Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian Poll

vCash

Russian Poll

Overcoming ( nomination for endurance, courage and firmness) (sorry by my english)

-Plushenko.
    -Domnina&Shabalin
    -kawaguti&Smirnov

http://fsrussia.ru/poll/9/

vCash
    I hope I voted for K&S.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    I voted for K/S, too, but it looks like we are in the minority. However, I'm relying on calica's interpretation skills as to what the vote is for since I don't speak Russian.

(thanks, calica)
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

vCash
    I voted by Dom/Sha.....

He and his knee and she and her father... for me is incredible although i am not their fan nº1

vCash
    Oksana and Maksim of course

vCash
    It looks like Plushenko is just barely beating Domnina and Shabalin. I am torn like the poll is torn.

"Overcoming (a nomination for endurance, courage and stability)" this what I got on a translation site-only the last word is different.

vCash
    Domnina Shabalin. The fact that they where even able to compete at the olympics is quite an achievement!

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Domnina/Shabalin
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    It looks like Plushenko is just barely beating Domnina and Shabalin.
    Kind of surprise here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Kind of surprise here.
    No , why??

vCash
    Domnina / Shabalin all the way!

vCash
    DomShabs

vCash
    DomShabs for me, as well.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    No , why??
    I have no idea how they organized this poll but it looks like they just put leaders from each discipline on the list. No women just because there's no good and internationally famous Russian leader among women after Slutskaya retirement. If we compare DomShabs and Plush, the last one has a better match for the title of the award- Preodoleniye (overcome or somesuch) with his history. DomShabs simply didn't do what he did. Many people who vote for DomShabs simply do that because they don't want to vote for Plush, not because DomShabs' Preodoliniye is higher.

vCash
    If we compare DomShabs and Plush, the last one has a better match for the title of the award- Preodoleniye (overcome or somesuch) with his history. DomShabs simply didn't do what he did. Many people who vote for DomShabs simply do that because they don't want to vote for Plush, not because DomShabs' Preodoliniye is higher.
    Hmmm, personally I voted for D/S not as a protest againstt Plushy. I sincerely feel that the story of Oksana and Maksim is more worthy than Evgeniy's. I am agree that some may vote for them just not to give votes to Plushy but this absolutely does not diminish D/S's Preodoleniye. It was Maksim who skated in pain and literally w/o knees and under terrific pressure, and Oksana who tragically lost her father. I don't think Plushy who already was an Olys champ and silver medalist had the same stress as Oksana and Maksim did.
    I don't know how else to explain it, but for me Domnina and Shabalin totally deserve this, w/o any help from those who don't like Pluschenko.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    It was Maksim who skated in pain and literally w/o knees and under terrific pressure, and Oksana who tragically lost her father. I don't think Plushy who already was an Olys champ and silver medalist had the same stress as Oksana and Maksim did.
    That put Plush under a much bigger pressure than DomShabs who were not even seriously considered to win the Olympics. And he was under a really serious pressure, especially with that dirty PR work that came form those e-mail stories. He was not less injuried and his personal life had some unbright moments too. DomShabs deserve the award but Plush deserves it better methinks. Many voters are Russian and they traditionally have a high level of sympathy and kindness. They realize that DomShabs probably will never have a chance, unlike Plush whose participation in the international events is a reality. Who knows we might see him in Sochi.

vCash
    Since as you said most voters are Russian, and this poll is on a figure skating not some tabloid site, I think people who visit it and vote there are aware of what is happening in life of athletes, and probably do not equalize divorce with death. Well, we seem to have a really polar view on what was happening in skating, and see it in a totally different light . BTW my 2nd vote would have gone to K/S (who are by far not may favourite couple), and this is not because I don't like Plushy.

vCash
    Many people who vote for DomShabs simply do that because they don't want to vote for Plush, not because DomShabs' Preodoliniye is higher.
    Really ??
    There will be some of them that do it but also there will be many who vote for Eugeny without importing about ask in the poll..

It seems me unjust to despise the votes of Dom/Shab

That put Plush under a much bigger pressure than DomShabs who were not even seriously considered to win the Olympics.
    They realize that DomShabs probably will never have a chance, unlike Plush whose participation in the international events is a reality. Who knows we might see him in Sochi.
    Do not I understand that relation is between the medals won (or possibilities of medal) with what they ask in the poll?

vCash
    pumba, I totally agree and I voted for D/S for the same reason. It's not about medals and all, it's about how hard it was for them to skate but they did it no matter what. If I could I would have vote for all of them, for K/S and for Plushenko too, 'cause it wasn't easy for all of them. But for me D/S deserve this more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    Really ??
    There will be some of them that do it but also there will be many who vote for Eugeny without importing about ask in the poll..

It seems me unjust to despise the votes of Dom/Shab
    I´ve voted for both Plushenko & DomShab but I don´t understand, are you suggesting that some people believe that DomShab deserve this award but they´ll vote for Plushenko anyway?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast