vCash

Why are Christians are throwing a fit over yoga?

Stuff Christian Culture Likes - #196 Not Yoga (with a sermon clip by Mark Driscoll)

I am officially convinced that Mark Driscoll is paranoid....plus based on some other sermons maybe some other things.

Recently a president of a Southern Baptist seminary has also rallied against yoga as well. Yoga poses dangers to genuine Christian faith

Thoughts? Personally, yoga has never been my thing and I prefer pilates. I do know of several Yoga instructors who are pretty strong Christians so I am not getting this. Plus, most people do yoga for fitness.

I guess there are Christians who are opposed to doing anything meditative or relaxing that doesn't involved prayer.

vCash

vCash
    Love the comment someone left (ben):
    ah mark driscoll... i went to this dude's church to check him out. during this time he gave a lecture for 'men only' that i attended in which he told everyone in the room what we should be striving for is a job that pays at least 70k per year, a stay at home wife who has steak on the table and is naked on the bed when we get home from our 70k job, and to drive the biggest suv you can buy to protect your loved ones in case of an accident. he also wanted 10+% of that 70k for his church of course.
    i don't have the words to express how disturbing this man is.

vCash
    Sounds like Driscoll. IIRC, he's also the one who said it's wrong for a man to be a stay-at-home dad.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Driscoll has had his wife onstage and do some Q&A from the audience. There are many videos on Youtube. She seems nice but I did kind of cringe because I think she is either 1)brainwashed and/or 2)have some sort of dependency problem.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Can we please not lump "Christians" into one big group? Bad enough I'm either considered not one (because somehow Catholocism and Orthodoxy don't count, despite predating all other forms by centuries?) or get dumped in with everything from Jehovah's Witnesses to Mormons.

(And please. If a man bought me an SUV I'd dump him for the first guy driving a Jag who came along, even an S-type and I hate those.)

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    My church has its own yoga class. Guess we're not "Christian" enough either.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Please post comments on the old thread.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.