Klopstock/David Botero (3rd, Intermediate Pairs) - she's listed

Amanda Dobbs is recently listed on icepartnersearch.

Also a "blast from the past" name -- Amy Howerton (Cuadra). Her last US Nationals was 2004 with Steven Pottenger (they were the 2003 Jr. champs).
    Wow I remember Amy Howerton, She must be married now with the name change. I wonder why back trying to do pairs after such a long time not in competition? What are the chances of someone coming back like this and being competitive. I guess it depends on the partner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    Many times, boys don't show up on IPS, especially higher-level boys who are only willing to consider skating with girls who already have high-level experience. Especially with the boys, Coach A calls Coach B, C, and D, and says, hey you have anybody? Coach A and the boy might troll IPS, looking for girls who fit their criteria, but if a well-known boy puts a profile up, he and Coach A are going to receive 300 phone calls/emails, when maybe only 1 or 2 of those are actually realistic candidates - and can be found by calling Coaches B, C, and D.
    Very true, this goes for all elite pair and dance skaters. They do their searches behind the scenes without public advertisement. The elite coaches all know each other and they talk and arrange tryouts in private. No one wants the public gossiping about their tryouts and potential partners.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast