Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    I hope he gets a decent partner, maybe one of Samson or Lacoste could give pairs a try since I dont think they are going anywhere in singles..
    Dont know if either of them would work out, their nerves get the better of them, I would imagine that pairs skating would be more stressful and high risk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfanfan61 View Post
    I heard that Mateusz found a new partner already. He will be skating with Aneta Michalek
    Cross-posting with the Polish Skating Thread:

I can confirm that Aneta Michalek and Mateusz Chruscinski have been practising together for 3 weeks.

I will write something more about the Diamond Spin competition later (it was a test skate for the Polish National Team), want to finish my report for the Polish forum first (and I doubt many FSUers care about obscure Polish competitions anyhow ;D).
    Last edited by Ziggy; 10-26-2010 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Cross-posting with the Polish Skating Thread:

(and I doubt many FSUers care about obscure Polish competitions anyhow ;D).
    Did you omissing me!

vCash
    .... it seems as if Novik / Kusnetzov have been sperated, as she has become to tall for him

vCash
    I've heard that Joanna Sulej and Martin Liebers (of Germany) tried out, but I don't know what the outcome was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I've heard that Joanna Sulej and Martin Liebers (of Germany) tried out, but I don't know what the outcome was.
    It didn't work out.

news about it in the Polish skating thread.

vCash
    The new pair of Cyrielle PIQUIOT-GARCIA / Christopher TREFIL (HUN), coached by Lloyd Eisler in Los Angeles, were originally listed on the Senior Pairs roster for the Nesquik Cup in Torun, Poland (did not show) and provisionally for 2011 Europeans. However, Piquiot (FRA) listed herself on icepartnersearch in early January and Trefil may have retired (still unconfirmed).

Moved these recent dance splits over to this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    new splits, according to ice partner search:

Rachel Kirkland & partner
    Natalie Feign & partner
    Abby Carswell & partner
    Natalie Feigin/Evgeni Krasniak AZE (7th at Coupe de Nice, 10th at Golden Spin)
    Abby Carswell/Andrew Doleman (15th in Jr. Dance at Canadian Challenge)
    Rachel Kirkland/Sebastien Buron (18th in Jr. Dance at Canadian Challenge)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    Carolyn MacCuish/Tyler Morris (2009 Novice Dance champs; did not qualify for Jr Cdn's 2011)

vCash
    That's too bad ... they showed such promise last season.

vCash
    Carolyn MacCuish/Tyler Morris (2009 Novice Dance champs; did not qualify for Jr Cdn's 2011)
    I think they did qualify. They were 7th at Challenge, which was well above the qualification threshhold for Canadians.

I did wonder why they weren't skating at Canadians. Thanks for the information.

vCash

Junior dancers

The skaters of French National say Géraldine Bott did final competition this weekend she stop skating because she not wish to continue.
    Neil Brown continue in Seniors he look for another partner.
    I like this couple, is bad news.

vCash
    That is a shame. They seemed very promising.

Sorry for the shameless plug but Polish skating is in an abysmal state at the moment and we have hardly any skaters at the Senior level so a friendly reminder:

The gorgeous Joanna Sulej is still looking for a Pairs partner. She's been getting rave reviews from some FSUers calling her a "perfect pair partner" and praising her elegance and beautiful lines.

Ok, I feel like a used cars salesmen now but she really is a lovely skater. And she's willing to relocate. And representing Poland means it's easy to make the National Team and if you're on it and represent a good level, you're guaranteed funding.

Her Ice Partner Search bio here:
    http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=1555

vCash
    I am not Polish so my word may take more weight She really is. I cannot understand why the male skaters don't stand in line for her?

I remember that Anton Truve of Sweden is still looking for a partner? But he might be too tall for her. He is really really tall and Joana is so slight and tiny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I am not Polish so my word may take more weight She really is. I cannot understand why the male skaters don't stand in line for her?
    Heh I was actually quoting you there.

Thanks a lot. See, it's not just me.

I guess Joanna was very unlucky because her and Mateusz split in October, after the season was already in full swing.

That's definitely not a good time to be looking for partners. The end of the season is where it's at.

Hopefully now, with all the major Nationals being over, she might get some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I remember that Anton Truve of Sweden is still looking for a partner? But he might be too tall for her. He is really really tall and Joana is so slight and tiny.
    She's 160cm (5'3") and 48kg (107lbs). So not as super tiny as some female pair skaters but rather pocket-sized, yes.

Having already achieved what she did with her previous partner (she's also skated Junior Pairs previously), she would like somebody who has previous Pairs experience, which unfortunately limits the number of available candidates.

vCash
    Why were Joana Suliej - Mateusz Chrushinski training in Montreal when the Siudeks are available in Poland? I'm surprised the Polish Fed paid for that. I can't think of a coach in Montreal who is better for pairs than the Siudeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Why were Joana Suliej - Mateusz Chrushinski training in Montreal when the Siudeks are available in Poland? I'm surprised the Polish Fed paid for that. I can't think of a coach in Montreal who is better for pairs than the Siudeks.
    Sulej/Chruscinski lived and trained in Canada in Richard Gauthier's team. As much as I adore the Siudeks, you can't deny that Gauthier is a much more experienced and successful coach. Dorota and Mariusz are just beginning their coaching career.

Still, they are great people and obviously costs of training at home would be far far lower. Siudeks seem to be much more appreciated abroad than in their home country.

vCash
    The Siudeks themselves trained for a long time in Montreal with Gauthier, and they are close friends with him.

Perhaps they supported the decision to have Sulej-Chruscinski go to Montreal for a period of time, assuming the $ were available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    The Siudeks themselves trained for a long time in Montreal with Gauthier, and they are close friends with him.

Perhaps they supported the decision to have Sulej-Chruscinski go to Montreal for a period of time, assuming the $ were available.
    Indeed.

They have a very close relationship to Richard (they even named their son after him ) and I think they helped to arrange that.

vCash
    Thanks a lot. See, it's not just me.

I guess Joanna was very unlucky because her and Mateusz split in October, after the season was already in full swing.

That's definitely not a good time to be looking for partners. The end of the season is where it's at.

Hopefully now, with all the major Nationals being over, she might get some luck.

She's 160cm (5'3") and 48kg (107lbs). So not as super tiny as some female pair skaters but rather pocket-sized, yes.

Having already achieved what she did with her previous partner (she's also skated Junior Pairs previously), she would like somebody who has previous Pairs experience, which unfortunately limits the number of available candidates.
    If she was anyone else, you'd be ranting about how she is too tall and not good enough. In all seriousness, she is a pleasant skater and I hope she has luck in finding a partner. Her ISU bio lists her as closer to 5'4" than 5'3", and that's pretty tall for pairs, so it will of course limit possible candidates. Does she do a SBS triple? I know she did a nice 2A and 2Lz with her previous partner. She does seem to be lacking somewhat technically.. The double twist lacked height, no second throw triple, etc. But with time she could improve. It would be nice for Poland to have a pair team again, so I hope it works out for her.

vCash
    The gorgeous Joanna Sulej is still looking for a Pairs partner. She's been getting rave reviews from some FSUers calling her a "perfect pair partner" and praising her elegance and beautiful lines.

Ok, I feel like a used cars salesmen now but she really is a lovely skater. And she's willing to relocate. And representing Poland means it's easy to make the National Team and if you're on it and represent a good level, you're guaranteed funding.

Her Ice Partner Search bio here:
    http://icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=1555
    How about that well known Polish-Canadian Cody Hayinski?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast